Votes: 34 15.8%
  • 14 - 17

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Wooden Spoon: Pick 1, baby!

Votes: 36 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tick and tick. Just need to get North over the line and it’s a perfect start to the death riding.

Freo is only a third round pick, so entirely possible it could end up in academy bid matching calculations. Very unfussed if they win.

Mainly I just want a very very physical contest so that Norf are nice and tired leading into next week.

Freo is only a third round pick, so entirely possible it could end up in academy bid matching calculations. Very unfussed if they win.
''

Yes this.

A full on death ride for a third round pick seems like a waste of energy.

Even the GC death ride seems like......meh

Barring some bizarre alignment of the stars, it's hard to envisage them finishing out of the bottom three or four.....do we really care that much if they finish 16th or 18th when it's the difference between (say) Pick 21 and Pick 19??.....................and the way picks get re-arranged with F/S, Priorty Picks and Pick trading, the actual Pick could be a lot lower.

Collingwood on the other hand.......full on Death Ride:D

''

Yes this.

Barring some bizarre alignment of the stars, it's hard to envisage them finishing out of the bottom three or four.....do we really care that much if they finish 16th or 18th when it's the difference between (say) Pick 21 and Pick 19??.....................and the way picks get re-arranged with F/S, Priorty Picks and Pick trading, the actual Pick could be a lot lower.

GC death ride I can get on board with because those sort of picks can be valuable trading commodities. Having a pick in the mid teens (Coll), late teens/early 20s (GC) and say mid 20s (our second) would also be a good draft hand. Obviously FA compo and F/S and academy bidding will likely push the value of the picks down somewhat but still an early second round pick from Gold Coast has value.

I hope they have a year like our 2018 - lots of competitive losses leading to them being down the bottom of the ladder but with a few things to smile about.

Obviously, Pies deathride is the overwhelming priority!

''

Yes this.

It really depends on who we are targeting this year. If those picks can get as high as possible, we get a lot more bargaining power.

What is the highest future pick a club has ever received since future pick trading started?

GWS got pick 7 out of the Treloar trade. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone topping that, but I think we can comfortably say that will get broken this year given there's five (IIRC) future first rounders floating around so simply by averages and disregarding the teams involved it's almost certain not all of Carlton, Adelaide, Collingwood, Brisbane and Essendon will finish in the top 12.

What is the highest future pick a club has ever received since future pick trading started?
Adelaide have Carlton’s first round pick this year, from their draft day trade last year.
And Carlton have Adelaide’s first round pick from the same trade.

It’s possible both miss finals this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we are getting a top 10 pick from the Pies, they are a definite top 8 side, more than likely top 4 then we have to hope for a straight sets exit and a pick 13 or 14.

Watching the game tonight makes me even more eager if that's possible for the Easter Thursday game.

I don't think we are getting a top 10 pick from the Pies, they are a definite top 8 side, more than likely top 4 then we have to hope for a straight sets exit and a pick 13 or 14.

Watching the game tonight makes me even more eager if that's possible for the Easter Thursday game.

Anyone expecting anything more is deluded. They are the real deal. Moore at CHB has given hem the structure they needed.

Anyone expecting anything more is deluded. They are the real deal. Moore at CHB has given hem the structure they needed.
Agree, I was impressed with Moore last night, even Aish played reasonably well although he hasn't set lofty standards over his career and the Tigers were poor.

I'd love Umbrella Boy to be still in the side when we play them and he goes to Charlie or Linc:D.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Death-Riding 2019: Collingwood, Gold Coast and Fremantle

Back