List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a good operator imo. Speaks well and has definitely grown into the role. Suspect he’ll replace nisbett as CEO before 2020 starts

Totally agree. Don't know why some here call him crazy Vozzo - haven't done any crazy deals at all and in fact most of the trade deals he has been involved in (for example, pick downgrade to get Yeo and Sheed, pick swap with GCS) are almost genius like. Michael Voss on the other hand was totally crazy. Think most the problems Brisbane now have with player retention started when he tried to get rid of Bradshaw in order to trade Fevola in.

Just quickly can i get a show of likes, to make a return to talk back radio and call our boys Terry Wallance and Damian Barret? I feel like, me hanging up on Terry was a little rude, and want to make amends.
Don't know of this I don't think?

Totally agree. Don't know why some here call him crazy Vozzo - haven't done any crazy deals at all and in fact most of the trade deals he has been involved in (for example, pick downgrade to get Yeo and Sheed, pick swap with GCS) are almost genius like. Michael Voss on the other hand was totally crazy. Think most the problems Brisbane now have with player retention started when he tried to get rid of Bradshaw in order to trade Fevola in.
He was nicknamed Crazy Vozzo because of the pick downgrade trade to facilitate the Yeo deal, then he didn't even use the picks on Yeo IIRC. Since then it's just said jokingly.

It’s only possible talent though, it is a total unknown. Pure lottery pick like all drafted kids are.

Of course but the whole reason you want high draft picks is because the odds are more in your favour the higher up you go. Sure our picks 20 and 22 may turn out to be total busts but that is no reason to throw both of them at Kelly.

If the recruiting and drafting team believe that Kelly is worth more than those two, then sure make the trade, and given what just happened the past four years I think I will back them on their judgment no matter what.

What exactly are our draft picks as it stands atm?

I wouldnt be against using a pick in the 50's range to get Zac Clarke on our list
20, 22, 61, 72, 76 & 94. Theres a few clubs circling Zac Clarke now so we probably will have to pay overs. We might need our pick 61 to get Cameron if another club has a crack at him too so cant see us getting him in..

20, 22, 61, 72, 76 & 94. Theres a few clubs circling Zac Clarke now so we probably will have to pay overs. We might need our pick 61 to get Cameron if another club has a crack at him too so cant see us getting him in..

Then, were he still available (and you are correct, he may very well not be), we would take Clarke with pick 72 if he was still there

20 and 22 aren’t a top ten pick in any normal draft year. This draft is very strong across the top 8 picks, solid through to the mid 20’s and then falls away like any other draft.

The top end picks are deemed better than normal. Doesn’t mean the depth is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just quickly can i get a show of likes, to make a return to talk back radio and call our boys Terry Wallance and Damian Barret? I feel like, me hanging up on Terry was a little rude, and want to make amends.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back