Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Like on the tv show "no deal"! Brady has said we would move back in the order a few places to pick 6 possibly but no further back than that and for pick 2 if we are talking the tigers, "the deal has to be good" were his words so 2 for 6 and 10 or 11. Its really a double edged sword and I'll explain why, as posters have said, we are after key position talent and they know this, BUT we will EXPLORE our options, but we are not going to give our pick 2 away, if some clubs think that then they are in for a big shock. Teams will come for pick 2 whether supporters like it or not and we will take the best deal, what the opposing clubs have to ask themselves is HOW BADLY DO THEY WANT THAT GUN MIDFIELDER OF THEIR CHOICE?
You have been saying this for quite some time now Scout and some still don't get it. Keep up the good work.

You have been saying this for quite some time now Scout and some still don't get it. Keep up the good work.
There are 6 mids of equal ability, thats the beauty of this draft.
1. Lalor
2. Smillie
3. Draper
4. Jagger
5. FOS
6. Langford plus Ried & Lindsay.

That's 8 mids that have excelled this year at some point.

North have only 2 picks ( 2 & 65) - if u want Tauru or Armstrong will you take them at #2 ? No you won't.

You will take a another mid you don't need & risk losing LDU in the next 2yrs.

I think if Richmond offer 6 & 18 & North will accept so they can get 2 players they really need Tauru & Whitlock.
Another mid they don't need !!

1. Lalor
2. Smillie
3. Draper
4. Jagger
5. FOS

North have only 2 picks ( 2 & 65) - if u want Tauru or Armstrong will you take them at #2 ? No you won't.

I think if Richmond offer 6 & 18 & North will accept so they can get 2 players they really need Tauru & Whitlock.
I would target 10,11 (might need other things too but that’s the core of the deal) instead and take Tauru/Trainor/Armstrong if I were north. Then one of you should bluff the blues out of the preferred player to extract something to slide to 3.

I don't think there is any chance we would just take 7 and future 1st though. And if that's what's offered there will be no deal done in my opinion. I can see why the Saints would do the deal but not us.
I mean you’ll probably still get the guy you want at pick 2 at pick 7, a trade with Melbourne St Kilda or Richmond gives you another excellent draft pick this year or next that benefits your club. Absent a better offer, 7+F1 for 2 is a win win for both parties

1. Lalor
2. Smillie
3. Draper
4. Jagger
5. FOS

Hey jthanos, some interesting points, there are 6 mids of equal ability, well see now that's the beauty of the draft and different opinions, to some you may be right but to a lot of recruiters out there, their whiteboards will have the varying midfielders in a lot different spots than many people realise, so some will be rated a lot higher on potential than others so the equal ability bit gets washed away and on draft night we are going to get a very good view on this. That's 8 mids that have excelled this year at some point.

Yes indeed, there is no right or wrong here, just varying opinions, I have Lalor/Jagga/Finn/Draper/Langford and Smillie as my six, then there is a gap, but as you pointed out Reid and Lindsay had a great national carnival but to me those two are in that next tier but still very good players, Lindsay is in my opinion the best kick in the draft and to me that is a big tick, sometimes foot skill's are not forgotten but under valued compared to other things.

"North have only 2 picks {2 & 65}, if you want Tauru or Armstrong will you take them at #2? No you won't". That's dead right, because we will explore the possibility of trading in our future first or second rounders so that's not really an issue for us in that regard. If we did take another mid, people quickly forget that he would be replacing Taryn Thomas, so again not a disaster but a bonus.

"Risk losing LDU", to people outside our footy club I can see how this is going to be brought up even by media, because half the time they make up their own agenda's to either get clicks or sell papers and they don't follow up on everything, he's not going anywhere, not only does he love our club but he wants to be one of the players to bring this club back to where it should be, playing finals.

Considering some average players are getting close to a million dollars {yes I know everything has gone up} there is talk he will command the highest offer in history, young future star on the rise, I get it, he's an old fashion "shinboner", he would actually bleed for this club and players like that are very very hard to find.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back