Davis back for the Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Go_Brad_Dick

All Australian
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Goldsack was unimpressive. Davis back to redeem himself next week.
No more haters gettin on Davis please..

I was really suprised at the inclusion of Goldy for Davis, i atleast thought if Leon goes out, his replacement would be Medders(another small forward)

totally agreed. Unfortunately Goldy was the only one who was a bit out of it (a few fumbles here and there). Blairy was quieter than usual too, but did a few good things.

I am already getting nervous for next week, can we please fast forward to 5pm next Sat when we'd all be celebrating?? :)

If st kilda make it, I think we are going to need goldy to pick up a saints small forward either scneider or mcqualter.

Davis will struggle to get back in.

Only change I see is Presti for Nathan brown. Luke ball should be fit

No way - Goldy was a bit rusty early on, but will take him every day over Davis in a final. A player who's much more likely to contribute than Davis in a tough, close contest IMO. D'ya reckon Tyson might be in trouble for his crunch on Stokes? (which I can't see Davis ever doing by the way)

Nah goldsack's hit on stokes was legal and all would agree he deserved it.
Goldy had a few good games a couple of months ago but has been average since.
Davis is a superstar and should be a guaranteed inclusion if fit.
Means just as much to me that he plays, as that we win..

I don't think I'm a hater, but the guy has burnt me a couple too many times in September, and has been pretty ordinary all year - just don't see what he is likely to contribute next week. 5 goals would be great, but what are the odds of that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not fit enough this year. He's either let his work ethic go, or he's been carrying some kind of niggle all year, but he doesn't seem to have the tank for it anymore. I reckon he was dropped tonight, not injured. I was at the game vs the Doggies, near the dugout, and near three quarter time Mick was down near the line, the ball was in our back half and Davis was just static at forward end of the centre square. Mick goes kinda red, waves at Davis and makes a "run around" gesture. Davis sets off at a jog up and back for about two minutes until the quarter ends. Looking at Mick then I thought "don't think Leon will be playing next week". He's shown with Fraser, he won't tolerate players being lazy this year.

Nope, thought Goldy was better as the game went on after a fumbly start. Assuming Ball gets up I think the only change we'll make is Presti.

Uh, I think you'll find that Goldsack chased and pressured all night, things that don't show up on the stats sheet. Sure he didn't kick goals, or get many disposals but he was an integral part of our win!

I'd bring him in for Goldy. But I am a Leon fan, one of the delusional ones that think he can still pop up an kick a bag next week...

So yeah, I'll let MM decide that one.

Yep, Leon back next week.

Goldy was "fumbly" last night and probably the only Pies player to look jittery.

Also, it's a horses for courses approach and next week StK/WB will offer something different to Geelong. More forward pressure from Davis will be required and some X-factor.

LOL at more forward pressure. It was definitely lacking last night. Whoever made the Goebbels claim earlier in the week was spot on :thumbsu:

In all seriousness, people have been willing to accept that Lockyer, O'Bree, Fraser, Anthony, Medders etc are on the fringe of our best 22 - why are people so insistent Leon is a walk up start? I love Leon but he just hasn't seemed right this year.

Uh, I think you'll find that Goldsack chased and pressured all night, things that don't show up on the stats sheet. Sure he didn't kick goals, or get many disposals but he was an integral part of our win!

Goldsack was crap last night I thought. His defensive pressure was off the pace, he looked like he lacked match fitness to me. That and he was awefully fumbly and nervous. He did warm into the game a bit in the 2nd half though. Still I think he'd be vulnerable this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Davis back for the Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back