Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Difference being your club recognised what a role player of FA age is worth plus they were contracted. Brady must be pumped he’s no longer the worst list manager in the competition. Oh there is a word:

f****d.

Anyway back to the draft. You guys splitting 2 and F2 for 6 and 10 like a normal club and taking Tauru and Armstrong/Shanahan? Darling will be a lot better acquisition than many are giving him credit for but you need another high quality developing KPF ready to play regular senior footy in 3-4 years.

Pick 2 & F1
For
Pick 6 & 11

Should do if he moves like a jet or delivers his mark with pixel precision.
Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Difference being your club recognised what a role player of FA age is worth plus they were contracted. Brady must be pumped he’s no longer the worst list manager in the competition. Oh there is a word:

f****d.

Anyway back to the draft. You guys splitting 2 and F2 for 6 and 10 like a normal club and taking Tauru and Armstrong/Shanahan? Darling will be a lot better acquisition than many are giving him credit for but you need another high quality developing KPF ready to play regular senior footy in 3-4 years.
Yeah, pretty much spot on there eaglevision, I'm happy with Jack Darling at the club, I know some are not thrilled but he'll go okay and be there to teach and help our young key forwards so that's another plus, pick #2 and a possible future 2nd rounder for Richmond's picks #6 and #10 sounds about right, some people will question why not pick 11?

The answer is quite simple, because in this scenario IF the tigers have pick 10 I'm fairly sure after picking two gun midfielders they go a gun key forward, that is what I would be doing from a tigers point of view from the first three picks, where as if they have pick #11, having the pick before them we would probably take the best key forward even though the tigers supposedly like Jack Whitlock and Jonty Faull, I find it extremely hard that they would not jump at the chance to draft Harry.

Pick 2 & F1
For
Pick 6 & 11
No. I generally think some people are of the opinion that we are going to just do a trade like this because clubs know we are after key position talent and "hey", you get that extra pick early in the first round and that your not going to select Alix or Harry {if they are top two on our whiteboard} at pick 2, surely? We will look at trading in our future first after we see who wants our pick 2 bad enough and believe me, someone will, even in this draft.

So worst case scenario is that we take one of the gun midfielders to finish of our midfield {replaces Tarryn} and with our future first we get our gun key forward, we are actually in the drivers seat and clubs are aware of this, if you want a gun midfielder you will come to us, if you don't, then take your own picks to the draft, in the tigers case, now you see what I said there, that is what it will come down too for your second pick in this draft. YOUR GOING TO GET THE GUN OF YOUR CHOICE.

If you keep your picks, I highly doubt you get the gun midfielder of your choice at pick #6, percentage wise it would be very very unlikely, now some supporters will probably say we will still get a top player at pick #6, but I highly doubt it won't be the player of your choice and with the picks you've assembled you have to take the two best midfielders that is on your whiteboard with the players that have left your club.

Most of the time what supporters want and what clubs do are sometimes so far apart, well lets just say that its quite interesting at some of the trade picks scenario's. West Coast are a prime example of supporters and the club being about 100 miles apart on these sort of issues, not supporters, but the clubs, if agreed upon, will be a fair deal for both clubs, if not the deal won't take place and like Carlton did to secure their gun midfielder in this draft, someone will come calling and if that happens, another gun midfielder bites the dust and that list of gun midfielders are shrinking by the minute, I wouldn't be surprised if an agreement with a club hasn't already been ticked off, but as supporters we aren't going to know, so its all a waiting game, for the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back