Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David Swallow to North - Official Thread 2013

If he says he wants to come to us, our first rounder, our second rounder and a young player of the quality of Greenwood/Bastinac/Harper will get it done.

Lets Give them Mckinley Urquart and half our debt:p

I think you might be over rating him a tad if your prepared to give all that up.

Not really. And it is what they'll ask for.

In reality, if we make the 8 and given the amount of compo picks that are being activated, our first rounder is like be at about the 14 - 16 range. Our second rounder about 32.

Pick 15, pick 30 and Levi Greenwood for a kid who was rated one of the best number 1 pick prospects ever only two years ago.

That's a steal. That's making Gold Coast do the dishes after we've ****ed them.

Greenwood, yeah I could handle something like that.

Not Basti or Harper though. They will both be class players.

They'd want at least one top 10 pick included in the deal I reckon so it would require a third club get involved. It'd be great to get him but I question whether the cost we would have to pay would be too great. Group cohesion is a major concern here.

Not really. And it is what they'll ask for.

In reality, if we make the 8 and given the amount of compo picks that are being activated, our first rounder is like be at about the 14 - 16 range. Our second rounder about 32.

Pick 15, pick 30 and Levi Greenwood for a kid who was rated one of the best number 1 pick prospects ever only two years ago.

That's a steal. That's making Gold Coast do the dishes after we've ****ed them.
I wouldn't call it a steal, the draft this year is amazing and the top 40 players will all be of high calibre. The trade you suggested is about even though especially if david nominates us as his club of choice.

Tell em we'll throw in a 3rd rounder if they add Caddy to the mix.

Sure.....Andrew wants to play with his little brother but it just ain't going to happen. The deal will just cost too much.

Just like the Jackson five would all like to be able to play with their little brother but it just ain't going to happen.... (No pun intended of course) :)

Sure.....Andrew wants to play with his little brother but it just ain't going to happen. The deal will just cost too much.

Just like the Jackson five would all like to be able to play with their little brother but it just ain't going to happen.... (No pun intended of course) :)

Still very confident that he is coming - nothing will sway me from that. If he wants to come and gold coast dont accept our offer well we all know where he will end up - the pre-season draft where he nominates and signs with us only. Pretty simple really.

Lets get some perspective here folks; you need to give up class to get class in return.

Gold Coast aren't going to take three journeyman for one star. We wouldn't in their position either.

If we're ever in a realistic position to get David Swallow, it'll be for a first round pick + a quality, young, proven player.

The 'this year' bit strikes me as odd, given that it gives GC bargaining power. They'd just say 'nah, he's contracted...' Unless they take the same view we did with Pickett and realise he's heading this way anyway, and try and cash in on the 2012 draft.

When will Mabon be ready to assume a role as our second ruckman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to know how many of you that bemoan our skill level are advocating to trade overs for Swallow. He is a poor kick, not average, poor.

Won't happen anyway so there is no use arguing.

What Gold Coast want and what they get are two different things.

If he decides he wants out, and it is a big if, then I'm sure GC will want our top two draft picks plus Harper and Atley (for example). Not going to happen.

We need to be respectful with our negotiations, however GC also need to face the prospect of losing him for nothing.

There may also be more clarity as to what GC's needs are position wise post 2012. We may have surplus in a position that they need bolstering. One of our players might fancy a move as well.

All this is pure speculation of course. The lad may be loving life up North and have no plans to leave.

I'd love to know how many of you that bemoan our skill level are advocating to trade overs for Swallow. He is a poor kick, not average, poor.

To be fair, so was our captain from memory when he was drafted, look at him now.

But as previously discussed, won't get him cheap, shame we won't be able to break the curse of re-united brothers at North.

Still very confident that he is coming - nothing will sway me from that. If he wants to come and gold coast dont accept our offer well we all know where he will end up - the pre-season draft where he nominates and signs with us only. Pretty simple really.

Yep.

All the rest of the horse trading is pointless.

If he decides he wants out, and it is a big if, then I'm sure GC will want our top two draft picks plus Harper and Atley (for example). Not going to happen.

Passmore.............buddy..........mate...........we're not trading for ****ing Hayden Bunton senior here.

Some of the trades getting thrown around in this thread are patently absurd.

Passmore.............buddy..........mate...........we're not trading for ****ing Hayden Bunton senior here.

Some of the trades getting thrown around in this thread are patently absurd.

I realise that. You miss my point. I will explain.

My point is, alot of people are getting caught up in what GC will want. It's irrelevant what they want. End the end, if Swallow does decide to leave they will take unders. They will have to. Or they will get nothing and he'll end up at Port Adelaide.

They will start negotiations with something ludicrous as have mentioned above. Over the course trade week, something that statifies all parties, to a degree, will eventuate.

Okay, I did miss your point. Apologies.

If David is adamant about getting to North then it is highly likely that he will end up there.

Yep.

All the rest of the horse trading is pointless.

sorry to butt in, but how does that work, exactly? Swallow is such a talent that any team would pay whatever they needed to get him. "Nominating" you means 3/10s of ****-all.

Put it another way: do you think Caddy will be wearing red and black next year?

David Swallow seems to bring out some of the wimpiest virtual negotiators on bigfooty.

There are plenty of examples of players walking and their clubs having to deal or accept nothing.

Darren Jolly was a walkup 1st ruckman with a few years left on the clock for the pies and they only gave up a pick in the teens to net him.

Anthony Rocca was about to walk out on the Swans for nought and the AFL allowed a trade AFTER the deadline for a couple of picks and fringe pies to get the deal done.

If David nominates us, tells GC "never playing for you again" and makes out he's ready to hit the draft watch a reasonable deal magically happen at 1:59PM on the last day of trading.

David Swallow seems to bring out some of the wimpiest virtual negotiators on bigfooty.

There are plenty of examples of players walking and their clubs having to deal or accept nothing.

Darren Jolly was a walkup 1st ruckman with a few years left on the clock for the pies and they only gave up a pick in the teens to net him.

Anthony Rocca was about to walk out on the Swans for nought and the AFL allowed a trade AFTER the deadline for a couple of picks and fringe pies to get the deal done.

If David nominates us, tells GC "never playing for you again" and makes out he's ready to hit the draft watch a reasonable deal magically happen at 1:59PM on the last day of trading.

fistly, that's a massive "if", and not in the hands of the wimpy negotiators you've referred to. There's been not a single shred of evidence he'd do that that I can see, other than a couple of joking references about the brothers playing together that weren't even made by David. I can't see it happening in a million years.

Secondly, as Essendon supporters heard ad nauseum, GC need to make a statement about the availability of their stars. If they trade away kids to their nominated clubs whenever it happens, it sets them up for a mass exodus. They are far better served by sticking to their guns and letting Swallow walk, even if it means missing out on pick 15, pick 31 and Bastinac/Harper or whoever else you offered up.

sorry to butt in, but how does that work, exactly? Swallow is such a talent that any team would pay whatever they needed to get him. "Nominating" you means 3/10s of ****-all.

Only a club staffed by morons would choose nothing over a 1st/2nd round draft pick and a decent player.

Especially a club on the build.

Put it another way: do you think Caddy will be wearing red and black next year?

I haven't given it any real thought.

Yep, this is how it almost always happens. The big question mark is over David making that commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back