Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres tax for contracted players and then theres pick 6 for Rioli. Theyre not the same thing lol
In blair we trust

#19 For CCj plus upgrade of later pick and Tarrant thrown in by the Roo's is an example of his work
Matty Clarke is his boy and he would be telling him how #3 for Baker +10 is a great deal compared to our demand for pick #13 once the eagles get it from Hawks.

In blair we trust

#19 For CCj plus upgrade of later pick and Tarrant thrown in by the Roo's is an example of his work
Matty Clarke is his boy and he would be telling him how #3 for Baker +10 is a great deal compared to our demand for pick #13 once the eagles get it from Hawks.
It’s not too hard to cherry pick out great results, but they are not indicative of all trades, even Craig Cameron managed to turn pick 4 last year into Jed Walter, Ethan Reid, Jake Rodgers and Will Graham and pick 12 this year

And he’s a ****ing moron

It’s not too hard to cherry pick out great results, but they are not indicative of all trades, even Craig Cameron managed to turn pick 4 last year into Jed Walter, Ethan Reid, Jake Rodgers and Will Graham and pick 12 this year

And he’s a ****ing moron
Blair really has not over paid or sold cheap

The one that stands out in my mind is Higgins drafted with #17 and traded for #28 and an upgrade of our 1st rounder
He usually has a good gauge on a players worth and gets value or overs. taranto was a good trade but due to our ladder position the Hopper trade for our F1 was over pay but thats more on the team under performing than blair

Blair really has not over paid or sold cheap

The one that stands out in my mind is Higgins drafted with #17 and traded for #28 and an upgrade of our 1st rounder
He usually has a good gauge on a players worth and gets value or overs. taranto was a good trade but due to our ladder position the Hopper trade for our F1 was over pay but thats more on the team under performing than blair

Point I’m trying to make is that if you play hardball then clubs come back and do the same, it’s a short term sugar hit

Look at Essendons reputation, they tried to **** everyone at the trade table and have been ubershite for 30 years

Last edited:
This is closer to what I expect will happen, with the 12 and 20 on the table for the Rioli deal in some form.
I can see a world where West Coast offer our F1 for 6 tbh, we tried the same thing last year for Curtin.

If you can add Rioli with salary paid for 12+20(maybe some late picks for points coming back) and then Noble for 32 or something thats a good haul.
This makes a lot more sense for the Suns if they're not intending to use pick 6

You were terrible from 1981 to 2017.

We're all assuming it's back to another 35 year rebuild for the Tiges.
I think it's easier to rebuild than back than, with trade/free agency taking off, but it might be a few tough times, Crows are an example of how hard rebuilds can be.

If that is what Richmond ask for I think it’s only prudent that the Suns walk away, 6 is already way over what he is worth, you only have to look at the non Tigers fans evaluations are in this thread.

What will be will be but that type of deal is usually reserved for gun mids or key forwards entering their prime and Daniel isn’t either of those things.

Is your future first off the table completely?

We have said that we want to also get into next years draft so Baker, Bolton or Rioli deal will likely include a future pick.

I don't think we will get 6&12 but 6&20 for Rioli, 500k wage paid and some later picks for points could be a fair deal.

Would allow GCS to package up 12 and 26 to potentially move ahead of a Lombard deal (eg to Saints for one of their picks or Essendon)

Is your future first off the table completely?

We have said that we want to also get into next years draft so Baker, Bolton or Rioli deal will likely include a future pick.

I don't think we will get 6&12 but 6&20 for Rioli, 500k wage paid and some later picks for points could be a fair deal.

Would allow GCS to package up 12 and 26 to potentially move ahead of a Lombard deal (eg to Saints for one of their picks or Essendon)
I don’t know if our future first would be on the table but I doubt it with Zeke likely to be top 3 next year, we will likely need it to match bids

FYI, Zeke is a HBF, run and carry type player, I still don’t understand why we would pay a ransom for Rioli when we have a player a decade younger and shown much more ability

Lucky for you the Tigers are dealing with the Suns trades team who are morons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know if our future first would be on the table but I doubt it with Zeke likely to be top 3 next year, we will likely need it to match bids

FYI, Zeke is a HBF, run and carry type player, I still don’t understand why we would pay a ransom for Rioli when we have a player a decade younger and shown much more ability

Lucky for you the Tigers are dealing with the Suns trades team who are morons

Yeh fair enough, didn't think it would be.

See the sense in the Rioli trade, you'll get 3-4 good years out of him and he can play forward as well if Zeke develops quickly

Yeh fair enough, didn't think it would be.

See the sense in the Rioli trade, you'll get 3-4 good years out of him and he can play forward as well if Zeke develops quickly
I see the sense in it just not at the price that’s been floated.

Common, surely not. You can't seriously believe that 16 year old kid showed much more ability.

Don't get me wrong, I watched Zeke and I like what I see but it's just potential right now as all draftees are. It's probably 3-4 years from now if all goes well for Zeke become an important cog in the team.

As for speed Zeke is no match to Rioli.

Common, surely not. You can't seriously believe that 16 year old kid showed much more ability.

Don't get me wrong, I watched Zeke and I like what I see but it's just potential right now as all draftees are. It's probably 3-4 years from now if all goes well for Zeke become an important cog in the team.

As for speed Zeke is no match to Rioli.
Agree about the speed but for how long?

Agree about the speed but for how long?
My guess, we should get 3-4 years from Rioli. I am reasonably confident Rioli and Noble will make us better in 2025.

It will be interesting to see where Powell and Weller play especially when Campbell flagged that Andrew goes back to defence. A bit crowded there.

My guess, we should get 3-4 years from Rioli. I am reasonably confident Rioli and Noble will make us better in 2025.

It will be interesting to see where Powell and Weller play especially when Campbell flagged that Andrew goes back to defence. A bit crowded there.
I agree that both those players will make us better next year, no doubt about it and I’m happy to get both. Again though we always overpay, the more we do it the more teams expect it at some point we need to say sorry no.

As an example, Geelong will get Smith from the Western Bulldogs for less than we will pay for Rioli which is just crazy

I agree that both those players will make us better next year, no doubt about it and I’m happy to get both. Again though we always overpay, the more we do it the more teams expect it at some point we need to say sorry no.

As an example, Geelong will get Smith from the Western Bulldogs for less than we will pay for Rioli which is just crazy
They are both under contract which is big difference compared to Smith. You can't really compare them.

IMO, deals are done in principle. They would not request trades unless they know trades will get done.

Last edited:
They are both under contract which is big difference compared to Smith. You can't really compare them.

Deals are done in principle most probably.
I think we can, because we are choosing to go after contracted players. We also sell our contracted players for peanuts

Not really (if we want players to keep).
Saad and Hollands, peanuts

We may not of wanted to keep them (Saad I think we did) but they were worth much more than what we got for them

Scrimshaw as well, 2MP was contracted to from memory

Hollands - Dimma could keep him but decided not to. Reasons? Probably his lazy sh**t attitude, not delivered on his talent, drug issue, cap issue down the track as we can't keep all those high picks.

Saad - 2nd round pick was not peanuts. Yes, it could be better but if you read reasons, Suns prioritised his family and cultural issues - going back home to his community.

We may not of wanted to keep them (Saad I think we did) but they were worth much more than what we got for them

Scrimshaw as well, 2MP was contracted to from memory
2MP the suns were trying to off load to get his salary of your cap

Saad from what i remember was not really comfortable on the gold coast and wanted to come home and was no where near the player he is today.

Hollands i always liked and couldnt understand why he was not played and how cheap he was off loaded
clearly something strange there

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back