Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

Forward line was singing
Darcy a beast
Midfield handball game like a hot knife through butter
Fast ball movement and getting out the back
Can we clone Treacy?

Injuries to AP and Jackson 😔
Freddy, Sharp, Banners, Chappy, Walker 🤷‍♂️
Could have won by a lot more , cooked a lot of the I50 entries after some great ball movement
Second half of Q3 and Q4 not great

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our best is good enough to win the flag. Some of the football we played in that first qtr was scintillating.

But I doubt we are old enough and battle-hardened enough to bring our best for 4 weeks straight in the heat of finals. You never know, but I think it might be a year too early for us, which is a shame considering how open the comp is this year.

Steven May sleeps with the lights on

A pretty emphatic performance and a big statement after a disappointing loss last week.

We are such a well drilled team, we bullied them in the contest, suffocated them in our forward half and punished them on the counter.

Serong, Young, Treacy and Clark were immense as they have been all year. Walters had his best game for the year. Banners and Fred might need a week in the WAFL but it’s hard to be too negative.

Don’t like how we gave up 3 consecutive goals to end the 3rd and 4th, percentage matters in such a tight season. Also don’t like how we fell apart a bit after Pearce went down, sucks that 2 of our most important players in Pearce and Darcy are so injury prone, really hoping he’s not hurt again.

Overall a good win and clearly something special is building. We really need to smash West Coast next week.

Its great that players have roles and know how to play them.

This is why I find the criticism of Freddie on his thread misguided.

Yes he's not a high possession winner, and yes he doesn't get many tackles, but he provides a spark that I think we are noticeably lacking when he doesn't play.

I agree he needs to be stronger in the tackle when he gets the chance, but I disagree with judging him on possessions. If you start incentivising every player to be judged on possessions you end up with everyone hunting the ball, no one holding their width, no one committing to unrewarded running, and the team ends up being less than the sum of it's parts.

17 goals has done some damage to my credit card for Starlight, didn’t see that coming - esp with the weather. 100% would do it again for a win like that.

Yep - slippery ground and blustery wind. We kicked 17 in not pristine weather. Could have kicked 24 easily. What a team we are building. One of the youngest going around. And top four!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees in hell to the tune of 50!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back