List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This

Listening to lecras on 6PR last night talk about how fusing his wrist was a consideration you forget how much punishment these guys put their bodies through. Also refer EMac and his feet
Exactly. I called it re Emac retiring right after that EP game he didn't make it though. He knew he was done then. If you can't get your body right at the back end of the career, it takes all the fun out of it.

Exactly. A mate of mine had 3 knee re-cons to play 300 league games - of Country footy. The club loved him for it, as all clubs do. Now in his 50's he severely regrets those second 150 games.

Exactly. I called it re Emac retiring right after that EP game he didn't make it though. He knew he was done then. If you can't get your body right at the back end of the career, it takes all the fun out of it.

It was like we wrote these out of a template

Yeah interesting to see what happens with Pickett, would think he will last quite late or even rookie.. neither Carlton or GC picking him up or another club trading for the option (like Cats did with Krueger and 42).

Wouldn't surprise if Geelong jump in at some stage to help with retaining Kelly however

Erratic is the word I think best describes Watson. He’s capable of the brilliant and the mind numbingly stupid sometimes in the same passage of play

His skills are fine - at training he often looks outstanding- but his decision making is questionable. Tries to hit targets that just aren’t on or tries to do too much and gets caught holding the ball

I’m hoping at some stage it all clicks for him because if it does he’ll be a star
Nicoski was like that for ages until he moved forward. Maybe we need to move him up the ground a bit?

It's probably their smartest move, you'd think they would be more likely to stick at GC if they were together and if they leave, it's unlikely they would get to the same club.

The boys do want to play together and after losing Lynch and May a good opportunity presents itself to GCS ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah interesting to see what happens with Pickett, would think he will last quite late or even rookie.. neither Carlton or GC picking him up or another club trading for the option (like Cats did with Krueger and 42).

Wouldn't surprise if Geelong jump in at some stage to help with retaining Kelly however

At his age there won’t be a lot suitors that will go early on him draft night he will Clubs last one on your way out after you have cashed in on all your other draft picks.
If we want him I think he will be there for one of our three fourth round picks.

The bigger problem is do we have the list space available for him as all the picks are looking tight at the minute .
Lycett - Hickey
EZY - pick 20
Leca - pick 22
Karpany ? - first fourth round pick.
????????? - second fourth round pick.
????????? - third fourth round pick.

Cameron will take up the points on a couple of those pick.

So unless we have a few more delistings then spots on our list are few and far between.

Well if not him then the Josh Kelly variety. Josh’s manager said as late as this week that Josh’ is driven by success and he wants to play in Premierships. If we have another good year then we will be one of the few Clubs that can offer him better means to achieve his goals.

On Conigs ... you may be right....but don’t be so bloody negative all the time.

Who know where players will end up , few would have bet on Shiel joining Essendon this time two weeks ago.

Kelly/Kelly in 2020.

Can we trade a draft pick for a pre-season draft pick next year?

Ie trade a 2nd round pick to whoever has pick 1 in the pre-season draft. Kelly nominates.
We pick up Kelly, Wooden spooners get an extra 2nd round pick, Geelong get nothing.

You can't trade pre-season draft picks.

Also the pre-season draft is effectively dead, in the past four years only Carlton have used it.

With Coniglo coming out of contract as a RFA at the end of next season ( assuming he doesn’t re-sign mid season ) .
I don’t want to trade out next years first rounder.

List management should be aiming for Conigilo and Kelly next trade period.

If we got these two into the Club then we are even better placed to have a reign of terror not only,in our new New House of Pain, but right also across Australia.
First away team ever to win 100% of games in Melbourne for a whole season. I'd say we reign terror everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just dont think any stop gap KPD will be better than allen performed this year . Also whats the point in taking potential games from allen .
It would be nice if we bought in another KPD into our Wafl team so we can play rotham in a more attacking manner

I guess im looking at the longer term with butts and goddard. I'd be disappointed if oallen or brander ended up permanently in the backline and if its only on the rookie list then why not?
Rotham isnt a kpd in any way shape or form
We have got our forward line sorted and im guessing 2 mids will be taken with our first 2 picks so kpd should be next

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How do we get Kelly next year then?

Luke Ball. Made even easier if he revolts or has family issues next year.

Take him with WC's 1st selection in the draft, whatever it happens to be. 1st pick is a 1st pick, even if it's in the 50's or later.

The key is ensuring that throughout the year the message that's sent out from the Kelly camp, in no uncertain terms, is that he will be playing at WC and WC only in 2020. (How Kelly and his manager choose to phrase these messages so as to not break draft tampering rules is up to them.) Let the public in on Kelly's history with Fremantle FC, specifically Lyon, to dispel any notion of sending him there as a viable option to get him home to be with family.

If we want him I think he will be there for one of our three fourth round picks.

The bigger problem is do we have the list space available for him as all the picks are looking tight at the minute .
Lycett - Hickey
EZY - pick 20
Leca - pick 22

So unless we have a few more delistings then spots on our list are few and far between.
Burrows and Parto could vacate 2 more main list spots. We had 5 cat a rookies this season.

At his age there won’t be a lot suitors that will go early on him draft night he will Clubs last one on your way out after you have cashed in on all your other draft picks.

Lycett - Hickey
EZY - pick 20
Leca - pick 22

Surely mutimer moves to the rookie list and maybe partington is delisted-shame if he is

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would be stunned if we get Congilio.

I know a few people that know his family in Perth really well and he doesn't want to leave GWS but if he were it would be to a Melbourne club as Melbourne is where he is keen to move to at some point.

We need a dislike button for posts like this.

From what Ive read Cogs seems like a loyal player but wants success.

Also an Eagles fan growing up.

So what is this fascination with WA boys wanting to move to Melbourne FFS.

You aren't breeding them right in WA if they leave and dont want to come home to play.

Just saying!!!

Can we trade a draft pick for a pre-season draft pick next year?

Ie trade a 2nd round pick to whoever has pick 1 in the pre-season draft. Kelly nominates.
We pick up Kelly, Wooden spooners get an extra 2nd round pick, Geelong get nothing.

It was something the AFL were looking into but only for the 1st pick in the PSD.

Luke Ball. Made even easier if he revolts or has family issues next year.

Take him with WC's 1st selection in the draft, whatever it happens to be. 1st pick is a 1st pick, even if it's in the 50's or later.

The key is ensuring that throughout the year the message that's sent out from the Kelly camp, in no uncertain terms, is that he will be playing at WC and WC only in 2020. (How Kelly and his manager choose to phrase these messages so as to not break draft tampering rules is up to them.) Let the public in on Kelly's history with Fremantle FC, specifically Lyon, to dispel any notion of sending him there as a viable option to get him home to be with family.
What is his history with Lyon?

We need a dislike button for posts like this.

From what Ive read Cogs seems like a loyal player but wants success.

Also an Eagles fan growing up.

So what is this fascination with WA boys wanting to move to Melbourne FFS.

You aren't breeding them right in WA if they leave and dont want to come home to play.

Just saying!!!

I am only saying what i have heard....

You can't trade pre-season draft picks.

Also the pre-season draft is effectively dead, in the past four years only Carlton have used it.

Hence why the AFL were looking into allowing trading for PSD pick 1.

It would basically mean if a club acted like Geelong just did for an uncontracted player this mechanism would force clubs to act a tad more reasonably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back