MRP / Trib. De Goey hit on Elijah Hewett

Remove this Banner Ad

3 weeks. No need for people to paint this as some sort of crazy king hit. It’s a level below the Stewart one. Was a bump gone wrong and he will cop his time but it’s no hanging offence.
3 weeks would be a good outcome for De Goey. It's probably 4, depending on the medical report and outcome for the injured player.

It has to be minimum 4 doesn't it? I know there are plenty of examples that work as a counter to this argument but how can you suspend someone for four weeks (Broad) for a tackle that results in a concussion and not view this as equally as bad? Surely jumping off the ground after a player has disposed of the ball and concussing them is worse than a tackle.

I always love listening to the coach's post match comments after an 'incident' involving a star player.

"I thought it was a football action, two players going for the ball" = Gee, I think he's in trouble...
"I didn't see the incident, so I can't comment" = Yeah, he's definitely getting rubbed out.
"He's a fair player, history shows that" = God have mercy on his soul.

Shouldn't be any less than 4 weeks, if the AFL wants to stamp this out then they can't just keep giving the same old penalty over and over. Get serious about the penalty or prepare for the same incident to keep occurring.

More likely the black and white discount…..

Discount? Where is this coming from? We are the only club in the last 30 odd years to have a player suspended for the GF. And it happened twice.

Name a time a Collingwood player got off lightly Einstein.

Discount? Where is this coming from? We are the only club in the last 30 odd years to have a player suspended for the GF. And it happened twice.

Yes that’s what happens when you king hit a player or throw an elbow into a jaw. Both were disgusting incidents

Yes that’s what happens when you king hit a player or throw an elbow into a jaw. Both were disgusting incidents

And Hamill, Dunkley, Hall, Cotchin incidences? Bump someone in the head, punch someone in the stomach and knee someone in the head or just go to court to get off and you'll be fine. But yeah, we are the ones that get away with everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't be any less than 4 weeks, if the AFL wants to stamp this out then they can't just keep giving the same old penalty over and over. Get serious about the penalty or prepare for the same incident to keep occurring.
So they should consistently apply penalties for incidents for a specific period of time, but then pick one isolated similar incident to 'prove a point and stamp it out'?

Unfortunately, it does sound like something the AFL would do....

Whatever he gets plus 1 for having fake teeth and ordering the extra extra white ones that require sun glasses to avoide blinding.

3-4 weeks plus his bye, means an enforced month at a minimum with no footy. Likely misses AA now due to how many mids there are clamouring for his position, and how he would have been on the interchange if he got in anyway. Waste.

Just can't do that anymore.

Will michael christian apply the big vic club discount?
MRO decision making

So they should consistently apply penalties for incidents for a specific period of time, but then pick one isolated similar incident to 'prove a point and stamp it out'?

Unfortunately, it does sound like something the AFL would do....
My conspiracy theory is that every club has a designated "Naughty Boy" or two, who get made examples of by the AFL.

Hawkins is one of ours. I'm sure JDG would be one of yours.

Collingwood players have always been made examples of. This will be 4 weeks minimum

Just checking in to see if anyone has made a joke about Bali yet?

If not, looks like he will be heading to Bali a bit earlier than planned!

Like my post!
Done

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. De Goey hit on Elijah Hewett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back