List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBH I'm a bit confused by everyone on here about keeping our draft picks. We've already invested heavily in the draft over the past 2 years, what's wrong with trading out of it now? We're in premiership contention now, and we've made a commitment to Kelly. IMO we should be doing everything in our power to get him home, and that means we should be willing we to trade any combination of our first rounders.
I don't have a problem trading out of it, I have a problem paying two picks in the low 20's for Kelly. I think Geelong will accept something lower than that in the end so we might as well keep one of those picks and use it in the draft. No point giving picks away when we don't have to and there's going to be a few guys getting to retirement age over the next 3-4 years so having some quality youth developing in the WAFL isn't going to go to waste.

Hey Mods, Do we really need two threads on Tim Kelly? Can we just merge them?
Because he’s worth two picks so a thread for each pick
This is something I have been pondering.
Ponder no more

This one is the general list management thread, not specifically a Kelly thread. Title will be altered once we do/don't get him

Correct weight

But to avoid confusion I’ve closed the Kelly thread for the time being

giphy.gif
Well it is cricket season campaigner...

I don't have a problem trading out of it, I have a problem paying two picks in the low 20's for Kelly. I think Geelong will accept something lower than that in the end so we might as well keep one of those picks and use it in the draft. No point giving picks away when we don't have to and there's going to be a few guys getting to retirement age over the next 3-4 years so having some quality youth developing in the WAFL isn't going to go to waste.

Sure, if we don't have to give them away, then we'll keep them. But IMO I think we will have to in order to satisfy Geelong, and we should be doing everything in our power to get Kelly home.

Indeed cricket is going so well that we celebrate not losing.

How the mighty have fallen.

Would rather we have a team that plays honorably and draws rather than support a team that cheats and bends the spirit of the game to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather we have a team that plays honorably and draws rather than support a team that cheats and bends the spirit of the game to win.
It was never done to win, do people not understand that?

My god... :eek: I briefly went into their TK thread yesterday... could only last a couple of pages. Absolutely frightening. These are supporters who have seen 3 flags in the past 12 years, their team plays finals every year, they bring in recruits, have favourable fixturing, media and government throwing money to help build their stadium and yet this is how they behave when something doesn’t go their way?? But then I recall their campaigner behaviour on here during the Dangerfield and Ablett defections. It’s all blown up now, may they fall down to the bottom reaches of the ladder. It will be richly deserved :)

I’m getting the feeling that Peter Bell the tough hard nosed bastard is going to help us with his insane negotiation approach. Clubs and Managers are not going to want to deal with him.

I recall being vocal on the Redden and Jetta deals and that it is best to leave a strong relationship after a deal. So far the punch in the nose option looks very undesirable

Last edited:
My god... :eek: I briefly went into their TK thread yesterday... could only last a couple of pages. Absolutely frightening. These are supporters who have seen 3 flags in the past 12 years, their team plays finals every year, they bring in recruits, have favourable fixturing, media and government throwing money to help build their stadium and yet this is how they behave when something doesn’t go their way?? But then I recall their campaigner behaviour on here during the Dangerfield and Ablett defections. It’s all blown up now, may they fall down to the bottom reaches of the ladder. It will be richly deserved :)
You haven't been to Geelong have you...

I havent been in there yet. Might go on a bit of a trek now. Tell my family I love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back