Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

As they said in The Age, Carlton trading for a pick today shows their confidence

GCS the perfect opposite, just completely lacking the courage of their convictions + bereft of confidence.

You get the stars aligning to allow you to tap-up a contracted B&F from another club, then you get anxious about paying top dollar to break a contract.

Pick 6 & 13 would already be paid back in extra membership & eyeballs for next year, if they had pulled the trigger Monday morning.

Sad that they can't see the bigger picture.
All due respect to Daniel Rioli, suggesting he will be some sort of serious needle-mover as far as memberships go is one of the most wildly delusional things I've read in here.

I wonder if this Hawks trading the #14 will impact the trade for GC pick #13

If Eagles give the carlton F1 for Baker to Richmond and that gets passed onto GC along with Rioli that unlocks the Rioli deal
Rioli + Blues F1 for #6 + #13

I wonder if this Hawks trading the #14 will impact the trade for GC pick #13

If Eagles give the carlton F1 for Baker to Richmond and that gets passed onto GC along with Rioli that unlocks the Rioli deal
Rioli + Blues F1 for #6 + #13
Richmond will need to get moving if they want to do that deal.

Suns have plenty of options for 13. Melbourne's F1 looks a better option at this stage.

Suns have plenty of options for 13. Melbourne's F1 looks a better option at this stage.
It's really just not worth the Suns taking an inferior deal for pick 13 anyway.

We all know Richmond will eventually accept pick 6.

Pretty sure Cameron & Blair will sort it out
But if its true about Sydney offering 19 & 22 for #13 the suns should grab that

There will be demand for these pick with Future picks on draft night before the lombard bid comes and can trade even when the bid comes.

This is probably the most interesting trade so far

There will be demand for these pick with Future picks on draft night before the lombard bid comes and can trade even when the bid comes.

Apparently it's Melbourne's F1 and 28. Suns would then have 23/28/28 to maximise on draft night.

All due respect to Daniel Rioli, suggesting he will be some sort of serious needle-mover as far as memberships go is one of the most wildly delusional things I've read in here.
Yeah you right, triple premiership, win-prelim-off-own-boot players, so boring, who would want one, lol.

Look it's not us tapping-up our own B&F, GCS are doing it because he moves their (or Dimma's) needle ;-)

Yeah you right, triple premiership, win-prelim-off-own-boot players, so boring, who would want one, lol.
Yeah, Liam Shiels had people rushing through the gates at North 😂

If Premiership players are so imherently marketable, maybe Richmond should bring back Jason Castagna. Any poor on-field performances will surely be offset by the 10k new members his 3 Premiership medals bring in.

Look it's not us tapping-up our own B&F, GCS are doing it because he moves their (or Dimma's) needle ;-)
With respect, they brought Ablett JR into the club and it didn’t move the dial on membership there.

I doubt even a flag would cause more than a temporary wrinkle of interest there on the coast for the locals.

It will take them several more decades of hard work to wipe the plastic franchise tag from the way they are perceived. Tassie will have more rusted on members in its first year than GC will in 4 years time.

I suspect, final and probably best offers for pick 13 coming this weekend. Decision on Mon.

Rioli decision time Wed according to Cameron.

Thanks God this week is over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Premiership players are so imherently marketable, maybe Richmond should bring back Jason Castagna. Any poor on-field performances will surely be offset by the 10k new members his 3 Premiership medals bring in.
shhhh...the mere mention of George's name sends Geelong people into PTSD.

he really hurt them in finals

I suspect, final and probably best offers for pick 13 coming this weekend. Decision on Mon.

Rioli decision time Wed according to Cameron. I

Thanks God this week is over.
Rioli will get done dont stress

Its most likely #6 plus something like #23 or #29 with #51 going back
this wont fall over

But yes Wednesday is the last day of trade and everybody can then be friends again ;)

A big club, or a club that wants to be big, would have made the too good to refuse offer on Monday.

Rioli royalty, maybe the most successful family name in footy, worth +10k bums on seats up in those parts and 5k members I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back