Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Travagalia better than a mid who cant play elsewhere rated in the 2nd round? (Not Langford just an example....say a Gross this year).

Different types of player. However Travagalia would be rated the better player.

Is Whitfield a better player than say a inside mid / flanker like a Taylor Adams?
Travaglia reminds me of 2 players that play for my club in Will Day and Jack Scrimshaw, tallish, slim, very good agility with run and carry and intercepts very well, for my club we already have Scrimshaw, Sicily and co playing that role and so he isnt as needed, but a club who needs that type he would be a good pick to invest in, if the club is lacking a hard ball get type mid who cant really play elsewhere, but you need him to do the grunt work and feed your good users or penetrating kicks like Worpel plays that role for my team, then you pick him, its all about team balance and when you are at the bottom you are missing several pieces and if he fits a piece you are missing then he holds more value to the team than another of what you already have imo, fans usually shit talk the grunt players that cant play elsewhere, but without them (Tom Mitchell) you get Collingwood this year that cant control the game because they cant control the flow of the game through T.Mitchell who was injured)

Last edited:
The last thing you need is a midfielder you have plenty????

North get two positions they are screaming for and in a deep draft seeing as they coughed up pick 25 for Caleb Daniels. We get an earlier pick to guarantee pick 1&2
I either way they are the team who is desperate to trade they have to pay overs.
I also don’t think they are bottom four next year so future first is likely pick 5-8 in my opinion.
He would replace Tarryn Thomas if we went that way and our midfield would be set, pick #2 and a future first for picks #6 and #11, so far the worst trade in history is the trade the "weagles" made trading pick #3 for one player that was probably going to be delisted and another player they could have got for nothing next year, no wonder their fans were so angry, its very understandable, lets be clear on this trade, it would equal the "weagles" as the number one worst trade by a club in history, from everything I've heard from our people in charge this year, not going to happen, its made up nonsense.

Sonds like you actually think thats a good trade for north ?
In that scenario they are getting torched hard and even i can admit to that

Anything less than #6 , #11 , #18 is getting robbed
2 and F2 for 6 and 10 IS absolutely a fair trade for both clubs. You wouldn’t do that if you were North?

2 and F2 for 6, 10 and 18 is Richmond getting robbed.

2 and F2 for 6 and 10 IS absolutely a fair trade for both clubs. You wouldn’t do that if you were North?

2 and F2 for 6, 10 and 18 is Richmond getting robbed.
Richmond is not interested in F2 pick's and certainly not with 3 1st rounders thats just totally mental

#2 + F1 for #6,#11 + F2 is more reasonable or #6 + #11 + #23

Richmond is not interested in F2 pick's and certainly not with 3 1st rounders thats just totally mental

#2 + F1 for #6,#11 + F2 is more reasonable or #6 + #11 + #23
2 and F2 for 6 and 10 is what I wrote and you said it was too far in Richmond’s favour and now you’re saying the trade is mental..?

You literally bolded it yourself.

2 and F2 for 6 and 10 is what I wrote and you said it was too far in Richmond’s favour and now you’re saying the trade is mental..?
Again Richmond are not interested in Future 2nd rounders and the deal proposed is #2 & F1 which is over pay for North

Also North cannot trade F1 & F2 so i have no idea why you are bringing norths F2 into the trade ?

The last thing you need is a midfielder you have plenty????

North get two positions they are screaming for and in a deep draft seeing as they coughed up pick 25 for Caleb Daniels. We get an earlier pick to guarantee pick 1&2
I either way they are the team who is desperate to trade they have to pay overs.
I also don’t think they are bottom four next year so future first is likely pick 5-8 in my opinion.

No idea where you get desperate from??

Most are happy with Lalor or FOS. End of the day the Tigers could be desperate for the 2 best players in the draft. Risk increases the further from 1 your drop back.

Again Richmond are not interested in Future 2nd rounders and the deal proposed is #2 & F1 which is over pay for North

Also North cannot trade F1 & F2 so i have no idea why you are bringing norths F2 into the trade ?
Anyway back to the draft. You guys splitting 2 and F2 for 6 and 10 like a normal club and taking Tauru and Armstrong/Shanahan?

That is the part you bolded before saying it was unfair to North. I never said anything about North’s F1. I said F2. Learn to read.

Anyway back to the draft. You guys splitting 2 and F2 for 6 and 10 like a normal club and taking Tauru and Armstrong/Shanahan?

That is the part you bolded before saying it was unfair to North. I never said anything about North’s F1. I said F2. Learn to read.
North would do it. Richmond wouldn't.

Keep the early picks for mine. Look to do something potentially with 18,20,23 & 24.

Would Port do 13 & F2 for 18 & 23?
(Pick numbers not including bids etc)
1. Lalor
6. Smith/Langford/Smillie
10. Travaglia/Lindsay
11. Allan/Berry
13. Shanahan
20. Trainor/Whitlocks

24 for a F1 next year.

2025 have our 1st + Traded in 1st
Our 2nd plus Ports 2nd
Port can't do any future picks trading

I personally don't know why Richmond would do any deal for 2.

Take Lalor and one of Smith, Smilie, FOS and Langford will get through to 6 and all of them have their own strengths to set them up.

They can get a future pick by trading out 18,20, 23 or 24, there'll be demand on the night.

But if I were a Richmond fan, 1, 6, 10 and 11 are untouchable for me

Lalor + 1 of the 4 names I mentioned above + Armstrong + Travaglia or Hotton with their first 4 picks is the way I'd go.

Plus force Kangas' hands to use pick 2 on Tauru if they really want to. Richmond have little to gain from a deal aside from the fact that they hedge their bets by taking a pick into next year, which at this stage looks very compromised with NGA and F/S picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take Lalor and one of Smith, Smilie, FOS and Langford will get through to 6 and all of them have their own strengths to set them up.

They can get a future pick by trading out 18,20, 23 or 24, there'll be demand on the night.

Lalor + 1 of the 4 names I mentioned above + Armstrong + Travaglia or Hotton with their first 4 picks is the way I'd go.

Plus force Kangas' hands to use pick 2 on Tauru if they really want to. Richmond have little to gain from a deal aside from the fact that they hedge their bets by taking a pick into next year, which at this stage looks very compromised with NGA and F/S picks

I think Smillie is the guy that gets through, next best if the kids, or they can go best KPP available.

No order top 5

Smith
FOS
Lalor
Langford
Draper

that is the clear top 5 imo and Melbourne will pick the last of the best mids left.

There’s a definite benefit of trading for pick 2 (or 3 or 4) though how much they give up is the question.

I think Smillie is the guy that gets through, next best if the kids, or they can go best KPP available.

No order top 5

Smith
FOS
Lalor
Langford
Draper

that is the clear top 5 imo and Melbourne will pick the last of the best mids left.

There’s a definite benefit of trading for pick 2 (or 3 or 4) though how much they give up is the question.
I would not be giving up 2 picks out of 6,10 or 11. I think North will benefit out of this more than Richmond will

No order top 5

Smith
FOS
Lalor
Langford
Draper

Reid is up there at the Saints 1st pick as well.

And do they go tall with their 2nd 1st? Or is Eross the Boss not patient enough to develop a tall?

They are only getting F2's for those. Pick 18 will be live pick 22/23 on draft night. I doubt even Sydney/Geelong are giving up a F1 for that.

Josh Weddle live trade for live pick 18 was Pick 27+F2+F3. Tigers can expect only similar deals at best and no real talent is gonna slip that far to 22/23. Theirs fans are out in force here and in media trying to drum uo value but not gonna work.

Pick 2 for 6+18+23 is on the money for me.

They are only getting F2's for those. Pick 18 will be live pick 22/23 on draft night. I doubt even Sydney/Geelong are giving up a F1 for that.

Josh Weddle live trade for live pick 18 was Pick 27+F2+F3. Tigers can expect only similar deals at best and no real talent is gonna slip that far to 22/23. Theirs fans are out in force here and in media trying to drum uo value but not gonna work.

Straight swap a bit different to a 9 pick slide 🤣🤣🤣

You keep repeating this

And you are dead wrong

Pick 2 for 6+18+23 is waaaaay overs and I'm not even a tigers fan.

The only deals I'd take if I were Richmond are 6 and 10 for 2 and North's F1, because that could be a high pick, or 6 and 20 for 2 because they'll have plenty of picks in that range anyway. And that's if they really like one guy besides Lalor who won't be there at 6.

But I doubt North take either of those deals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back