Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more hope and dreams for the Swallow family.

EFA mate. If you don't believe the above is true then North fans aren't the ones dreaming here. The above is fact! It doesn't mean it will happen but the above is beyond dispute. We have a poster here who's virtually a member of the family. Will it happen? Not without some serious trading.

Of course we have a cap. A slightly bigger than normal one.

We still have a bigger than normal list, so we need it. People forget that.

As for your suggestion: that's stupid. We'll just keep the better player and cut three cheap ones.

Better players like Swallow.

so when your club is no longer treated like a 4 year that is still hanging off their mothers breast, you think that it will work to have 25 superstars on superstar salaries instead of a balanced list, or do you want to go down the Carlton/Essendon road of just not obeying the rules.

Not smug at all, I don't want to lose any of our best 22, just as you wouldn't either. It's more hope and dreams for some of you North fans.

How will you react when he re-signs for another 3 or 4 years at Gold Coast after this Summer?

Not when IF he re-signs.

If he does I'll just cry into my weetbix and further my hatred for Gold Coast!

so when your club is no longer treated like a 4 year that is still hanging off their mothers breast, you think that it will work to have 25 superstars on superstar salaries instead of a balanced list, or do you want to go down the Carlton/Essendon road of just not obeying the rules.

That's not what I said, you...poster posting on your own board.

I'm saying that on the list if 'good players we would begrudgingly trade for salary cap reasons', Swallow is way, way down the bottom.

You keep clutching at them' straws though.

What's more entertaining are the Gold Coast fans getting so defensive. Must be the fear of losing Swallow to North.

I'm not defensive, happy to debate his worth and hypotheticals. What are you willing to trade? He is contracted so you would be paying overs.

That's not what I said, you...poster posting on your own board.

I'm saying that on the list if 'good players we would begrudgingly trade for salary cap reasons', Swallow is way, way down the bottom.

You keep clutching at them' straws though.

liar liar pants on fire.

you said "We'll just keep the better player and cut three cheap ones."

I think you may be a year off there, but I am happy for him to come when he costs us nothing or if GC want something in return, they can offer him up for something reasonable.

Isn't restricted 8 years and unrestricted 10 years?

This is Dave's 3rd year so another 5 years till he is restricted free agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't restricted 8 years and unrestricted 10 years?

This is Dave's 3rd year so another 5 years till he is restricted free agent

1 year until expired contract = nothing if he doesn't want to resign with you. See port - jacobs scenario.

I'm not defensive, happy to debate his worth and hypotheticals. What are you willing to trade? He is contracted so you would be paying overs.

We have 2 fantastic players who are worth way more than a 1st round pick and the best part is they are in career best form. Mr Michael Firrito and Mr Liam Anthony. We can have them signed sealed and delivered Monday morning if you interested. They will be more than helpful in your push to a finals berth

WE will have to give up too much to get him.

Not smug at all, I don't want to lose any of our best 22, just as you wouldn't either. It's more hope and dreams for some of you North fans.

How will you react when he re-signs for another 3 or 4 years at Gold Coast after this Summer?

Shrug my shoulders, he is more important for you to keep than North to sign. Swallow could be a very good trade for GC at the end of next year, it could possibly get Norths 1st pick for him & a player. GC need to ensure they have a spread of ages on there list & not a group of 8 or so players who will all retire together in 10 or so years naturally others will come into the team over that time but it does look like a core of foundation players are long term AFL footballers.
With the way GC list has the potential to develop a lot of kids will be squeezed out earlier than at other clubs over the next 2 years because like GWS you have simply to many developing players to keep who will not be part of the big picture.
The Q is who & how many players will you lose over the next 2 years. Jack Martin comes in next year & squeezes someone else out of the side. Taylor Hine would likely not have played many this year, as he was not high on Blueys list & he is quite a serviceable player.
Whatever Swallow is worth North will pay overs to get him as they have shown to be very frugal with tradin, they are not Fremantle early days that is for sure. They are looking to send a message to others looking to leave, if we can't get what we want you wont be traded try your luck in the draft.

Is that true? They were only offering him a one-year contract.

They wanted 2 first round picks for Caddy, before relenting and he isn't in the same league. Also wanted something ridiculous for some player the Saints wanted. Haven't seen a more unrealistic trading club since Collingwood and Essendon at their worst.

They wanted 2 first round picks for Caddy, before relenting and he isn't in the same league. Also wanted something ridiculous for some player the Saints wanted. Haven't seen a more unrealistic trading club since Collingwood and Essendon at their worst.

They had the pick of the bunch and wanted to get the best value for them but they're gonna have to be more flexible going forward; they need to keep reducing the size of their list and freeing up a bit of cap space to retain some of their young guns. Hine has been a very handy inclusion for us but a first-rounder is absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back