Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Future picks are always devalued by clubs, and with this being a strong draft even more so. Where Carlton are likely to finish next year is anyones guess, but there's no reason to think it would be a particularly great pick
Freo lathering up over their Schultz trade Future 1st this year - they’ve creamed Collingwood with that future bet.

Freo lathering up over their Schultz trade Future 1st this year - they’ve creamed Collingwood with that future bet.
I really think particularly top 8 future 1sts seem very undervalued still. With the exponential increase in value as a team falls down the ladder, you basically only risk losing a little bit while winning a lot if your patient.

Looking like St Kilda going cold and its more carlton now

But they dont want to give up pick #11
I reckon they get 13 off GC using futures mainly then cobble up enough value elsewhere to make it work. Seems media is pushing Cerra. Maybe they get a late first somewhere for him

I reckon they get 13 off GC using futures mainly then cobble up enough value elsewhere to make it work. Seems media is pushing Cerra. Maybe they get a late first somewhere for him
Supposedly Cerra is in negotiations to extend
not sure how they get #13 for their F1 as F1 are rated lower specially from a club looking like making top 4 next year
GC have so many ways to get points.

Plus they have 4 more highly rated academy kids next year
They must think some of their junk will bring some value - BSOS , Kennedy,Martin etc

Supposedly Cerra is in negotiations to extend
not sure how they get #13 for their F1 as F1 are rated lower specially from a club looking like making top 4 next year
GC have so many ways to get points.

Plus they have 4 more highly rated academy kids next year
They must think some of their junk will bring some value - BSOS , Kennedy,Martin etc
Their F1 with some points this year should be close. Who else will be motivated for it with a pick they'd give up?

I don't see any other way they can possibly keep 11 unless it's a load of shit

Cerra at Richmond would make sense for say pick 20 and 21. For Port, the accumulated draft picks would help them get say Joe Riichards and have a go for others

A double all Australian who is one of the best defenders in the game vs ANB, who is a good honest B grader, at the same age? It's a different level. I'm not giving a top 10 pick for Houston, but a late first. ANB is maybe worth a pick in the 30-40 range.
Melbourne supporters thinking they are getting pick 24 for him is silly. We wouldn't even do a 24 downgrade for him.
I don’t think Melbourne supporters think they are getting pick 24.

Just Danster

Their F1 with some points this year should be close. Who else will be motivated for it with a pick they'd give up?

I don't see any other way they can possibly keep 11 unless it's a load of shit
I really cant see how it gets done without losing an asset like Cerra or another player that can get them a top 10 pick
they are just bluffing if houston is to be at Carlton it will be #11 plus

Cerra at Richmond would make sense for say pick 20 and 21. For Port, the accumulated draft picks would help them get say Joe Riichards and have a go for others
I wouldnt give #21

That is effectively a F1 for a team wanting the 1st pick on the 2nd day and with a deep draft there will be offers from teams like Geelong , Port ,Dogs

Cerra is not worth a great deal with his injuries this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt give #21

That is effectively a F1 for a team wanting the 1st pick on the 2nd day and with a deep draft there will be offers from teams like Geelong , Port ,Dogs

Cerra is not worth a great deal with his injuries this year
I’d give pick 21 but I think he’s reached his ceiling. Which is a 3rd-4th mid at a good team.
His injury history is concerning.
He’d be a good addition but one of those players that if you miss on getting, is far from the end of the world.

Future first could easily be pick 12+
Just not enough I don't think. With his contract, Port should be saying the price is two first rounders, at least one of those being around pick 10.
Don't disagree with that being what Port should ask for, just don't see any team trading that much for a a 28 year old half back.

One of those cases of being more valuable to Port than he is to other teams imo.

I think he is more valuable than what we'd be prepared to offer and fair enough. He's a contracted, gun All Australian. I wouldn't want to lose him either. Wouldn't begrudge Port for holding him if they don't get absolute overs that no other club would pay.

Don't sign long term contracts lads if you think you'll want to leave.

Credit where its due, port last night got the job done with the season on the line against a side with top drawer small forwards without even 1 of their regular half backs available. Burgoyne played a cracker and looks a window to tge future for them across half back. I have swung around to thinking they should offload houston for what picks they can get as he is at best trade value now

Credit where its due, port last night got the job done with the season on the line against a side with top drawer small forwards without even 1 of their regular half backs available. Burgoyne played a cracker and looks a window to tge future for them across half back. I have swung around to thinking they should offload houston for what picks they can get as he is at best trade value now

Absolutely top shelf list management. Get back into a strong draft, get a pick for Luko (who is a desperate need for them now) and pick up Perryman to replace Houston
It’s actually a brilliant strategy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back