Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Collingwood makes Darren Jolly offer

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has considered the Caff as an in and under mid. He has the buld for it.

Does anyone know what the Caff is like getting ground balls? I know he played fairly well in the Adelaide final but dont remember much about his game.

I'm pretty sceptical about Macaffer's midfield potential. In the first half of the VFL season, he spent a lot of time playing as a high HF, ie sorta a defacto mid, and for mine, wasn't that impressive. Whenever I've seen him play great footy, it's been at either end of the ground: as a medium forward or an attacking HB.

It's simple really. If Sydney don't want to deal with us, we just out bid them for Seaby who they're so keen on.

I'm sure we would with pick 30. Thats a risk they run, maybe more incentive to deal with us.

Lol you'd give up a 2nd rounder for Seaby? I hope so.

Done. If Jolly is dealt to Hawthorn over us, I'm happy to take Seaby with 30 to spite Sydney. Seaby will actually improve out of sight with added game time and responsibility. He's moving into that age group where ruckman really start to find their feet. We might even get a little more out of the trade.

Roosy is fast becoming the new Choco during trade week.

Sure, I understand he wants to get the best deal for his club but he does have a short memory.

We made it very easy for them to acquire Nick Davis and Rhyce Shaw.

There is absolutely no way Jolly is worth more than pick 14.

He is turning 28 and is heading to the back end of this career.

I cannot see how the Hawks can do trades for all of Burgoyne, Jolly and Gibson.

I just hate sydney
I hate all there players,there style,there coach and all there old supporters.

I believe the Jolly deal has been done in principle already. He is a good fit for us with Wood, not sure where that leaves Fraser though.

Seaby also will develop into a fine ruckman but along the Wood type and we need a 'basher' and a 'touch man' IMO.

I believe the Jolly deal has been done in principle already. He is a good fit for us with Wood, not sure where that leaves Fraser though.

Seaby also will develop into a fine ruckman but along the Wood type and we need a 'basher' and a 'touch man' IMO.

I'm glad someone else can see that Seaby will develop into a good ruckman with added responsibility.

People talk about him as though he is the worst player on an AFL list.

I'm with you on Seaby didaka. pick 30 in this draft = pick 45 in a standard draft given there's only 8 months of kids in this one, and if we were to give up pick 45 for Seaby last year everyone would have been giddy.

...cue calls of "but Beams was pick 29!!111"

It's just posturing. The "was well below their expectations" line was thrown in by the journo, not Roosy. I'm sure he knows that Jolly is a far better player now... and also far older.

Looks like could be expensive to land a slow lumbering ruckman with 2 years left

Matthew Kreuzer is the quickest ruckman I've seen:rolleyes:.

Hip operations at 19/20. Good signs for a 10 year ruckman.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't know how quick Warnock is, he hasn't played an AFL game yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been the slowest news day, just get trade week started!!!

THE BEST POST OF THE DAY, BECAUSE IT'S TRUE AND TO THE POINT.:thumbsu:

The first trade won't happen until Friday anyway!:thumbsdown:

News is we will make a huge play for Jolly tomorrow morning, fully knowing that Hawthorn (our biggest challenger for him) will be too busy talking about Burgoyne and Gibson.

Trade week usually starts off with each club meeting each other club for a few minutes at a time, then rotating around.

After that, or even during that, expect the pies to put all their cards on the table regarding Jolly.

But yeah, most years, Monday to Thursday are just teasers.

hence why we offer them something with the pick #14

it doesn't surprise me that the pick isn't enough. i never thought it would be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back