Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Davo what your opinion on Lennox Hofmann? 3rd overall in the 20m sprint. 191cm and I can’t remember seeing him play a bad game. Where do you think he lands draft night?

Not bad but I think Richmond go for a few talls with the haul.
Stumpf is 1, maybe you go for Trainor KPD, Dodson a ruck or Sims his Northern Knights team mate?
Will cry if we draft Allen, did nothing special in the WAFL
I had you take Allan to spite WCE lol because they are keen with the next pick
And I can’t imagine the Dogs taking one.
I had trouble with your pick and I admit to just giving you guys best available

Stumpf is 1, maybe you go for Trainor KPD, Dodson a ruck or Sims his Northern Knights team mate?

I had you take Allan to spite WCE lol because they are keen with the next pick

I had trouble with your pick and I admit to just giving you guys best available
If Trainor is there at our pick (assuming we don’t just tell Geelong to GGF) I think he’d be hard to pass up. I’d be surprised if he drops all that way but I can also see why you think he might based on the picks above him. Gee it’s an interesting draft - suspect pick swaps aplenty when people fall down the order.

Just having a guess as to what round 1 might look like before the last day of trading

Phantom Draft

1. Rich - Lalor
2. Bris - (bid) Ashcroft
3. NM - J.Smith
4. Carl - FOS
5. Adel - Draper
6. Ess - (bid) Kako
7. Melb - Smillie
8. GCS - (bid) Lombard
9. Rich - Langford
10. StK - Armstrong
11. StK - M.Reid
12. Melb - Tauru
13. Rich - Berry
14. Frem - Bo Allan
15. WCE - Travaglia
16. Port - Gerreyn
17. Rich - Lindsay
18. Carl - (bid) B.Camporeale
19. GWS - Hotton
20. GWS - Ough
21. WB - Trainor
22. Rich - Hynes
23. Syd - Shanahan
24. Bris - (bid) Marshall
25. Rich - Stumpf

Can you pls do another phantom with the new uodated order, wondering what would be the talent available for Hawks pick.
I feel like we will target for a KPF.

Can you pls do another phantom with the new uodated order, wondering what would be the talent available for Hawks pick.
I feel like we will target for a KPF.
Yeah the lack of an f3 whilst it looks like nothing actually hurts. We need one to trade blues f1 plus 33 to get something like 20 from tigers or 22 from swans. Maybe 33 and f1 for 22 and f3 and then take Jobe Shanahan or Gerreyn.

Just having a guess as to what round 1 might look like before the last day of trading

Phantom Draft

1. Rich - Lalor
2. Bris - (bid) Ashcroft
3. NM - J.Smith
4. Carl - FOS
5. Adel - Draper
6. Ess - (bid) Kako
7. Melb - Smillie
8. GCS - (bid) Lombard
9. Rich - Langford
10. StK - Armstrong
11. StK - M.Reid
12. Melb - Tauru
13. Rich - Berry
14. Frem - Bo Allan
15. WCE - Travaglia
16. Port - Gerreyn
17. Rich - Lindsay
19. GWS - Hotton
20. GWS - Ough
21. WB - Trainor
22. Rich - Hynes
23. Syd - Shanahan
25. Rich - Stumpf
Do you really believe Campo goes that high he's currently not rated in the top 30 by the experts

Hey Davo what's your thoughts on Cooper Hynes. Would love the dogs to pick him up with pick 17 is there a reason he hasn't made his way up on anyone's draft boards? 190 cm and kicks goals

Phantom Draft

1. Rich - Lalor
2. Bris - (bid) Ashcroft
3. NM - J.Smith
4. Carl - FOS
5. Adel - Draper
6. Ess - (bid) Kako
7. Melb - Smillie
8. GCS - (bid) Lombard
9. Rich - Langford
10. StK - Armstrong
11. StK - M.Reid
12. Melb - Tauru
13. Rich - Berry
14. Frem - Bo Allan
15. WCE - Travaglia
16. Port - Gerreyn
17. Rich - Lindsay
19. GWS - Hotton
20. GWS - Ough
21. WB - Trainor
22. Rich - Hynes
23. Syd - Shanahan
25. Rich - Stumpf
Would love you to update this now trading is done Davo, but I don't see why we would take an Armstrong/Reid combo. We need midfield strength and extractors, not a KPF like Armstrong. Reid is also a maybe - I don't love how his best trait is "creativity" when we need big bodies to help Steele, but I can see us taking him. Tauru if still on the board would be a better choice than Armstrong, we need someone to replace Battle next year, Howard/Cordy in the future or for an injury to Wilkie.

If picks 1-9 land like your prediction here, my guess is that we take Lindsay (or Reid) and then we'll either take Tauru or we'll sell pick 11 to the highest bidder (maybe a slide to GWS' picks to take Hotton/Hynes).

Would love you to update this now trading is done Davo, but I don't see why we would take an Armstrong/Reid combo. We need midfield strength and extractors, not a KPF like Armstrong. Reid is also a maybe - I don't love how his best trait is "creativity" when we need big bodies to help Steele, but I can see us taking him. Tauru if still on the board would be a better choice than Armstrong, we need someone to replace Battle next year, Howard/Cordy in the future or for an injury to Wilkie.

If picks 1-9 land like your prediction here, my guess is that we take Lindsay (or Reid) and then we'll either take Tauru or we'll sell pick 11 to the highest bidder (maybe a slide to GWS' picks to take Hotton/Hynes).
What St Kilda need is a star midfielder, an elite player and guess what, you can finally get that gun mid that replaces Jack Steele by trading up with us for pick 2 and apart from who the tigers take, you will have five choices to pick your star. Now before you say its an even draft, it is, after pick 6 in the open draft, St Kilda, Melbourne and the tigers are in a unique situation in this draft, but in different scenario's. St Kilda and Melbourne can get their gun midfielder of their choice or get two good players in this strong draft, with Melbourne, Trac may or may not get back to his best and then there is the question of does he stay? Oliver the same question but highly likely he's gone next year, here is their chance to get a star midfielder.

Richmond a little bit different because with pick #1 they will get one of the elite six, and with their other picks they can trade one or two into next year to strengthen their hand yet again or go for the jugular and get the two top midfielders on their whiteboard and they can get their key forward after they take the two star midfielders and a couple of other selections to go for need. Carlton have done this very same strategy, and its not a surprise, like a lot of supporters the "why would you do it, in an even draft"? They have pretty much answered that question in a heartbeat, to get their star midfielder.

What St Kilda need is a star midfielder, an elite player and guess what, you can finally get that gun mid that replaces Jack Steele by trading up with us for pick 2 and apart from who the tigers take, you will have five choices to pick your star. Now before you say its an even draft, it is, after pick 6 in the open draft, St Kilda, Melbourne and the tigers are in a unique situation in this draft, but in different scenario's. St Kilda and Melbourne can get their gun midfielder of their choice or get two good players in this strong draft, with Melbourne, Trac may or may not get back to his best and then there is the question of does he stay? Oliver the same question but highly likely he's gone next year, here is their chance to get a star midfielder.

Richmond a little bit different because with pick #1 they will get one of the elite six, and with their other picks they can trade one or two into next year to strengthen their hand yet again or go for the jugular and get the two top midfielders on their whiteboard and they can get their key forward after they take the two star midfielders and a couple of other selections to go for need. Carlton have done this very same strategy, and its not a surprise, like a lot of supporters the "why would you do it, in an even draft"? They have pretty much answered that question in a heartbeat, to get their star midfielder.
What St Kilda offer would North accept for pick 2? Would've thought it would be 7+F1 at a minimum, and unlikely to trump a potential 6+10/11/18 from Richmond

What St Kilda offer would North accept for pick 2? Would've thought it would be 7+F1 at a minimum, and unlikely to trump a potential 6+10/11/18 from Richmond
Why would you want to move from 7 & 8..thats maybe a Langford and Travaglia in this draft and thats gold...and what if Smillie slid a couple of places. I would be holding where you are if it was me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back