Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not reneging at all. If the eagles ask for too much that’s just the way it goes.

If we put forward a more than reasonable offer that’s all we can do. If Eagles decide to hold him he can direct his anger at them.

“More than reasonable”

A late first rounder and change for a contracted key position player you offered 5 years on good money.

Who is that reasonable for? Lol

Eagles allowing a contracted player to explore the market means that WCE do not really want to keep him. Trading Barrass is their preference.
A 4 year contract is a not all that large by today's standards. Hawks F1 on the table currently. Barrass is valued around 16-20 by the Hawks. Trading will be based around that.
Its not that we want him to leave at all its he is getting a 5 year offer and we won't match it .

We would be happy to keep him .

Yeo said on the radio the other day all the boys want him to stay .

He is contracted but if we get an offer heavily in our favour we would let him leave .

This whole myth that we need young players isn't really true .

We have been bringing in young players for 4 seasons now . Half our list is under 23 .

Its the 24- 28 year bracket we are short on especially after we delist some mid age spuds this off season

Pick 12 should be all the hawks pay here.
Yes they’ve committed to Barrass but they’d be getting fleeced paying any more
Its pick 13 and will probably be pick 15 or 16
Its clearly not enough not even close .

West coast have already said they want 2 first rounders .

What goes back with barrass is another story

“More than reasonable”

A late first rounder and change for a contracted key position player you offered 5 years on good money.

I don't really think it's as simple as Hawks chasing a contracted player. Trying to be as level headed as possible, I think the situation is more both WC and Barrass had a discussion about it last year, WC said no, but we'll look at your contract or trading you again next year.

They had a discussion again this year and they asked if WC would fix his contract worth or trade him, WC said with where we are at, we are open to trading you. They reached out to Vic clubs and Hawks went all in.

I don't have any inside running on this stuff and that might all be rubbish but regardless, WC are motivated to sell like Hawks are motivated to buy, it's not like a Schultz where Freo absolutely wanted to keep him if we could.

Its pick 13 and will probably be pick 15 or 16
Its clearly not enough not even close .

West coast have already said they want 2 first rounders .

What goes back with barrass is another story
You guys are not getting 2 firsts here, I don't know why a lot of you, who are generally reasonable, think you are. Like, this is going to be amicable and not as hard as to do as you are all making out.

It would be really bad of Hawks to whisper and chase a contracted player, and then back out. I doubt the Hawks recruiting team would do that. They will pay what they need to.
https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/sam-...st-coast-star-tom-barrass-exposed--c-15528570

This article sheds some light on what is really poor here; with Barrass having a handshake agreement with the previous CEO Trevor Nisbett and list manager Rohan O'Brien that his contract would be renegotiated after turning down overtures from the swans and the bulldogs last off-season.

This informal agreement is now not being honoured by Don Pyke and Matthew Clarke who seem content to use Barrass as an asset to bring in trade picks.

It would be really bad of Hawks to whisper and chase a contracted player, and then back out. I doubt the Hawks recruiting team would do that. They will pay what they need to.
its equally as bad for the Eagles to openly allow those whispers to be said.
Every Eagle supporter in here goes on about how good he is and how valuable he is to the Eagles, so if thats the case wouldnt they have just shut it down from the start and said no, after all he is contracted for another 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not that we want him to leave at all its he is getting a 5 year offer and we won't match it .

We would be happy to keep him .

Yeo said on the radio the other day all the boys want him to stay .

He is contracted but if we get an offer heavily in our favour we would let him leave .

This whole myth that we need young players isn't really true .

We have been bringing in young players for 4 seasons now . Half our list is under 23 .

Its the 24- 28 year bracket we are short on especially after we delist some mid age spuds this off season
Its a four year offer with a trigger for a fifth! And you dont have to match anything as he is contracted for another 3 years!

“More than reasonable”

He’s going to be 29 before a ball is bounced next year. That’s more than a reasonable price for him.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/sam-...st-coast-star-tom-barrass-exposed--c-15528570

This article sheds some light on what is really poor here; with Barrass having a handshake agreement with the previous CEO Trevor Nisbett and list manager Rohan O'Brien that his contract would be renegotiated after turning down overtures from the swans and the bulldogs last off-season.

This informal agreement is now not being honoured by Don Pyke and Matthew Clarke who seem content to use Barrass as an asset to bring in trade picks.
Nisbett is a piece of garbage. Not a surprise here. Not sure id read anything more then that. Pyke/Clarke are doing the right thing moreso. I got no doubt Nisbett offered Barrass 1 mill a year or something stupid and Pyke/Clarke just making the common sense decision afterwards

Itll be pick 13 when it gets traded and you wont have access to any of the academies kids anyway so its irrelevant where it ends up.
Its loser talk like this that sees Sydney/GWS/Brisbane climbing up the ladder while the rest sit on our hands not giving a stuff. In 3 years when its Sydney vs GWS and Brisbane vs Gold Coast facing off in the prelims, alot of people are going to look silly

It would be really bad of the Eagles to chase out a contracted player, put him on ice for a buyer and then back out. I doubt the Eagles recruiting team would do that. They will take what they can.

Its loser talk like this that sees Sydney/GWS/Brisbane climbing up the ladder while the rest sit on our hands not giving a stuff. In 3 years when its Sydney vs GWS and Brisbane vs Gold Coast facing off in the prelims, alot of people are going to look silly
????? what do you mean loser talk? tell me what the hell can you do about it? whoever is in there academies they get 1st dibs on them so it makes sliding down the draft order irrelevant. If a team had a top 10 pick and there was say 2 academy kids rated in that top 10, there would be 10 names on that list not including the academy kids as they know they wouldnt get them, they may still bid but they wouldnt get them.

????? what do you mean loser talk? tell me what the hell can you do about it? whoever is in there academies they get 1st dibs on them so it makes sliding down the draft order irrelevant. If a team had a top 10 pick and there was say 2 academy kids rated in that top 10, there would be 10 names on that list not including the academy kids as they know they wouldnt get them, they may still bid but they wouldnt get them.
Its not irrelevant at all.... Pretending like it is to suit your argument is easily seen through is all

Its not irrelevant at all.... Pretending like it is to suit your argument is easily seen through is all

What are you even on about?
triple treat is 100% correct, pick 13 gives us access to the 13th best talent in the open pool.

It is irrelevant how many academy kids are taken before that 13th pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back