Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a lot of people are misinterpreting the hold up in this deal as being due to an impasse between the two clubs.

The way Craig Cameron spoke on Friday leads me to think that it's more likely because Richmond have asked for 6 and something else and GC doesn't know what else they will have available until some other deals get done.
Obviously, Tigers could take pick 6 right now and say thank you. Instead, Tigers want more. According to Cameron it's Wed time.

Agreed way too much. Not just that the Suns are apparently looking around for something else to add to pick 6. Mind blowing.

They Tigers want 6 & 23

All academies should be AFL run, with no priority access at all, or maybe 1 kid per year outside the top 20 at the most
These academies are also money making machines for the expansion clubs. Hundreds of kids in the GWS academy paying good money for the privilege that will never come close to getting drafted.

These academies are also money making machines for the expansion clubs. Hundreds of kids in the GWS academy paying good money for the privilege that will never come close to getting drafted.
True, if the academies were AFL run, but the AFL sent the proceeds to the clubs I think it could work maybe?

Just needs to be a better way to do it

Offering ridiculous overs for players upsets the balance of the competition, its basically getting Richmond free agent type compensation for a non free agent,
You said long term contracted player wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt. Cameron said Wed.

Unless you are caving in on Mon.
Seems like the coasters have fumbled the bag on the gift Melbourne was handing them.

They should probably be taking the initiative on these trades to get the best overall outcome for them.

Holding out hasn’t fared well for them so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back