Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The question is how can you manage / develop 8 kids at once, plus rookies? It's a tough ask and I'm not sure it's been done successfully at AFL level before
i know the Bulldogs havent been in the bottom 4 for awhile, but thats common practice when you are down there and has seen us(Hawthorn) rebound in 2005-2007 and recently 2021-2023, we turned over between 6-8 each year for 2-3 years approx both times, but not with the luxury of such high picks that Richmond have attained.

Then the rest were all kids 18/19
Lynch , Vlastuin , Broad , Balta , Hopper , Prestia , Nankervis , Short are a level above the GWS senior guys at the time they arrived and only Davies , Scully , Ward were really still playing good level footy

But its the next tier that were missing players 3-4 years in the system that was the difference
But of course they had alot of unknown kids that some played well in their 1st years
The comment was about learn and lean on - all the kids could learn and lean on those players - even if some were at the end of their career.

They also added the Dogs captain - Ryan Griffen, Shane Mumford, Heath Shaw, Josh Hunt and Joel Patful the following year.

The question is how can you manage / develop 8 kids at once, plus rookies? It's a tough ask and I'm not sure it's been done successfully at AFL level before

At least the Richmond development coaches will be well rested. Seems they’ve had the last few years off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back