Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you extrapolate the "jack of all trades, master of none" metaphor and applied it to David, he'd be more like "the king of all trades, master of none". Very good to excellent at everything.

Can Pykie shed some more light?

Jack of all trades is apt, don't get carried away.

I am yet to see him apply an Atley like blowtorch run through the middle of the ground and hit a leading forward lace out. I also think he is pretty lax defensively.

Jack of all trades is apt, don't get carried away.

I am yet to see him apply an Atley like blowtorch run through the middle of the ground and hit a leading forward lace out. I also think he is pretty lax defensively.

Maybe queen of all trades?

good luck with your dreaming lads.

Will renegotiate a contract extension in the near future at GCFC ;)

Yes he has been hampered by injuries the last 18 months primarily with his knee and ridiculous attack on the ball. Was asked play off the half back and learn to adapt a defensive mind to his game rather than the "see ball get ball" attitude he had in his first 18 months in the AFL. Bluey and Dave have already said he is finishing the year off now through the midfield after his run through the backlines this year.

Sorry mate, you've had him long enough now (more than you should have). Time to pack his bags and reunite him with Andrew. It'll be even better when he nominates us as the team he wants to come too

Position: Inside/Out Midfielder

Strengths:

- Elite work-rate in both directions

- Elite ball winning skills both inside contests and in open space

- Excellent attack on the football

- Very good decision making skills, general smarts and composure

- Very good disposal – dual sided, neat and penetrating by foot and clean, powerful and precise by hand

- Ideal ‘physical specs’ for an AFL midfielder

- Clean hands

- Good overhead marking

- Good pace off the mark, pace over distance, evasiveness and ‘cruising speed’ – can work his way through traffic, burst out of congestion to open up a stoppage and carry the ball over distance

- Elite endurance

- Pushes forward effectively to be a direct scoreboard contributor

- Versatile

Weaknesses:

- No major weaknesses

Bio:

In 2008, Swallow had an excellent 2010 U16 Championships – in particular starring on the big stage of the MCG on grand final day, almost single handedly willing his team over the line.

As a 16 year old, Swallow was outstanding in 2009. Named in the All-Australian U18 team on a half back flank, he also won the Larke Medal (joint) for the best player at the 2009 AFL U18 Championships averaging 21 disposals, 3 marks, 4 clearances and 3 tackles from 5 games, as well as debuting for and playing 4 games for at senior level in the WAFL and averaging 20 disposals, 3 marks and 1 goal per game – which influenced Gold Coast to commit to him before he even entered his eligible draft year!

In 2010, he has been arguably Gold Coast’s best performed player in the VFL, featuring in the team’s best players 10 times out of 15 games so far, as well as contributing 19 goals. One of his best performances came in a televised game on ABC where he had 19 disposals and kicked 5 goals versus Casey Scorpions.

He is the younger brother of current North Melbourne midfielder, Andrew Swallow.

Complete package!!!!

Pykie said:
MO Swallow is a few levels above Scully & Trengove.

One of the best #1 picks to come through the system.

Ever.

As you said, Trengove was being praised for his efforts as a 17/18 year old in the SANFL.

Swallow had 30+ disposals and kicked 5 goals against Casey on the weekend, and there isn't so much as a peep.

As you said, he's averaging 25+ and a goal a game in the strongest league in the country with all its AFL player depth.....

Not withstanding, he was playing in the WAFL as a 16 year old.

caddy didnt care where he ended up either north or cats. Cats had a better pick and deal was done. Don't think it had anything to do with gc making it difficult.

Not sure they will have the best pick Scoob. From memory it must be activated next year & its likely Geelong aint going to fall away & the pick they end up with may be higher than the one we offered.

Mind you the pick we offered, is up for inspection this weekend in Adelaide.
Im comfortable that Taylor Garner (aka THE CLUTCH) will turn out a very decent footballer.

Time for Andrew to sire his first father son, David is only allowed to see his nephew if he signs for North

He will be a footballer.

I remember watching him play a few of his 4-5 games for East Fremantle (non-colts) and just dominating as an inside midfielder, where he got plenty of it, purely because of his outstanding work-rate.

Injury hasn't helped him at AFL level. The ankle and hip, then the knee etc. Understand, it cruelled his 2nd season of football (including an interrupted pre-season) and in what is his 3rd season as a 20yo, he's had further issues with the knee.

From what I've seen of him this season he has imo been good without being outstanding. Bluey has given him a HB role and he's contributed without putting up stellar numbers. It's very easy for people to get swept up with some of the other talent in that Gold Coast line-up, eg. Bennell, Prestia coming on, or O'Meara having an immediate impact in his debut season. He lacks a real standout attribute (a slipper like McKenzie) and some see him as a bit vanilla in that regard.

He had a real solid first year and I still think that he is coming to grips with being comfortable with his body and the rigours of AFL football, (even though he came in as a hulking 18yo). I think he'll come into his own in a few years, not too dissimilar to Andrew. Only 20, he'll become a force inside and be a really solid footballer in 2-4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If his Surname wasn't Swallow do we still want him?
I would prefer someone with a bit more pace, he is in the same mold as JZ, Cunners and his brother, he may be better or worse point is we need something different.

If his Surname wasn't Swallow do we still want him?
I would prefer someone with a bit more pace, he is in the same mold as JZ, Cunners and his brother, he may be better or worse point is we need something different.

Could be potentially better than all 3. Nothing wrong with having stronger rotations through the middle like Sydney. Plus if one of them 3 goes down we have Jacobs and Greenwood (won't be around much longer I'd imagine).

It'd be negligent not to make a big play for him this season or next.

What are people seeing in David that myself (and presumably Handsome BW) aren't?

He looks ok but nothing like what people are projecting for him.

I second this.

Injuries are an excuse, but I have never seen anything stand out in this bloke. Ive watched him carefully because of the threads like this going back 3 years. His disposal is average at best, decision making ordinary and doesnt seem to run to the right spots.

As someone said he has the physical make up to be a gun, but so do lots of players who dont put it together.

Some serious underrating of this guy.

I know I'm risking a ban but: thread stars, chance he'll go > he's a champ
Years go by, looks like staying > he's not that good

I mean, come on guys. You have some fair young talent of your own, why bother with the very definition of sour grapes

What makes you so confident? I love how you GC supporters think it's a done deal for him to continue with GC. You won't be able to keep all of your kids

I agree, we won't. But we will happily let at least two average-to-good blokes go before swallow, I'd reckon.

The clubs that pillage our list will be the ones that aim low and pitch high.

If we could snag Betts, D.Swallow & Bellchambers in the off-season we could win a flag next year:thumbsu:

If we could snag Betts, D.Swallow & Bellchambers in the off-season we could win a flag next year:thumbsu:

hahahahahahahah. Your continual fascination with Bellchambers astounds me given your comments on other players and the fact we have Goldie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back