Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Port using their cap space after bombing out in free agency on Rory Atkins.

Someone on FB said that Rory Arkins was the missing peice of the puzzle for Port, because every sewer needs a rat.
Imagine getting Rory Atkins as a part of that deal.

It kind of is. You're trying to turn a collection of items that aren't worth all that much by themselves into an elite player, because you traded your first for Schultz and then missed the finals
GC is looking to offload pick 13 for an established player, as if the don't, it gets burnt on academy players.

Pick 13 for the Pies or Port does not have the same value as Pick 13 for Gold Coast. Gold Coast are encouraged to move down the draft.

They either trade it or it gets swallowed up.

On paper it doesn't look an awful deal for the Suns, but they basically settled for fair value when they could've significantly extracted it from all reports like they did last year with the Dogs.

Port look really bad out of this, though.

Collingwood manage to pull off a major heist. If Rioli was worth #6 + extras, Houston's probably worth two firsts with one being a Top 10 pick. Yet they didn't need to give a Top 10 pick at all.....

On paper it doesn't look an awful deal for the Suns, but they basically settled for fair value when they could've significantly extracted it from all reports like they did last year with the Dogs.

Port look really bad out of this, though.

Collingwood manage to pull off a major heist. If Rioli was worth #6 + extras, Houston's probably worth two firsts with one being a Top 10 pick. Yet they didn't need to give a Top 10 pick at all.....
Rioli isn't worth pick 6, GCS is only willing to offer this because Hardwick want him at any cost and pick 6 is their earliest selection. He is worth around pick 15 and Houston is worth around pick 10.

I am trying to make sense of this trade

Port
Out: Houston, F1, 39, 58
In: Luko, 13, Richards, Atkins, 29, 39

Luko and F1 cancel out, so basically, Houston for 13, Richards, swaps and a salary dump. I'd value Richards a pick in the 30s so it's a pretty long way away from "compelling deal" I'd have thought

Gold Coast
Out: Luko, 13, 29, 39, Atkins
In: Port F1, Pies F1, Noble

Luko and F1 cancel out and Noble is worth like pick 39 surely. Atkins is a dump. They must be paying a lot so that Port take him because how in the **** is it costing them 13 and 29 for a pies F1...

Pies
Out: Noble, Richards, F1, 36
In: Houston. 58

Finally, someone has pulled off the "take my crap to get your gold" strategy...

What on earth are Port doing?

Lukosious is also not very good. He had one solid year a couple of years ago but he isn’t a difference make. Destined to have a Jack Watts like impact. Not to mention the salary he’s on.

Houston practically handed away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am trying to make sense of this trade

Port
Out: Houston, F1, 39, 58
In: Luko, 13, Richards, Atkins, 29, 39

Luko and F1 cancel out, so basically, Houston for 13, Richards, swaps and a salary dump. I'd value Richards a pick in the 30s so it's a pretty long way away from "compelling deal" I'd have thought

Gold Coast
Out: Luko, 13, 29, 39, Atkins
In: Port F1, Pies F1, Noble

Luko and F1 cancel out and Noble is worth like pick 39 surely. Atkins is a dump. They must be paying a lot so that Port take him because how in the **** is it costing them 13 and 29 for a pies F1...

Pies
Out: Noble, Richards, F1, 36
In: Houston. 58

Finally, someone has pulled off the "take my crap to get your gold" strategy...

agree about collingwood but dont forget gold coast WANT to get rid of luko altogether so talk is talk, but i think they be happy getting anything back for him.

why did port do this?

agree about collingwood but dont forget gold coast WANT to get rid of luko altogether so talk is talk, but i think they be happy getting anything back for him.

why did port do this?
I'll believe GC on their stance that it wasn't a "get rid of him" thing. Given two Clubs were after him, I think he has value and its not a dump. I personally always thought F1 straight up was fairly straightforward

GC is looking to offload pick 13 for an established player, as if the don't, it gets burnt on academy players.

Pick 13 for the Pies or Port does not have the same value as Pick 13 for Gold Coast. Gold Coast are encouraged to move down the draft.

They either trade it or it gets swallowed up.

That's moron logic.

If club A in this case north Melbourne is offering x
And club B Collingwood is offering 50 % less

And both options will allow the Suns to get their academy picks and achieve future objectives etc, then they have a duty to their members to pick option A.

Or the people in charge there should sack themselves.

When you look at what Melbourne and Carlton paid for 9 and 14 it's clear.

Future First, Noble & Richard’s.

You’re certainly all in! No youth coming through & none drafted last year, this year or next!

He’s a great get if the deal is done - interesting to see what difference he makes to the pies.
  • Future first that is a reasonable chance on being used on a F/S.
  • 27 Yo Noble out, 27YO Houston in
  • 24 YO Richards out, 25 YO Perryman in

Tell us how this is all in?

Future First, Noble & Richard’s.

You’re certainly all in! No youth coming through & none drafted last year, this year or next!

He’s a great get if the deal is done - interesting to see what difference he makes to the pies.
Our 1st round pick next year will be used on a F/S. which now we don’t need

Do your research before cocking off Charles.

Other than for clicks, it's difficult to understand how the media keeps mentioning Collingwood in this. How do they realistically get it done with what they have?

They're.not even the frontrunners for 13, and as soon as you add Houston, the value of their F1 decreases.
The Pies were always front runners for 13, and always had the trade capital to get this done

• Future first that is a reasonable chance on being used on a F/S.
  • 27 Yo Noble out, 27YO Houston in
  • 24 YO Richards out, 25 YO Perryman in

Tell us how this is all in?
Houston in - huge salary for 6 years.
Perryman in - huge salary for 6 years.

Oldest list by far - 9 players over 30 YOA?

One father son drafted the only ( reportedly) high-ish draft pick in 3 years.

No incumbent youth coming through.

This the deepest & strongest draft in decades.

I’d say that’s all in!

Maybe GC only payed 13 for a F1 + Noble
Pick 29 might be a dump for Adkins.
That makes more sense from a GC point of view.

This part is going unspoken and under rated
If whats been mentioned is true about Atkins and 2 years at $500k that is a salary dump well worth that pick
Luko $2 mil over 2 years
Atkins $1 mil over 2 years
Rioli pick #23 will have cap contribution attached

Suns are effectively shedding $3.5 - $3.8 mil off the cap in 2 years which would cover alot of players increases
they are not as silly as some think

2024 trade period goals wouls have been all achieved
Rioli , Noble , 2 x F1's , Lombard and shedding cap space

They have done exactly what they set out to do

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back