Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek Hine says that “From our side of things, it’s players. We really mindful of the age profile of the list” when speaking about a deal for Dayne Beams between Collingwood and Brisbane.

Collingwood have declined an offer of just pick four from Brisbane today. However a player that Collingwood have requested along with pick four that Brisbane initially declined, Brisbane are coming around to and will speak to that player (who has been unnamed) about a shift to Collingwood.

Brisbane are looking to finalise the deal before Friday with both parties actively working with each other to facilitate the trade.

Also interested in where you get this from, sounds like its tracking alone well if true.

I keep coming back to Redden. He's the right age bracket & position for what we are looking for. He also seems the sort of player who could be pushed out (of midfield/best 22) for Beams. Could he be the middle ground (with pick 4) that the clubs are looking for?
Don't want a player that would be pushed out because Beams joins, want a good player not a fringe hack who's first letter just helps him get talked about

They seriously offered just pick 4 for what will be their highest payed player? I hope we just walk away.

Could the Bulldogs be the missing element to make this work more smoothly. Our issue is that pick 4 is too much of a lottery given our list. The Doggies issue is that they are desperate for a top drawer tall out of this draft, but McCartin and Wright will be gone by their pick 5. What would they pay for pick 4, assuming Melbourne don't get pick 3 for Frawley?

Would they give up one of their very good young midfielders for a pick that would snare them one of McCartin or Wright?

If so, Brisbane give us pick 4 plus a cheaper set of steak knives than would other wise be required. We then on-trade 4 to the Doggies in exchange for a young gun mid more in line with our desired age profile.

Thoughts?

Could the Bulldogs be the missing element to make this work more smoothly. Our issue is that pick 4 is too much of a lottery given our list. The Doggies issue is that they are desperate for a top drawer tall out of this draft, but McCartin and Wright will be gone by their pick 5. What would they pay for pick 4, assuming Melbourne don't get pick 3 for Frawley?

Would they give up one of their very good young midfielders for a pick that would snare them one of McCartin or Wright?

If so, Brisbane give us pick 4 plus a cheaper set of steak knives than would other wise be required. We then on-trade 4 to the Doggies in exchange for a young gun mid more in line with our desired age profile.

Thoughts?

Would rather use pick 4 on the best available. Even if hes a tall.

You? :)

b62459bb4c94934fe69e5c07065c5019ff01e36c3c69893b026d48a2c34e5836.jpg

Hard to tell when these are your two quotes within the same page-

Lord Wilberforce said:
Anyone getting the feeling that this deal might fall apart?

Lord Wilberforce said:
LOL - it's Monday arvo! ;)

You are right - they are the same font!!

We wont get Hanley no way, I would only go for Aish or Mayes.
I would rather them as they are below 20 and we should be rebuilding.

Zorko they can keep, too old at 25, even if I would like to have another Croat? at the club.
Agree with Hanley. I'd prefer Mayes as Aish has that go home factor - unless he was part of a deal with Adelaide

Thoughts?
Bontempelli ??? DROOOOOOOOOOOOOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should leave out pick 4, and say redden and their second round pick (24). Redden is a year younger than beams, also 189cm. His stats almost compare with beams almost. Its almost a like for a like but beams a bit better. If redden was at a vic club he would be rated much higher.

I think we should leave out pick 4, and say redden and their second round pick (24). Redden is a year younger than beams, also 189cm. His stats almost compare with beams almost. Its almost a like for a like but beams a bit better. If redden was at a vic club he would be rated much higher.

I think Hine is very very keen to use pick 4 (probably become pick 5) & I don't think he will give that up in a hurry. Perhaps we could throw in something else to get that one over the line?

Holy shit. I legitimately don't understand the greater AFL following population.

All I'm seeing outside of the Collingwood BF board is Pick 4 for Beams.

DON'T YOU GET IT? PICK 4 IS THE STEAK KNIVES!

We've already said we want an established, like for like, gun player to replace Beams. That's what we want. And Beams is contracted so we have more than every right to ask for it. Not a single player on the Lions list comes close to being that player, they're 80% of what Beams offers at best - and that's talking about the Rockliff's and the Hanley's. Therefore Pick 4 sweetens the deal.

Mayes and Pick 4 would be about right. If it wasn't in the vein of Beams asking to go home and the fact that Collingwood are the ones holding all the aces, supporters nation wide would be saying he's worth far more than Pick 4. On the open market he'd net Pick 1 and a late second round.

I'll be disappointed if we sign Aish, as he's so young. But it's fair if he comes and brings Pick 4 with him. Mayes is pretty close too. If I were doing the trading I wouldn't acknowledge anyone else on their list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back