Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duggan sounds a lot like Gaff
Duggan is listed at 183cm so is already taller than gaff (181) and given that he hasn't turned 18 yet it's still possible that he could grow a bit further yet

Duggan is listed at 183cm so is already taller than gaff (181) and given that he hasn't turned 18 yet it's still possible that he could grow a bit further yet

True, but the essential description of a guy with not great pace but a good kick sounds a bit too much like the Gaffster so far.

Callum Twomey - NFI since 1999
I think he has a better idea than most of how the draft might pan out. Certainly better than most, if not all, on here.

From a couple of days ago:

was a good write up about him hey. Lance his dad was a top footy player. didnt have best athletic ability but footy smarts and skill made up for it. best inside 50 passing. hit a fwd lace out like no other. his uncle brian Aka Brin dog was the athletic freak. Sampi type jump on 6ft tall guys off 1 step. and lightning quick.

I think he has a better idea than most of how the draft might pan out. Certainly better than most, if not all, on here.

Hsi whole draft changes the week of the draft and changes every day in that week. And even more he really has NFI about the actual players and how they'll project as pro's.

Not sure how much he really knows about it. His claim to fame is that on the day before the draft seeing all the interview stats, access to the recruiters like nobody else (he was in the room at the F/S and Academy morning) and knows who was on the plane to attend, then he nails the top 10.

Emma Quade is better - but she also gets dealt a few inside tips to keep another view.

My gripe with him is that he is the master of the bleeding obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how much he really knows about it. His claim to fame is that on the day before the draft seeing all the interview stats, access to the recruiters like nobody else (he was in the room at the F/S and Academy morning) and knows who was on the plane to attend, then he nails the top 10.

Emma Quade is better - but she also gets dealt a few inside tips to keep another view.

My gripe with him is that he is the master of the bleeding obvious.
So you're angry because he's a well informed Journo, as opposed to Nostradamus?

As long as he's right, it's fine by me.

Apperently someone on here knows him and he's told the eagles we are no chance of getting him! ;)
very correct. 0% chance of getting. only 5% chance of getting past 3 gws picks if he manages that gold coast our addopted 3rd team his preferred destination will get him.

very correct. 0% chance of getting. only 5% chance of getting past 3 gws picks if he manages that gold coast our addopted 3rd team his preferred destination will get him.
I'm not certain Gold Coast will take Pickett if he is available - they have similar type players already and might well rate someone like Weller ahead of Pickett. No certainty they won't take a tall either

I'm not certain Gold Coast will take Pickett if he is available - they have similar type players already and might well rate someone like Weller ahead of Pickett. No certainty they won't take a tall either

wow, u covered all bases there. yes, GC could pick up someone.

boy we ono wit all. first pickett to geelong, then gws then gold coast. in another words, like every year, WCE fans have NFI.

still chuckle at memory when someone critised our recruiter on live blog why we didn't draft Chalwell.

So you're angry because he's a well informed Journo, as opposed to Nostradamus?

As long as he's right, it's fine by me.

Not angry at all, I just do not see what insights he brings. When Matt Burgan did the phantom, he took the point of going into strategic choices with the selecting club. His comments was less based on Best Available as that to me is an an overused cop out. Twomey's interviews with the players this year is better so good to see improvement.

Twomey was pushed on Trade Radio in October to give his top 20 which he said he did not like doing. I kept that and it will be interesting to see how close he was with that compared to the draft he publishes the day before.

I would say "So long as he is insightful, I am less worried about being right".

With all due respect, you've really got no idea what clubs are thinking. There is not a chance in hell Pickett is going at 3, and 0% chance off West Coast getting him? Gold Coast might be his preferred destination but they don't need him so I doubt that there gonna take him.

wow, u covered all bases there. yes, GC could pick up someone.

boy we ono wit all. first pickett to geelong, then gws then gold coast. in another words, like every year, WCE fans have NFI.

still chuckle at memory when someone critised our recruiter on live blog why we didn't draft Chalwell.
hes going to gws Enough said

With all due respect, you've really got no idea what clubs are thinking. There is not a chance in hell Pickett is going at 3, and 0% chance off West Coast getting him? Gold Coast might be his preferred destination but they don't need him so I doubt that there gonna take him.
gws have 4,6 and 7..where did 3 come into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back