Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope that we do wait until the rookie draft to sign up Lucas, would prefer to take a punt on an extra player in the draft. Doesn't seem like any other clubs are interested in him anyway.

Not sure I see the point in Lucas the rookie draft. He's either ready made depth or he's no good to us. So putting him on a development list to play for East Perth all year seems pointless to me. I don't feel like he has this hidden talent we need to harness. Best case scenario, in my view, is he goes up a gear in a team that is playing well (which will hopefully be the case in 2015).

Worked okay with Bennell, played in the WAFL for a year, but is now a regular. Lucas hasn't even seen as much game time as Bennell.
Bennell was coming off a LTI though and there were genuine doubts whether he would make it back to football. Lucas has no such issues and is capable of pushing for a senior spot from day one in a physical sense

At pick 11, we're not going to get both.
Duggan compares elements of his own game to Pendlebury.

I can see where he's coming from to a point.

Never rushed, great decision maker, great kick and one thing that hasn't been mentioned is his vision by hand which is very good.
Quick thinkers are a valuable commodity.

I really, really rate Weller but I feel at AFL level, he'll be limited in the roles he could play due to his size.
Albeit, he'll be bloody good at what he does.

Duggan isn't Vanilla, he is however silky smooth.

WTF are you talking about? Duggan (183cm/75kg) is 2cm taller and 1kg heavier than Weller (181cm/74kg). Neither is Pendlebury size. Weller's playing style is similar to Beams and Aish as juniors.

Worked okay with Bennell, played in the WAFL for a year, but is now a regular. Lucas hasn't even seen as much game time as Bennell.

Bennell was a year younger when picked up. I also feel like he has the attributes to play one specific role pretty well. Lucas on the other hand is the classic example of a vanilla midfielder with no real strengths.

Bennell was also coming off a knee reco so it made sense to not give him a senior list spot.

WTF are you talking about? Duggan (183cm/75kg) is 2cm taller and 1kg heavier than Weller (181cm/74kg). Neither is Pendlebury size. Weller's playing style is similar to Beams and Aish as juniors.
I never said he (Duggan) was Pendlebury size I said he compared his own game style to Pendlebury.

As far as size goes, I was referring to the fact he looks to have more the body type suitable to building up.
He's already a stronger player.

I also never compared Weller to anyone and if you read further back, I'm a huge wrap for him.
Agreed, Beams is a pretty good comparison in style.
I would have said Robbie Gray providing he can really build his strength up.

Anyone checked our KM's most recent phantom? He's shaken things up a little. Langford at 5 was interesting.
Has us taking Cockatoo. Must be reading this thread.

Weller has slid from his first draft

Hope that we do wait until the rookie draft to sign up Lucas, would prefer to take a punt on an extra player in the draft. Doesn't seem like any other clubs are interested in him anyway.
Get an extra player in the draft at #69? Who do imagine that might be, and when would he be ready to play? Heck, last year we took Main at #49 and he can't get a game with East Perth. Nor can Karpany, Barass and Powell for that matter. Don't see the point of having long term development players on the main list. At least it is known that Lucas is AFL standard and could improve under different conditions. The probability is that pick 69 will not be, let alone be worthy of a game next year. Can't see your logic, apart from 'I don't think Lucas is much good'.

Last edited:
Get an extra player in the draft at #69? Who do imagine that might be, and when would he be ready to play? Last year we took Main at #49 and he can't get a game with East Perth. Nor can Karpany, Barass and Powell for that matter.

Pies took Langdon at 65 last year, and he nearly played every game this season. He was one the few positives for them this year. We could find a player at 69. Freo did it with neale and sutcliffe in the same draft.

Pies took Langdon at 65 last year, and he nearly played every game this season. He was one the few positives for them this year. We could find a player at 69. Freo did it with neale and sutcliffe in the same draft.
What picks were Neale and Sutcliffe? I don't deny that the odd good choice is jagged but it's not normal. Not percentage play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has us taking Cockatoo. Must be reading this thread.

Weller has slid from his first draft

He also has Duggan at 21 - is 11 a reach?

That said, for our second pick he listed Declan Hamilton, a medium forward. Not really sure that addresses a strong need for us, especially considering he has Touk Miller going at #33.

What picks were Neale and Sutcliffe? I don't deny that the odd good choice is jagged but it's not normal. Not percentage play.

Doesn't matter. It only needs to be higher than the 0% chance that some of our listed players have and some of the delisted players have of turning into decent contributors.

Bailing out of late picks doesn't hurt you in the short term, it's the compound effect that does.

Last edited:

58 and 71 respectively. I don't think picking up delisted players from average clubs like Carlton is the percentage play either.

He also has Duggan at 21 - is 11 a reach?

That said, for our second pick he listed Declan Hamilton, a medium forward. Not really sure that addresses a strong need for us, especially considering he has Touk Miller going at #33.
His first draft had dugggan going top 10 - no idea why he has him sliding so far. Probably just illustrates how even the draft is

58 and 71 respectively. I don't think picking up delisted players from average clubs like Carlton is the percentage play either.
It's a reasonable belief that we would be better not to pick up Lucas at all, but if we do it makes more sense to have him on the main list rather than the rookie list

He has De Goey at 5 - the same De Goey that people on this board think isn't worth pick 11 LOL.
He has degoey ranked as the 15th best player but has collingwood taking him at 5 based on GWS picking their preferred option at 4. Seems to be a very even draft and no consensus as to who clubs might pick

I for one have nfi

He has De Goey at 5 - the same De Goey that people on this board think isn't worth pick 11 LOL.

Lol your comments.
The concerns on DeGoey are still there, his production has been very low at TAC level and has more handballs than kicks.
He has a similar game to Laverde and with GWS looking to pick up Laverde at pick 4, makes sense a Langford or DeGoey to be picked at 5.
Both those boys have questions whether they can become mids.
Its a reach yes but a considered one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back