Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing a deal with a club to NOT bid for a father son pick is draft tampering. Simple as that. You simply cant do it, one reason being you cant agree trade terms before trade week has commenced. And even if we did get away with bribing Brisbane (thats what it is) to not bid for Moore, we still cant stop Carlton or GC doing the same so it would be a pointless exercise. I know I'm repeating myself but I obviously wasnt clear enough the first time
In my opinion we don't do a deal as it would be draft tampering as you point out. But, the legitimate possibility of getting Beams will hopefully stop Lions bidding at pick 4 as it may be needed to get Beams, ditto GC at 7. Dogs should be aware that pick 4 may go on Beams and hence could easily value one of the top 4 prospects higher than Moore and not bid. That leaves the Blues - hopefully they need their pick to get Mitchell from Sydney or Jacksch, Frost, Giles, other from GWS be it in a two way or three way trade.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I haven’t had time to read the whole thread

What about the following

Brisbane:
Get - Beams
Lose - Pick 4 and Aish

Collingwood:
Get - Dangerfield and Pick 9
Lose - Beams and Pick 8

Adelaide:
Get - Pick 4, 8 and Aish
Lose - Dangerfield and Pick 9

A question as I am not sure. If we do the above and don't get Pick 9 from the Crows can we get Moore with our next pick? Around 28 I think

What about the following

Brisbane:
Get - Beams
Lose - Pick 4 and Aish

Collingwood:
Lose - Beams and Pick 8

Adelaide:
Get - Pick 4, 8 and Aish

A question as I am not sure. If we do the above and don't get Pick 9 from the Crows can we get Moore with our next pick? Around 28 I think
We will most likely need to use 8 on Moore

That wasn't really what I was questioning it was more about Aish's motivations to play for us. I can see the carrot with Adelaide and how that could work, but I'm not seeing what we have to convince Aish to play for us.

I'll take KJpie at his word, but that, IMO, still doesn't bring us any closer to a 5 + Aish deal working. Never mind the fact that if we're taking that path Mayes is more tempting anyway with his bigger body and increased ability on the inside.
Agreed dog.:thumbsu:

Would be happy with either of the 2 players and pick 5, redden as you have also mentioned is also worthy of consideration.

Assuming beams wanting to go back is fake.

saints #1: petracaa
Gws #2 : mccartin, they wouldn't nominate Moore You would think
Melb #3: probably keep it to trade for good talent.
Brisbane: #4 will keep it just INCASE for beams.
Dogs: #5 only problem of nominating Moore.
Blues:#6 need kpp so would nominate Moore especially if they feel like they can't get WRIGHT.
Gcs: #7 won't nominate just INCASE of beams.

So if dogs and blues don't nominate... This plan has been amazing.
Blues are very keen on Mitchell. with pick #6

Believe it or not.. Australia is a fair bit larger than England.

As for the US, I don't know. Most of their sports don't have a salary cap though do they? In which case they probably wouldn't leave as the club they're at is able to pay them a whole lot more.
All US sports have a salary cap, except baseball.

What about the following

Brisbane:
Get - Beams
Lose - Pick 4 and Aish

Collingwood:
Lose - Beams and Pick 8

Adelaide:
Get - Pick 4, 8 and Aish

haha..
Father Son Bidding happens before the trade period.
We will not have pick 8 to trade!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't too keen or he would of traded Thomas for the mini draft pick to get him.

He does not have the final say, MM was still coach, you reckon he would let his son go?

And the fans would have gone mental at that point if 'Daisy' was traded.

4 and Redden or 4, 24 and Crisp.

Quite confident Mayes/Aish will be on the no trade list under any circumstances.

Contracted and would be Brisbane's best player.
The fact is they desperately need him.

Do not want 24 unless its getting us O'Rourke

Pies would probably take pick 4 and O'Rourke

4 and Redden or 4, 24 and Crisp.
Redden and 4 would be brilliant. Dont think Victorians understand how good that kid is and is exactly what we need but i doubt Brisbane will give him up

Redden and 4 would be brilliant. Dont think Victorians understand how good that kid is and is exactly what we need but i doubt Brisbane will give him up

Agreed but Beams will be their best player which will be reflected in the cash they are offering him too, will be their highest paid player.

You want to pick up a player of that standard that's contracted, you have to give something pretty good.

Let's be honest he is a workhorse but no where near Beams.
He polled 1 brownlow vote in 2013.

Just my 2 cents on the Beams issue, now that he is gone the word rebuild has never been more apt, i held on to the hope, maybe naively, that with a full list available we could challenge again in the next 2 years but reality is it won't happen.

My strategy relating to Beams would be accept nothing less than 2 first rounders or one and a young gun, thats it, Brisbane will crack and give in before we do, as there is no guarantee next year they will get him, a lot of things change in a year, Brisbane need this to happen now a lot more than we do.

We should go into the draft with 3 first round picks and take the 3 best mid's available stock up on them for the future and become a team with 10 to 12 who can go through the middle and do it well, I say that because every team has a dozen that can do it but only 3 or 5 that do it really well, except the top teams who have at least 8 to 12, we have about 3 that consistently do it well, very damming i would have thought.

As for Moore, second round pick should do it, to be honest nothing has convinced me he is worth anywhere near pick 8, i hope to be proven wrong but my feeling is we may have another over hyped father/son on our hands who proves to be ok to mediocre.

Agreed but Beams will be their best player which will be reflected in the cash they are offering him too, will be their highest paid player.

You want to pick up a player of that standard that's contracted, you have to give something pretty good.

Let's be honest he is a workhorse but no where near Beams.
He polled 1 brownlow vote in 2013.
im not too worried about brownlow votes, the kid has it all and yes he isnt as good as beams but he is quality

No chance unfortunately. They just signed his brother as a rookie from Ireland and apart from Claye, he'd be Dayne's best mate at Brisbane, he spent Christmas at the Beams' last year. Just the HS making stuff up again.

Funny you mention that.

Was listening to SEN this morning and Michael Voss was on when Jon Ralph gave an update on the possible trade for Beams.

Ralph dropped Hanley's name as a possible trade and Voss called him out twice.

PARA-PHRASING HERE:

VOSS: "you're telling me that Pearce Hanley is on the table?"

RALPH: "um....well....he's name is in the general mix...uM"

Sounded like he got caught making up stories to me.......lol

Trade deals between 3 parties rarely eventuate.

It's GC or Brisbane.

Pick 4/5 + (insert decent player) from Brisbane
Pick 7/8 + (insert decent player/pick 15) from GC

Beams puts GC as certain finalist and every chance at top 4, IMO. Plus, Brisbane is a shithole. Gold Coast is....... wel Gold.

I can't see a turnaround in this with Beams changing his mind. We just have to make the best of a bad situation.

i would be going after dangerfield hard. If we get danger.. this is all a win. We have the salary cap, we will have the picks. Adelaide know that they will loose danger next year. He will get a huge offer and leave. Mark Ricciuto knows this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back