Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the pick #23 is pretty important in this trade period for Richmond
I can see Richmond wanting to move into pick #2 and this pick could be used along with pick #6 to move up
North will be looking to get an extra pick for Daniel

Change 11 to 18 and you'd have something more realistic. 11 is off the table.
If it was going to be 18 it would have been done already
Im extremely confident Richmond will be holding picks #10 + #11 once this trade is done

Richmond wont fold on Bolton with 4 years contract on his head
Blair is a very tough player in this area

he pays whats asked and gets what he asks
North CCj & Rioli , Baker , Higgins trades should be an indication

He is worth a top 10 pick. He is a very good player and is right at the top of his talent. Not many half backs I would have over him, if any.
Zorko, Blakey, Houston, Sinclair, Whitfield, Dale, Clark & Sheezel.

Last edited:
Change 11 to 18 and you'd have something more realistic. 11 is off the table.

If it's 10 and 18, the later picks will be in Richmond's favor as the final price will likely be somewhere between the 2 positions.

Of course, the question then becomes how could Freo sweeten 10/18 enough to satisfy Richmond....I'm not sure Richmond would want 30 all that much (it'd likely be about their 8th pick after all...would they even go that deep?), and Freo wouldn't be especially keen on trading away future picks if they hope to get Warner next year.

That's why I think 10/11 with picks coming back would be the more likely result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's just a hilariously bad and biased take.
I could say the same your way. Dan Houston is one I might take above him, very much on his kicking, but Rioli's speed and precise kicking himself make such an attacking player from the back half. Zorko was very good this year as well. There are an awful lot of half backs who take an awful lot of uncontested mark and kick it around the back half switching play etc. They get their stats up and their named called a lot but they get a lot of cheap ball as well. Rioli played in the spoon side, that doesn't help him as well.

This is now dragging out a bit, unless the deal is basically already agreed in principle and there's just other things getting in the way like Richmond focussing on the Bolton trade with Freo.
Sounds like it's done, but Richmond are trying to get a pick in the 30's off Freo to give to GC for Lombard points.

So the Bolton trade is holding it up.

Sounds like it's done, but Richmond are trying to get a pick in the 30's off Freo to give to GC for Lombard points.

So the Bolton trade is holding it up.

Maybe the Suns will keep 23 and offer 6 & F1st + a pick back & Rioli

There are 4 possible first round academy kids next year including Zeke Uwland who could be top 3. The Suns need every point they can get.
And with it being a different system, there’s no more trading a top pick for 4 picks in the 40’s and 50’s.

We’re gonna need constant high end draft picks to match each year

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back