Danger is Coming and its Purple

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2004
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Derby County FC
I think this game is potentially one of the toughest so far. Freo are a good team and when there on song they are one of the best. We need to hope that Freo don't go into a 7 game winning streak like they did last year disposing every team in their reach. I think that Geelong are a far better team that Freo but they can still match us especially with there foward line. This game looms as a real threat, thoughts?

People say we are over our 'Interstate Hoo-Doo', but I do not think we are. 2 games in a row isnt much. I think to be over the interstate hoo-doo, a Victorian team needs to win around 50% of their interstate games over a 3 or 4 year period.

We should win, but with 35,000 screaming fans with hope for the new coach, I can see us losing.

Its freo they are the lughing stock of the AFL, just when things are starting to happen they crumble quicker than you can say "Abletts kicked 9"

No Ablett has ever kicked 9 at Subiaco in the history of the famous Abletts in the AFL. In fact, Gazza senior was downright hopeless in the West !! Bring 'em over, we might even get a job for dad up North if he wants it !

No Ablett has ever kicked 9 at Subiaco in the history of the famous Abletts in the AFL. In fact, Gazza senior was downright hopeless in the West !! Bring 'em over, we might even get a job for dad up North if he wants it !

Gazza snr played a blinder in '92. 36 touches, kicked 5. :thumbsu:

People say we are over our 'Interstate Hoo-Doo', but I do not think we are. 2 games in a row isnt much. I think to be over the interstate hoo-doo, a Victorian team needs to win around 50% of their interstate games over a 3 or 4 year period.

We should win, but with 35,000 screaming fans with hope for the new coach, I can see us losing.

The whole interstate hoo-doo talk is overdone. Your interstate record generally mirrors your performance as a team. If you are a good team, you win interstate. If you are a struggling side, you don't.

Well even when we were a good side in say 2004 we struggled to win interstate. It wasn't until last year actually when we weren't that good a team when we started winning - I'm not sure, but the last season and a half we have been pretty decent, to the point where I am not afraid of us suffering from an imminient loss :p If we can continue the form from Friday night against the Bulldogs we should win - but as pointed out, Dockers are an unpredicable side.

Well even when we were a good side in say 2004 we struggled to win interstate. It wasn't until last year actually when we weren't that good a team when we started winning - I'm not sure, but the last season and a half we have been pretty decent, to the point where I am not afraid of us suffering from an imminient loss :p If we can continue the form from Friday night against the Bulldogs we should win - but as pointed out, Dockers are an unpredicable side.

Our record in 2004 interstate wasn't good, losing every game, but we played pretty good football in nearly every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo's win over Adelaide signals that they will up for the challenge, but the way we are traveling, it'd be hard not to tip against us. Should be a tough game, though - I am sure the players are up for it and will not be going in with a soft attitude.

I expect a win this week but a loss will not surprise, after all, we're due ;)

Um, 5 is not 9 !!!
And that must have been his only good game in WA, state games included.

If your going to post on here, pal, get your facts straight first. In addition to the above-mentioned game he kicked 8 against WA in 84 from the flank (when Allan Jeans didn't want to play him because he disliked him after the Hawthorn experience). Also kicked 5.5 against Eagles in the last round of 93 after he almost knocked himself out smashing into the goalpost at the WACA. That's just from the top of my head.

And don't now tell us that your 14 and didn't know...

If your going to post on here, pal, get your facts straight first. In addition to the above-mentioned game he kicked 8 against WA in 84 from the flank (when Allan Jeans didn't want to play him because he disliked him after the Hawthorn experience). Also kicked 5.5 against Eagles in the last round of 93 after he almost knocked himself out smashing into the goalpost at the WACA. That's just from the top of my head.

And don't now tell us that your 14 and didn't know...

The 8 was at the MCG !!

Weakest. Backpedal. Ever.

Alright how's this :

"Geelong have won 11 games in a row but have a mixed record at Subiaco Oval. They demolished a lacklustre Fremantle at the ground last season by 68 points but that win was their first at Subiaco since 2001, with six losses in between."

Alright how's this :

"Geelong have won 11 games in a row but have a mixed record at Subiaco Oval. They demolished a lacklustre Fremantle at the ground last season by 68 points but that win was their first at Subiaco since 2001, with six losses in between."

How is it? I would say in relation to your comments about Ablett it is irrelevant. In relation to the game coming up this weekend I would say it is irrelevant. Are you suggesting that we'll win as we beat you last year in a season where we finished 10th and you finished 3rd and this season we're top and you're in 13th? Or are you suggesting that the 5 years preceeding that where we didn't win at Subi has more weight? I'd say neither matter. Irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger is Coming and its Purple

Remove this Banner Ad

Back