Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise that the Suns are actually allowed to trade out players to make space in the cap, don't you?
The Suns aren't going to move heaven and Earth for Beams. They need to if they want him.

How on earth could you know GC salary cap space?

Also, I'm sure Collingwood could accommodate paying some of Beams' salary if it came down to it.

Collingwood will not be held to ransom by Brisbane, period.
We're not holding you to ransom. We're merely offering something half decent now so you don't lose him for nothing in a year. By all means take it or leave it. It's not like we're exactly reluctant to use Pick 4 on McCartin/Wright in the draft.

He can't go to GC, not enough salary cap space.

He is contracted, but judging from last night he'd take a sabbatical over playing for Collingwood again. Can't force him to play. Hence our position of power in this trade. You don't want to lose him for nothing...
A sabbatical?? How would that work. He has a contract to play football. He is still an employee of the Collingwood FC. If he decided to take a year off rather than play, I assume he would have to forego his contract and be delisted. If he wanted to play in 2016, wouldn't he then just have to nominate for the National Draft?? I can't see how this would work in his or your favour

The Suns aren't going to move heaven and Earth for Beams. They need to if they want him.
Beams walks in as their 2nd best player and is a ready made replacement for Ablett in the midfield as Ablett winds out of there over the next 3 years. Beams would be key to helping GC get to top 4 in the next few years with his age. GC should move heaven and earth to get him

Where the Suns were positioned this year they'd be silly not to make a play for Beams.

He would massively increase their chances at finals footy and would largely ease GAJ's work load.

I'm really hoping the Suns get involved in the current stalemate.

We will have a better idea of how much "overs" we can afford early next week once Malceski makes a decision one way or another, but I'm hoping we have a real crack at the trade.

Would Pick 7 plus Danny Stanley be of interest? You get your hard-nut versatile midfielder back for some grunt. Still only 26.

Throw in another upside midfielder maybe in Lonergan or Matt Shaw. Or defender like Tape (going to end up in a similar mold to Maxwell). Or possibly a quick half-fwd like Aaron Hall? Or Jack Leslie - ruck/key defender type. Not sure what your list needs apart from a midfield replacement for Beams.

Fingers crossed we stir the pot a bit, even if it is just to make the Lions pay overs ;)
We delisted Stanley and I don't think that was a mistake, pick 7 and lonergan is better than what the lions are offering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can't go to GC, not enough salary cap space.

He is contracted, but judging from last night he'd take a sabbatical over playing for Collingwood again. Can't force him to play. Hence our position of power in this trade. You don't want to lose him for nothing...
But isn't he leaving for family reasons? Money shouldn't matter

O, and he's contracted, we can do whatever we want with him next year. Which includes playing him in the VFL all year if we desire.

Gold Coast have to move heaven and earth yet Brisbane only have to move seats on a bus. Am I understanding the crux of your argument? I love your logic. A plus right there.

Just for the massive lol's I hope GC get Beams.

I'd even go as far as going on the Lions board and rub it in and cop a red.
Almost be happy to take unders from GC if the Lions don't meet us with a trade that we feel is adequate. Even if Beams sits out for the year, we can still keep him on our list and if he doesn't do the work he doesn't get paid? Does that work? So his share of the money goes to current contracted players? Or can we use it as extra cap space next year to get Dangerfield/ Sloane?

End of 2015 would be happy to orchestrate a trade with GC, even if it was just for a second rounder or a player. Should beams want to take his chances in the draft, I'm sure that GC would have a crack because they have nothing to lose in wasting a pick on him. They have enough kids coming through that are talented enough to cover him anyway. It's not as if Beams won't play for GC if selected.

Yeah except that can't happen coz u cannot on-trade a player! You can only on-trade a pick!

Sounds ok I think. I reckon some thought that the It would be 4 and Aish to us and then we could deal with Adelaide separately. That can't happen.

Perhaps poorly worded on my part.

You couldn't go-

Aish and pick 4 to Pies for Beams. Deal completed.
Later on
Pies then trade Aish to Crows for pick 9. 2nd deal completed.

You can do it all in the one deal though-

Aish to Crows
Beams to Brisbane
Picks 4 & 9 to Pies
Deal done.

The whole karma thing didn't stop clubs from destroying us at the trade table in recent years. Why should we now bend over when we're in the position of power?

Clutching at straws me thinks.

Time you leave the Collingwood board methinks.

Sick of these hobo Brisbane supporters coming here and acting righteous.

You have zero "position of power".

Like i
Easy

STAGE 1

Bris outs - aish
Bris ins - 9, 29

Adel outs - 9, 29
Adel ins - aish

STAGE 2

Bris outs - picks 4, 9, 29
Bris ins - beams

Coll outs - beams
Coll ins - picks 4, 9 , 29

STAGE 3

Coll outs - lumumba pick 45
Coll ins - Pick 22

Melb outs - pick 22
Melb ins - lumumba pick 45

STAGE 4

Coll outs - pick 29
Coll ins - greenwood

North outs- greenwood
North ins - pick 29

STAGE 5

Hope moore slips to a 2nd rounder

Gives us picks 4,8,9,22,28,greenwood. With moore being at either 8 or 28
like it, the only issue is Bris won't let go of aish! Bris trading aish for pick 9 and 29 then giving them to us is the exact same deal as them giving us aish in the first place which they've said they just won't. The only small loophole here is that, once Bris come to terms with the fact they r going to have to let go of aish to get beams, aish will agree to a trade to Adelaide over Coll so that works in our favour as well as Bris favour in that we won't face the go home factor.

The sooner Bris come to the realisation that this deal just won't work without the aish component, the faster we can get a deal done! The issue is it may take them all of 2 weeks to come to that realisation!

Perhaps poorly worded on my part.

You couldn't go-

Aish and pick 4 to Pies for Beams. Deal completed.
Later on
Pies then trade Aish to Crows for pick 9. 2nd deal completed.

You can do it all in the one deal though-

Aish to Crows
Beams to Brisbane
Picks 4 & 9 to Pies
Deal done.
Yeah, I wasn't referring to your post when I posted. All in one deal looks ok.

Here's one for you. Someone on the Brisbane fans facebook page is giving Beams the following advice.
Resign from Collingwood, move to QLD and then sign with Brisbane. If the AFL don't allow it, Beams should sue them for restraint of trade and will most likely win.
Isn't there some AFL law to stop players doing this? I'm not sure.
Lol, "restraint of trade". Maybe don't sign a contract then...

They wouldn't want to make us unhappy, there will be a lot more vic players wanting to go home than Queensland players... They will only be shooting themselves in the foot giving us a crap deal. Target every good Victorian on their list lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back