Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

If this deal goes through as suggested, especially with Port giving up their f1, then Pies must have some leverage over port and the suns. Port and suns doing crazy deals to improve a direct competitor for a top 8 spot. Never change guys.
Right?

Can’t understand this from Port or GCS perspective.

Port can’t be that desperate for Atkins or Luko, surely? Even if they were, why do they need to deal with Collingwood when North are offering a better deal?

I understand GCS want Noble, but he is not the player you make sacrifices elsewhere to get over the line. Could get Hind as DFA and have a very similar player for nothing if you really want a quick, clean HBF

EDIT:
Pleasedontfail11 I’m not salty, I’m impressed with the Pies robbing the Suns and disappointed with the Suns for squandering another trade period

Can only give the Pies props

Last edited:
Collingwood receives: Dan Houston, 58

Port Adelaide receives: Jack Lukosius, Joe Richards and Rory Atkins, 13, 29, 50

Gold Coast receives: John Noble, 2 x future first-rounders, 39

From The Age
Surely North’s offer for Houston was better and you work out Richards and Lukosius separately if you’re Port?

Great deal for the Suns and Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funniest part of all of this is I didn’t know Atkins was still on a list. Thought he’d been cut years ago

That is the beauty of trade week. Players you thought long gone pop up and apparently are key pieces of major deals.

Surely Port just talk to Carlton and avoid list cloggers being forced on them.

Surely North’s offer for Houston was better and you work out Richards and Lukosius separately if you’re Port?

Great deal for the Suns and Pies.
Reportedly North offer to player and club was better, but also reported Dan didn’t want to go to North in the end.

Only reason North were ever mentioned was because they offered way more $ than the others. He never wanted to go there

Right?

Can’t understand this from Port or GCS perspective.

Port can’t be that desperate for Atkins or Luko, surely? Even if they were, why do they need to deal with Collingwood when North are offering a better deal?

I understand GCS want Noble, but he is not the player you make sacrifices elsewhere to get over the line. Could get Hind as DFA and have a very similar player for nothing if you really want a quick, clean HBF

EDIT:
Pleasedontfail11 I’m not salty, I’m impressed with the Pies robbing the Suns and disappointed with the Suns for squandering another trade period

Can only give the Pies props
Houston didn't want to go to North and Port Power wanted to get back to this draft.

I love how everyone in here is making wild statements about each club involved while sourcing completely different trades to one another.

Did Port give up their first? Did the Suns give up Lukosius for nothing?

Seems like everyone’s still got NFI what the actual deal was, but it didn’t stopping them from teeing off.

I love how everyone in here is making wild statements about each club involved while sourcing completely different trades to one another.

Did Port give up their first? Did the Suns give up Lukosius for nothing?

Seems like everyone’s still got NFI what the actual deal was, but it didn’t stopping them from teeing off.

What's not to know?

You traded pick 13 and 29 to the pies for noble and a f1.

Noble and pick 29 cancel out so for some reason you've traded pick 13 straight up for a f1 when other clubs were offering alot more.

You prioritised dealing with the pies over pick 13 for john noble as if he's nick daicos.

Then the deal for Rioli is a joke, Dan Houston a much better player just went for a f1 and John noble yet you are trading pick 6 in a superdraft AND pick 23.

But go ahead defend these atrocious moves

What's not to know?

You traded pick 13 and 29 to the pies for noble and a f1.

Noble and pick 29 cancel out so for some reason you've traded pick 13 straight up for a f1 when other clubs were offering alot more.

You prioritised dealing with the pies over pick 13 for john noble as if he's nick daicos.

Then the deal for Rioli is a joke, Dan Houston a much better player just went for a f1 and John noble yet you are trading pick 6 in a superdraft AND pick 23.

But go ahead defend these atrocious moves
quiet tim and eric GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back