Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Except all those at 30+ are clearly starting to hit brick walls

Anyway what about your 2024 team ... weren't they supposed to be as good or better than your 2023 team?
Although I don't blame a non-Pies supporter for thinking that, it's not really true.

Our oldies have held up their end of the bargain this year. Only Sidebottom has had a substantial decline compared to 2023. Howe was better this year; Pendlebury, Elliott and Crisp more or less the same, Cox a minor decline. Hoskin-Elliott was better this year, and Mihocek similar albeit he missed a lot of footy. McStay only played 5 games following an ACL. Tom Mitchell is part of the older brigade but couldn't return after just 6 games early in the year. I think Mitchell and Sidebottom might be edged out by our improved depth. The rest we have reasonable confidence can deliver a good enough year of footy again.

The decline was in prime players that the club should reasonably expect to get back to better football next year. Moore, De Goey, Quaynor in particular were shadows of who they were last year.

The club should expect top four with this list.

Pendles / Sidebottom / Howe / Cox / Elliott / Mihocek / Hoskin-E / Mitchell / Crisp ..... all 31 yo or older ...... McStay & Cameron turn 30 during next season .... and their youth coming through looks average

Deluded if they think Houston (28 next year) is going to magically thrust them back into Premiership contention

Also their first pick this year is 36 and they have traded away their F1 for next year
Coll will have the same number of 29+ players in 2025 as Carlton.

Houston top 15 player in the comp according to AFL player ratings. Dual AA at his peak etc...

Carlton paid even more for a bag of magic beans.

Just hope you don't pick up Paddy Dow MkII. A 100 gamer would be an excellent outcome...
Obviously flags aren’t a priority for Carlton

Absolutely... Gold Coast did a salary dump of 2 players they didn't want & got in a player they did want... & 2x future 1sts.

Port took on the salary dump players (1 they wanted in Lukosius), lost a gun in Houston & still gave up their future 1st.

Imo, if Port gave up their future 2nd instead of theit future 1st, the trade would have been closer in value.
tenor.gif

no they didnt, they got their objectives, dumping a couple of contracts got noble and move picks for next year NGA picks.

poorly run clubs would worry about what other clubs do that affect their own decison making.
I don't get why it wasn't Collingwood who were forced to take Atkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bahahahahaha.. that is a terrible deal for port!..

Where are all the port supporters claiming Dan was a two firsts minimum type of player?..

Some where even claim two early firsts

They have made their side way worse.. and their draft hand..

Imagine they have a bad year next year and finish bottom eight..

They looked terrible in the finals without Houston.

Which part of my post is false.
So neither have been AFL players? You insinuate that they are both worthless, just because they come from meagre origins recruitment wise. It's not relevant.

You also leave out the other picks you gave up, a first rounder and a second rounder. A lie of omission is still a lie.

So yeh your ****ing spinning like a dreidel.
:sick:

Played 22 games this year for one 3 vote and a 1 vote ... polled in 2 games for the Brownlow .... top 15 my arse 🤪
Thats such a representation of a players worth.

John Noble polled in 2 games for the Brownlow this year. Should have asked for 2 first rounders for him….

I knew that Port would fold eventually, I just thought it’d be to Carlton. Ah well.
Brother I think most clubs have worked out that it's better trade than punish players. We just had a few more extras to throw in, and these days players are fashionable, picks less so.

You're bringing in 2 promising f/s it's not like you mucked up. The top 3 is juicy too. We haven't had one of those in ages...

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back