Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could this be the reason for Brad's 'phonecall' at the Inner Scrotum dinner?
He did have a smile on his face that would put the Joker to shame when he said " hopefully I can divulge the contents of the conversation in a couple of months from now "

You got something Joey?
I just remember speaking to a few ppl within the 4 walls at the time he re-signed for an extra year and I'm confident based on those conversations that he does want to come to North. The timing just needs to suit and i think next yr it will happen.
Gold Coast know that we are after him - hence why they made it difficult to deal with with caddy

I just remember speaking to a few ppl within the 4 walls at the time he re-signed for an extra year and I'm confident based on those conversations that he does want to come to North. The timing just needs to suit and i think next yr it will happen.
Gold Coast know that we are after him - hence why they made it difficult to deal with with caddy

caddy didnt care where he ended up either north or cats. Cats had a better pick and deal was done. Don't think it had anything to do with gc making it difficult.

Really? You think he could be better than Ziebell or Cunnington? I don't even think he will be as good as Andrew Swallow, not that that is any mean feat.

I don't see why not. He was better than both as a junior so he could potentially be better. Just remember only a year ago people were on Cunnington's back. Look how that turned out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so how come we got hine and not caddy? is it bc hine nominated us and caddy didnt?

I think this may be the case. Didn't the AFL make some rule after the dirty Rawlings trade between the Hawks and Dogs that clubs have to try and facilitate a requested trade by a player?

What are people seeing in David that myself (and presumably Handsome BW) aren't?

He looks ok but nothing like what people are projecting for him.
He's been carrying an injury pretty much all year, hence why he's down back a lot. This kid is going to be an outright superstar, no doubt.

GC might decide a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If they are fairly certain that he'll walk at the end of 2014 they might be more open to negotiating now and getting at least something for David.
That was the attitude we took with Pickett iirc.

What are people seeing in David that myself (and presumably Handsome BW) aren't?

He looks ok but nothing like what people are projecting for him.

David Swallow finished 4th in the 2010 Liston as an underage player.
4th 2011 Best and Fairest (ahead of veteran AFL players)

Struggled with injury this year. Make no mistake about it he will be the better Swallow

David Swallow finished 4th in the 2010 Liston as an underage player.
4th 2011 Best and Fairest (ahead of veteran AFL players)

Struggled with injury this year. Make no mistake about it he will be the better Swallow

What are the standout attributes that saw him go #1?

He's always looked a Jamie MacMillan type to me, reasonably adept at several facets of the game with no highlights.

What are the standout attributes that saw him go #1?

He's always looked a Jamie MacMillan type to me, reasonably adept at several facets of the game with no highlights.

I think if you extrapolate the "jack of all trades, master of none" metaphor and applied it to David, he'd be more like "the king of all trades, master of none". Very good to excellent at everything.

Can Pykie shed some more light?

good luck with your dreaming lads.

Will renegotiate a contract extension in the near future at GCFC ;)

Yes he has been hampered by injuries the last 18 months primarily with his knee and ridiculous attack on the ball. Was asked play off the half back and learn to adapt a defensive mind to his game rather than the "see ball get ball" attitude he had in his first 18 months in the AFL. Bluey and Dave have already said he is finishing the year off now through the midfield after his run through the backlines this year.

caddy didnt care where he ended up either north or cats. Cats had a better pick and deal was done. Don't think it had anything to do with gc making it difficult.

Caddy decided he wanted to go to the Cats after a chat with Selwood and Bartel, he said as much in an interview on SEN earlier in the year.

I'm not fussed we didn't get him though. He is a turnover merchant who would be chastised the same way Liam Anthony is after our losses, even more so had we given up our first pick for him.

good luck with your dreaming lads.

Will renegotiate a contract extension in the near future at GCFC ;)

Yes he has been hampered by injuries the last 18 months primarily with his knee and ridiculous attack on the ball. Was asked play off the half back and learn to adapt a defensive mind to his game rather than the "see ball get ball" attitude he had in his first 18 months in the AFL. Bluey and Dave have already said he is finishing the year off now through the midfield after his run through the backlines this year.

Keep him.

He's not as good looking as Andrew anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back