Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David Swallow to North - Official Thread 2013

So, GWS get pick 4 and Pratt

GC get Jeager O'Meara, Gav Urquhart and Ben Warren

North get Shane Harvey or Jade Rawlings?

Oh did harvs or Shnoz win B&F or did I miss that we had JYD back at our trade table:D

Oh did harvs or Shnoz win B&F or did I miss that we had JYD back at our trade table:D
You did say one of our B&F winners but did not specify the year. Does D. Wells have a brother?

You did say one of our B&F winners but did not specify the year. Does D. Wells have a brother?

Not that I have been able to find so wouldn't think GC have him on thier list nor would he be worth R1 if he is unknown:)

I would suggest he was talking about the dribble

So, GWS get pick 4 and Pratt

GC get pick 18, Jeager O'Meara, Gav Urquhart and Ben Warren

North get Shane Harvey or Jade Rawlings?

Wouldn't GC also get North's pick 18 according to the poster?

Wouldn't GC also get North's pick 18 according to the poster?
I'm pretty sure that's what my post says.

I think. Now you've confused me. I need to take a walk.

I'm pretty sure that's what my post says.

I think. Now you've confused me. I need to take a walk.

I added and highlighted pick 18 in your post as your original post didn't have it.

I added and highlighted pick 18 in your post as your original post didn't have it.
That's right, good pick up.

Hey, I've got a contract to review. You got anything on for the next few hours? My heads obviously not in the right place.;)

That's right, good pick up.

Hey, I've got a contract to review. You got anything on for the next few hours? My heads obviously not in the right place.;)

I am writing worldwide offshore drilling management documents for a Norwegian client so no sorry! :(

So maybe, daring to dream, it could be on the cards....

"Whether he wants to stay at the Gold Coast, whether he wants to go back to Perth, whether he wants to stay with his brother or play with another Melbourne club; there are lots of options.

It has been speculated that Swallow and his older brother, North Melbourne midfielder Andrew, will eventually seek to be reunited.

Andrew, whose contract also expires at the end of 2013, even joked about the prospect when announced as the Kangaroos' new skipper three weeks ago.

Young said there was nothing sinister in the fact that the brothers' contracts are aligned. "They certainly talk about it (playing together), and they're very, very close," he said.

"But it actually is coincidental that they both come out of contract at the same time.

"I can honestly say that at the time [of the contracts being done] I didn't even twig to what was going on.

Source: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/129538/default.aspx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: his coming

Interesting though obviously speculative only. If this was to occur wonder whether best to try while he's in or out of contract.

The question noone wants to ask.. is he that good? As in 'mortgage all our picks' good?

Interesting though obviously speculative only. If this was to occur wonder whether best to try while he's in or out of contract.

The question noone wants to ask.. is he that good? As in 'mortgage all our picks' good?
Don't care. The Suns obviously value him enormously and he is widely rated through the roof. He may never live up to the stupidly high expectations placed on him, but I just want to see these franchises get what's coming to them. That's what is important here.

Oops, I mean Urquhart and 3rd rounder.

lol what would we have to offer them to even consider getting this done? Assuming we have a good couple of years we're not gonna have any decent picks and I dont think they'd take a 1st & 2nd round for him.

Someone tell Andrew he's dreamin' :p

Roos after Suns' young gun Swallow
Nick Smart **|**03:15am March 24, 2012

NORTH Melbourne are set to launch a poaching raid on the Gold Coast Suns with future superstar David Swallow their No.1 target.

Swallow, 19, is contracted to the end of next year but the Suns will try to lock him into a long-term deal by the season's end.

The teenager recently told the Bulletin he was happy on the Coast and open to the idea of penning a long extension with the Suns.

However, he also admitted there was a "temptation" to join his brother Andrew at the Kangaroos, the team he supported growing up. Andrew Swallow, who has just been appointed captain of North Melbourne, said he planned to get in David's ear about making the move.
"I'd love him to come -- the aim would be to get him down," Andrew said. "We'll just have to see and you never know what will happen.

"He seems pretty settled up there at the moment.

"I'm not going anywhere so it is up to him now and I'll have to start putting a bit more pressure on him."

David Swallow will have plenty of suitors at the end of next year if he holds out on signing until then.

Teammate Campbell Brown has publicly declared he will win a Brownlow Medal. He is not the only one to have made that prediction.

The Suns were rapt with Swallow's first AFL season after taking him as the No.1 draft pick in the 2010 national draft.

The midfielder reaffirmed the view he will be at least a very good player and brother Andrew shares the sentiment.

"Playing in the Gold Coast midfield as an 18-year-old in his first year, I thought he did really well," Andrew said.

"With that sort of development and the way he is going, I think he will be a really good player.

"It is always hard to tell how good he is going to be but all the signs are that he is going to have a really successful career."

The Suns youngster has done a fine job of handling the weight of expectation that has come his way.

Andrew, 24, keeps in close contact with him as he continues to develop in what is a tough environment.

"He has a really good head on his shoulders and we just chat to see how he is going," Andrew said.

"I offer him a bit of advice every now and then but I don't know if he takes any of it on.

"I talk to him about where I think he can improve.

"He got off to a pretty slow start with his pre-season but his last couple of games have been really good.

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...coast-afl.html

As good as in the bag. What number do we give him?

Our best opportunity would be to nab him at the end of this year - hope David has a bit of second year blues and pick him up for below market price.

I can't see us passing on Macdonald the following year and that would leave us another three years away from picking him up. By that time he would have well and truly settled in and would probably be eyeing off the captaincy.

This year is the time to get it done. GC showed with Caddy they will take a hard line with trading to avoid an onslaught of departures. Not certain if this could ever get done.

Our best opportunity would be to nab him at the end of this year - hope David has a bit of second year blues and pick him up for below market price.

I can't see us passing on Macdonald the following year and that would leave us another three years away from picking him up. By that time he would have well and truly settled in and would probably be eyeing off the captaincy.

This year is the time to get it done. GC showed with Caddy they will take a hard line with trading to avoid an onslaught of departures. Not certain if this could ever get done.
Yep that will be the plan. Its a good draft this year too so picks will be worth more this year. I'd give our 1st and 2nd round picks in this superdraft plus a player like mcmahon or pedersen.

Ya know I'm normally not big on us recruiting players from other clubs as we in the past have paid overs.But getting David would send a massive **** you to the AFL and many a koko in the media. I honestly don't think we could pay to much- get it done.

We would need to give them a top 5 pick and an early 2nd rounder to get him this year, regardless of his form. He'll have to threaten to put himself in the PS Draft at the end of 2013 if he isn't traded to North, that's the only way we'll get him.

It won't happen, I reckon the AFL would instruct GC to let him go in the PS draft if it ever came to that.

What if we traded Hamish to GWS for a top 10 pick and the first pick in the PS draft IN 2013? Then we have the bargaining power to get the deal done as well as a fall back if Swallow goes into the PSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back