Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's nice.

I'll deal in the facts and if you think you'll land Beams for pick 4 + trash you are in for a shock.
Totally agree , it looks most likely Beams stays or traded to the Goldcoast! the lions dont rate him yet are willing to give him 5 million in a 6 year contract. Lions fans talk crap

I like what Hine had to say, it's basically give us what we want or Dayne you got to come back. I'm alright with this stance even if it blows up in our face. The current way it's all getting done basically makes the draft pointless if players can just nominate and go where they want whenever they want.

Serioulsy, how?
Do you think we can bang on and tear the club apart about culture and back track with a player that wants no part of it? You are in or you are out can't have exceptions unfortunately. We are backed against te wall like we were with Shaw and we'll have to take the deal on offer at the end of the day. At best it will be the first & second round picks.

How the hell do we land Greenwood anyway? A second round pick? Who do we give North that they want to help them win a flag? They will have no interest in a fringe player from an 11th placed club. Best we can probably do now is use someone to bargain Brisbanes round 2 pick up and offer it to North but that's a big ask. Aside from that we are now in the territory of clubs that have to pay overs to recruit and we have to recruit to show the members we can.

Personaly I think we need to take our medicine now and start all over unfortunately.

If Brisbane don't sharpen their pencil then we go to GC, why the catastrophism? If we can't get satisfaction there we hold him like Sydney did with O'Keefe. A lot can happen in a year. I think you forget that Brisbane's list doesn't stand still in a year. They need to sign players next year and there will be players thinking about going where their future is not assured. Do they keep playing Claye as some type of honeypot to Dayne? How do they fill the cap this year?

On Greenwood, North haven't signed him up so he is tender prey. If he wants to come to the Pies, and I don't think it's a big deal whether he comes or not, then he simply doesn't sign a contract with North.

You should go an listen to MarkT2 on your board, he is speaking some sense in all of this and he is a Collingwood supporter.

Mate, all this shows is that you can pick posters like you can pick deals. You're dealing with Collingwood here mate, not Southport or Palm beach. Hine will not buckle, Pert's laid the foundation, take the terms or come back next year....if Beamer's still available.

I can't agree. We got what we could from him, considering the situation we did really well.
Yes we got what we could but not what he was worth - that's the whole point and what will happen with Beams. Beams is as good a player as their is in the comp outside of Ablett and Franklin. He's up there with Pendlebury & Swan. He will be Brisbane's best player for the next 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should go an listen to MarkT2 on your board, he is speaking some sense in all of this and he is a Collingwood supporter.
He is speaking sense because it suits you.
Was listening to SEN in the week after the drawn Grand Final. Someone they were interviewing was talking up the Saints and explained a number of reasons why they would pants Collingwood in the replay and a major one was the psychological advantage gained from coming back in the second half.
Andy Maher got all excited and passionately said "Exactly, Exactly, Exactly!" Too bad it didn't work out for him.
Cool your jets. Some in here should do the same, even me.

He's always bagging Collingwood so wouldn't pay attention to him.
Always? I'll give you since we shot ourselves in both feet which is about the last 2 years but I've been posting here since 2001 and been a member longer than that. I've also posted plenty of stuff not about how we shot ourseves in both feet too in that time.

Yes we got what we could but not what he was worth - that's the whole point and what will happen with Beams. Beams is as good a player as their is in the comp outside of Ablett and Franklin. He's up there with Pendlebury & Swan. He will be Brisbane's best player for the next 5 years.
Different situations.

Really regarding your shaw point?

I have no doubt Adams will end up better for us going forward than Shaw would have been. We had seen the best of Shaw unfortunately.

By the way, why you so negative?

Pointless post unless you tell the rest of what is between the lines.
Ready, set, GO!

Why are Brisbane disclosing the exact details of the trade so early? And why are we setting hard limits?

Judging by the tone of the Lions list manager, he's too relaxed for a club about to pay a fair deal, almost arrogant in a sense. On the other hand, Hine sounds angry, frustrated and concerned. Beams leaving the B&F was the nail in the coffin.

I'm really worried, I feel like we're in some serious trouble right now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back