Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Of all the potential trades GC will do over Dimmas tenure, this will be the one he has the most personal connection with and I imagine if he has any influence on list management, he will make sure the deal gets done. I honestly think the best result is to pay overs (6 and 20) with us paying some salary. It's pretty high price to pay in draft captial but essentially trading for cap space could help GC finally take the next step. Get the best players they can into the club and get clubs like us to foot the bill.

If they were smart, they would offer 13 and walk if Richmond who need picks to rebuild reject it.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. 13 for Rioli and probably 26 for Noble.

Makes absolutely no sense for the Suns to give up pick 6 for Rioli. Firstly it’s overs. Secondly they can actually use it in the draft, as IMO it will almost certainly come in before the Lombard bid.

Last edited:
Sorry I don’t get this trade. We give up Rioli, 14, 21 and some later picks to Brisbane for 6, 13, 20?

Am I missing something here?
No we get pick 14 separately from Brisbane for some of our later picks.

We then trade Rioli and a future pick (perhaps Freo's future first picked up in the Bolton trade) to GC for 6, 13 and 20.

Then on draft night after the Lombard bid eats their later picks we trade them back 14 and 21 for their future first.

This allows GC to gain Rioli and Lombard + still pick players at picks 14 and 21.

No we get pick 14 separately from Brisbane for some of our later picks.

We then trade Rioli and a future pick (perhaps Freo's future first picked up in the Bolton trade) to GC for 6, 13 and 20.

Then on draft night after the Lombard bid eats their later picks we trade them back 14 and 21 for their future first.

This allows GC to gain Rioli and Lombard + still pick players at picks 14 and 21.
I swear richmond supporters get a rush of dopamime by writing 'we'll get whatever we want for rioli' over and over and over again. No rationality, no reason or proof why that's true, no journalists to quote. Just stroking themselves.

Not sure why you think uncontracted Rioli is worth a pick 10-15 range. He is an okay player but has he even been in the AA squad, much less the AA team?
AA sucks every year. stop rating players off it.

Rioli is one of the best running half-backs in the game & it's obvious to see uses the ball & has unmatched speed.

If it was any other club, I'd say they obviously arent doing 6. If it was any other club I'd say if they'd clearly need something in the teens coming back at least. If it was any other club I'd say the idea they are getting 6 AND another first is nothing but completely delusional.

But it's Gold Coast, I suppose I understand Tiger bro's wanting their slice of dem sweet pick freebies.

If they were smart, they would offer 13 and walk if Richmond who need picks to rebuild reject it.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app
And Richmond just say NO THANKS

Gold coast look like fools making a player request a trade and leave him high and dry
good luck getting players to join in the future

Deal is done and its #7

I swear richmond supporters get a rush of dopamime by writing 'we'll get whatever we want for rioli' over and over and over again. No rationality, no reason or proof why that's true, no journalists to quote. Just stroking themselves.
If you look at it from our point of view, we've got a guy who is signed long-term and is one of our best players. Why would we give him up for a pick in the teens?

There needs to be a strong incentive to let him go, especially when we're already losing so much experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rioli will get to the suns as they have invested too much to walk away. They will however pay through the nose for him.
Wow thanks for letting us know, pack it up boys, clearly it’s all over, deal has been done. Thanks for letting us all know

If it was any other club, I'd say they obviously arent doing 6. If it was any other club I'd say if they'd clearly need something in the teens coming back at least. If it was any other club I'd say the idea they are getting 6 AND another first is nothing but completely delusional.

But it's Gold Coast, I suppose I understand Tiger bro's wanting their slice of dem sweet pick freebies.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Gold Coast gave up Bowes & Pick 7 for a future 3rd round pick for getting him off their books.

Pick 6 at a minimum has to be it for Dan Rioli not often do B&F players want to get to the Suns they won't stuff this up... and we will likely be paying half of his salary at the least given we have to fill you have to fill your cap to 95%.

With losing Martin, Grimes, Bolton, Baker & Graham that's a lot of money walking out the door.

Because it’s GC I think it’ll be 6 for Rioli and some later picks for points. They’ll trade their next two picks for future first rounders and walk away with an extra two future firsts, Lombard, Noble and Rioli. Anything worse than that and I’d be spewing if I was a GC supporter.

If you look at it from our point of view, we've got a guy who is signed long-term and is one of our best players. Why would we give him up for a pick in the teens?

There needs to be a strong incentive to let him go, especially when we're already losing so much experience.
The strong incentive is finishing 18th? With no decent kids, and Tassie coming through, you were the ones who initiated the clear out to rebuild and identified the need to do so.. I get you want picks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 for Rioli shouting it from the rooftops and typing it into big footy over and over again isn't gonna do anything. We want Rioli, yes, but not at any cost

Yeah, mate, everyone and their dog saying Tigers fans expections across all the trades are crazy, but I'm the one suffering from the most bias...
You do realise most of us are really taking the piss with most of the posts we make
But pick #7 for dan will get done and im confident Shai will be #10 +#11 Baker would be #17 to freo if he decides to go there

Are these Bias ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back