Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To break the cycle of the same stuff being posted on here every day I have a suggestion or two:
Rookie Waylon Manson and transplant Priddis' brain into him so we have a ruck-sized mid that has a footy brain to win 40 possessions and athletic ability to kick 10 goals every game.
Lure Chris Judd back so we can get Oscar in 17 years time,
Replace some of Daniel Kerr's shoulders and knees and hamstrings and all his other broken bits with cyborg mechanics and pick him up at pick 69
Sign Mark Neeld as assistant coach so we have the edge over Melbourne
Recruit Cockatoo at pick 11 and trade him next year for Mitch Robinson who will have blown up Brisbane HQ with a toaster or something
Tell Petracca to get in a tent with Jack Darling in the hope of getting him in the second round
Change our theme song to Collingwood's to make Eddie explode, sending his club into turmoil
Tell Adam Simpson to tell our recruiters to base the club's entire draft strategy off this BigFooty thread.

Premiership 2015 guaranteed

TBH i think we'll take duggan. With waterman,sheed and shuey as primary extractors with selwood as a defensive mid we have a starting centre 4 midfield that could be very good in about 3 years time. No-one we draft this year is going to change our midfield around straight away. I hold high hopes for Yeo but not as high as others. I see him potentially as a more athletic david mundy rather than a Nat fyfe. (which is still bloody good for us in the future) We are now light on outside players and while i see the allure of Cockatoo, if pickett is gone i think duggan is the man. (not saying duggan is my choice but just who i think we'll pick)

Looking into my crystal ball whilst doing some voodoo magic, I think it'll fall something like this.
#1 STK - Christian Petracca (almost certain)
#2 MELB - Angus Brayshaw (almost certain)
#3 MELB - Paddy McCartin (Melbourne have said they're targeting him)
#4 GWS - Jarrod Pickett (Strong links to GWS, they'll pull the trigger early to stop the Pies picking him)
#5 COLL - Jayden Laverde (Pickett now gone, Laverde will be the choice - apparently links to the Pies as well)
#6 GWS - Jake Lever (GWS going for best available and my #3 - they've lucked out here)
#7 GWS - Peter Wright (After trading out Boyd, they pick up a replacement in Wright who can also help out in the Ruck)
#8 GCS - Kyle Langford (GCS are set for mids and bigs, they could do with more versatile utilities however, Langford is a damn good player)
#9 COLL - Darcy Moore (F/S)
#10 GEEL - Nakia Cockatoo (Geelong wanted the pick before us for a reason)
#11 WCE - Liam Duggan (Ticks all the boxes. Highly skilled and an outstanding character, a frame that could put on some bulk)
#12 RICH - Lachie Weller (Weller slips for no reason more than size, the Tigers are very lucky)
#13 FREM - Sam Durdin (Free get their man)
#14 ADEL - Tom Lamb (Due to what could be, I can see Adelaide pulling the trigger)
#15 GCS - Caleb Marchbank (Next best)

Looking into my crystal ball whilst doing some voodoo magic, I think it'll fall something like this.
#4 GWS - Jarrod Pickett (Strong links to GWS, they'll pull the trigger early to stop the Pies picking him)
#5 COLL - Jayden Laverde (Pickett now gone, Laverde will be the choice - apparently links to the Pies as well)
#6 GWS - Jake Lever (GWS going for best available and my #3 - they've lucked out here)
#7 GWS - Peter Wright (After trading out Boyd, they pick up a replacement in Wright who can also help out in the Ruck)
#8 GCS - Kyle Langford (GCS are set for mids and bigs, they could do with more versatile utilities however, Langford is a damn good player)
#11 WCE - Liam Duggan (Ticks all the boxes. Highly skilled and an outstanding character, a frame that could put on some bulk)
#12 RICH - Lachie Weller (Weller slips for no reason more than size, the Tigers are very lucky)
#14 ADEL - Tom Lamb (Due to what could be, I can see Adelaide pulling the trigger)

Nice order, I can definitely see the top 9 shaping up like that. Personally I don't suspect that Geelong rose up the order specifically to pip us and my prediction is that they land Ahern who I don't think will slide as suggested here.
I'm a big fan of both Duggan and Weller so having the option would be fantastic, I'd be happy either way although I'd personally be selecting Weller.
Will be interesting to see who Richmond pick up, I could see them expressing interest in Weller, Duggan, Blakely, Ellis and De Goey.

Not sure about Cockatoo, played only one non-competitive game this year(?), not sure about his highlghts either since there wasn't a huge amount of pressure on him from his opponents. If we're looking for a speedy player, if miss out on Pickett, hopefully we can get Garlett or Menadue at our 2nd pick.

Not sure about Cockatoo, played only one non-competitive game this year(?), not sure about his highlghts either since there wasn't a huge amount of pressure on him from his opponents. If we're looking for a speedy player, if miss out on Pickett, hopefully we can get Garlett or Menadue at our 2nd pick.
Don't forget stress fractures in his foot came back twice.

Geelong quite possibly traded up there pick to snare Duggan who they knew Simpson would like due to his elite foot skills and he would be a great replacement for Christensen.

If Weller's there at 11 we pick him and laugh all the way to the bank. Ticks the boxes better than Duggan IMHO. Outstanding kick, great vision, just missing some weight atm.

Any chance Kyle Langford could become a full time midfielder? if so wouldn't he be in contention to be our first pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langford seems to be quite highly regarded elsewhere, not so much love for him here. Same goes for DeGoey

Hopefully the clubs ahead of us back the wrong horse and we're left with the under rated gun that the others missed. Kinda like adelaide got lucky/were smart with dangerfield. Or freo with fyfe etc

If Weller's there at 11 we pick him and laugh all the way to the bank. Ticks the boxes better than Duggan IMHO. Outstanding kick, great vision, just missing some weight atm.

I'm of the same opinion as well as i would actually rate him higher than Pickett because he is more likely to have an impact as a midfielder.

There should still be a player with some speed at our next pick (note that we also selected Karpany in the last draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back