Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David Swallow to North - Official Thread 2013

We won't be trading or letting goldy go anywhere. Dave swallow wants to come to north, if we cant do a deal he was just go in the present-season draft and nominate us as the only club. Where in a great position

Just interested in thoughts...would posters rather

A) We get Swallow for 2013, but lose Goldstein to GWS
or
B) We keep Goldstein but never get Swallow.

Take into account:
-We don't lose McIntosh and Mabon/Daw go good in VFL
-We don't give up Wells/Petrie/Swallow/Ziebell/Cunnington/Harper/Bastinac/Adams etc..any of our established players or young guns, for David Swallow. We give up the best draft picks we have + fringe players. So we would win the deal
-We develop into a very good team, winning a final in 2012 and fixing up our poor areas such as skills
-We have enough salary cap to pay one of D.Swallow or Goldstein top dollar
-You can't have both

Go.

No point recuiting D Swallow is you have to trade Goldy to get him. We don't want to be weakening our squad.

Besides, if we had to pay Dave Swallow top dollar after 2 years as an AFL player then I wouldn't want him. If we do pay him huge money, that's when we'll start getting in to trouble and we'll lose more players than Goldy down the track.

If he comes to North on a fair and reasonable deal and we don't get bent over at the trade table then giddy up I say.

I choose Goldstein as well.

But was just interested, I said we would have McIntosh + Daw/Mabon in VFL well, so would have ruck options.

And to Bigeasy, don't you think Swallow has the potential to be no 1 player in the AFL? Not that it matters, the best ruck >>> the 4th best midfielder (Ablett, Murphy and Pendlebury over Cox, but Cox over Swan, Judd, Selwood and Mitchell). I reckon Swallow will struggle to be the absolute beast he could be, due to having that much quality around him. More then likely prolong his career, but he will probably be a Bartel (still very good), not an Ablett.

I choose Goldstein as well.

But was just interested, I said we would have McIntosh + Daw/Mabon in VFL well, so would have ruck options.

No we don't.

They're not options yet and they might never be options.

Majak Daw was slaughtered by Robert fricken Campbell a couple of weeks ago.

You guys do realise that Spitter jnr extended his GC contract this year, right?

We won't be trading or letting goldy go anywhere. Dave swallow wants to come to north, if we cant do a deal he was just go in the present-season draft and nominate us as the only club. Where in a great position

And no one else will take him:confused:

How does that work?

And no one else will take him:confused:

How does that work?

jedimind.jpg

This is not the player you're looking for...

You guys do realise that Spitter jnr extended his GC contract this year, right?

I never rated him anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would David go to North? More chance of a premiership at Suns and more $$. If anything he would go to Freo/WCE.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Suns Premiership HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA

wrong end of the table you dolt HAAAAA HAAAA

North are a far greater chance of a flag in the near future. GC are still at least 5-6 years away. Wrong, north list is mid table calibre whilst Suns will compete from 2013 onwards. HHHAAAAA
2) He wants to play with his brother. Perhaps but has many best mates at the Suns which evens out. Where is he now with his best mates or home with family HAAAAA HAAAAA
3) Guy McKenna is a shit coach. He's not that bad and Hinkley is the real brains/tactition of the team. Where is Hinkley HAAAA HAAAA
4) There's more likelihood of better dollars at North when the GC cap comes down and Giblet Junior is still taking all the $$$$. We have cap concessions for the next 5 years. Look at GAZAAs Contract dork HAAA HAAA
5) North are a real football club. I like North as a club but Suns are here for the long term and are building their own culture, without wanting to bag north, we arent the one's that sell home games all over the country, ie gc, canberra, tassie. No but every other week your traveling to wherever we go HAAA HAAA lots of time over the off season when your players go homew to the other states to build on your culture HAAA HAAA

What a joke

301188_10150318731461843_104092741842_8520555_57215779_n.jpg

North champion, and future North premiership player and skipper Andrew Swallow pictured here with future North champion and premiership player David Swallow* and a couple of glamours.

* Note the lack of Gold Coast "best mates".

Did anyone notice the two girls both sitting together at the north table, maybe I'm clutching at straws, but that is a great sign.

Euge has commissioned Jamie Cooper to reproduce that pic in painted portrait form, taking up one entire wall (floor to ceiling) of the Aegis Park basketball court facility.

Lice Brewis already has a copy framed and sitting proudly on his desk, titled "2013".

Did anyone notice the two girls both sitting together at the north table, maybe I'm clutching at straws, but that is a great sign.

IIRC, Davids bird was sitting on the lap of Andys bird. I thought something more would be said of it. What religion are they again?

North champion, and future North premiership player and skipper Andrew Swallow pictured here with future North champion and premiership player David Swallow* and a couple of glamours.

:D* Note the lack of Gold Coast "best mates":D.

Teffy this I believe is the 2013 S.B. Medal co winner photo

you could say with 100 games under Jnrs belt we will have the beginning of a handsom FS era

When's free agency introduced?

Immaterial. Free agency will only apply to players who have 8 years service with their club.

Even then, players in the top paid at their club will be off limits or the club affected will have the right to match their offer or some such.

Upshot is, we ain't never getting D.Swallow on free agency.

Our best hope is he nominates us as the club he wants to go to out of contract and we trade for him. But even then, we'd be paying right through the nose.

I strongly doubt we'll ever get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back