Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Trade could set up our next Premiership Team

No it will devastate us Dave.
You need to be mindful of how many of us Collingwood supporters feel right now.
It would be the same for you if you found out Grundy & Adams had requested trades. Everything isn't about trade week.
Beams is a gun & I am gutted right now.

Of course it does mate but there's been plenty of mail around in the last couple of years for me not to buy the health reasons.

And it's beyond sad, this will ensure the core of the 2010 list will never see another flag, if there was any doubt beforehand.
Beams wasn't a core player in the 2010 list Beast. He was very much a bit part player then. He become who he is now, in 2012....ironically under Bucks.

Do you really need to peddle this stuff right through these threads though? Why not take it to the Bucks mega thread because that's who you're aiming this at.

We already have just about every thread bar maybe the Darcy Moore one, infiltrated with Buckley talk. Why? Can't supporters discuss other topics?

I feel ya mate. Growing up in the 90's with a father who grew up watching us through the 70's-80's I know exactly where your coming from...
It's why my old man and I had to go separate for some years, I don't think I know anyone as pessimistic about collingwood as my dad.......but god love him he's barely wrong about what was going to happen too us.

No it will devastate us Dave.
You need to be mindful of how many of us Collingwood supporters feel right now.
It would be the same for you if you found out Grundy & Adams had requested trades. Everything isn't about trade week.
Beams is a gun & I am gutted right now.

So we might as well trade our Good Players and do a Total Re-Build.

I am sad of Beams Leaving but you have to Realise this is the way AFL is going

Well if we could somehow snare Dangerfield out of this I'd be all for it.

At a minimum it has to be a first rounder and a player.

A Redden/Rich type and a first round pick would be bloody good.

I'm ****in shattered about Beamsy leaving. Just as he's coming into the prime of his career. The club needs to stand strong here. This frees up a lot of salary cap room.

Let's throw a 7 year deal for 8mil in front of Dangerfield. He won't say no. He couldn't possibly say no. Do it pies.

Beams is a better player than dangerfield. Dangerfields best is sublime but he is also very inconsistant.

Ok like everyone else I am upset, look I don't know if Bucks and or Eddie are crap, I have to accept that the reporting on Beams going for family reasons is correct, I may be sceptical, I may have doubts but before this I understood all the other departures even the imminent HL one.

Now for this one, I hope and really hope it is for family reasons and that as days pass this is proven correct.

My one glimmer is the amount that have signed on under Bucks, so are these issues coincidence, injury and age fuelled or due to coach management.

I am f...ed if I know what I do know is I love the club support if 110 per cent and pray and hope 2015 will be great.

How about this
Beams to St Kilda for pick 1
St Kilda trade beams to Brisbane for Aish and pick 4
Getting better George, Saints do pretty well out of it and slightly under for us.
So I reckon we'd want their, (Saints) 2nd pick too

If for the sake of the argument it is Buckleys fault and there is a culture problem at the club, which i personally don't think is the case, then why would the likes of omeara, rockcliff, dangerfield or anyone else want to come to us.The only way we can hope to get a decent trade is if it is genuinely family reasons.

Beams still could stay.
Dusty walked around GWS last year because he wanted to be with his dad and he stayed.
Dusty did name Cotch and Hardwick as his idols.

If beams really does love collingwood he will stay.
It would obviously be harder because his old man is sick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we might as well trade our Good Players and do a Total Re-Build.

I am sad of Beams Leaving but you have to Realise this is the way AFL is going

Okay then Dave. I will remind you of this when Grundy asks for a trade & simply tell you to move on.

We would have to be the most paranoid supporters in the AFL.

A player (admittedly a very good one) decides he wants to go home and as a result there is a "cancer" running through the club. Sometimes players leave for a variety of personal reasons. Buddy left Hawthorn last year because he wanted shit loads of cash. That doesn't mean there is a problem inside that club.

It is hard losing a player like Beams but the reality is that it will become more and more common. If as a supporter you cannot accept that then it is time to find another interest.

As I posted in the other thread. Let's throw an offer at Dangerfield that he can't possibly refuse.

Regardless of what we get for Beams.

****, I'm devo about Beamsy leaving, to me he's a pie through and through. Family always comes first though and I hope he's old man is ok.
You do realise Dangerfield is chasing more than cash right?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive lost count how many players have been sacked, delisted, not renewed their contracts or want to move to another club. Our midfield next year will be Pendles by himself.
Whether his father is sick or not, the turn over of players is alarming. How many more players have to bail out before we admit we have a crisis???
For those after Danger, ask yourself, would you be attracted to a club the players are deserting?

Dont bid on moore and u might get your KPF. Just saying
You've got a deal. Seriously though it would be in the best interests of both clubs to make this deal as theres a very good chance we do bid on him at this stage I reckon. You guys can grab a mid to try and cover your loss of Beams while still getting Moore, and we get our KPF.

Pls

An "independent" ...Carlton supporter :drunk:
;)

Just trying to give some perspective, it's impossible not to overrate your own players.

I still think it will work out good for you guys.

You'll get Mitch Clark for almost nothing, get another 2 top 10 picks. Remember that there's no clear number 1 this year, the top 4 are really even.

Then you'll have the cap space next year (with swan getting a reduced deal) to sign danger for nothing.

I reckon you guys are hard on Buckley, I reckon his building a pretty talented list with this mini rebuild.

Beams still could stay.
Dusty walked around GWS last year because he wanted to be with his dad and he stayed.
Dusty did name Cotch and Hardwick as his idols.

If beams really does love collingwood he will stay.
It would obviously be harder because his old man is sick.

With respect, Martin stayed at Richmond because no other club wanted him. That will not be the case with Beams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back