List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool then they can go and find one.

It would be a waste to try and move up in the draft. Everyone has lost the plot about the top end. 20 and 22 will probably deliver 1 or 2 top players.

I didn’t want to trade both 20 and 22 without getting something back. But no way that Geelong have apparently rejected it, I’d now be fine with it. Funny how quickly perspectives change.

Really? Overrated, perhaps, but definitely vast amounts of talent. If it was a choice between Tim Kelly and Chad Wingard for example I would not hesitate to choose the latter.
Kelly did more in his first season then Wingard has ever done IMO. Cares more about how he looks.

Didn't we trade our 2018 third round pick for Ah Chee (may be his sponsor will be able to verify this for us :)) and then 2018 first to GCS last year? I think if you trade your future first round pick first then you cannot trade any of the other future picks in subsequent trades - probably why we got the Ah Chee deal done first before the GCS trade.
Pretty sure exchanged future 4th rounders. So we upgraded it.

Equal parts worried about:
- over-paying
- it not getting done.
I'm about 75% worried about overpaying and 25% getting him. I think it's crazy they won't accept 20 and 22.

I think it will backfire if they do keep him. If a group of supporters shit talked about my wife I would be filthy and this was largely fueled by wells bravado act. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a similar situation to can McCarthy tbh.

Really? Overrated, perhaps, but definitely vast amounts of talent. If it was a choice between Tim Kelly and Chad Wingard for example I would not hesitate to choose the latter.
Ceteris paribus, yes. However, given what Kelly will take to get in versus Wingard and given we'll pay him half as much as the reported 1m Wingard wanted, I'll take Kelly.

Kelly has had his best year of footy ever in 2018 and 2017 was his breakout year , 2018 never finished the season well in the finals I'm not sure he is worth what we need to pay . WCE seem to have an obligation to get him home that's why we could overpay .

Didn't we trade our 2018 third round pick for Ah Chee (may be his sponsor will be able to verify this for us :)) and then 2018 first to GCS last year? I think if you trade your future first round pick first then you cannot trade any of the other future picks in subsequent trades - probably why we got the Ah Chee deal done first before the GCS trade.

Traded it for a future 4th from memory.

Man these rules are loosely applied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is everyone confident the Kelly deal will get done in this trade period?

I'm getting worried.
I’m not

We miss him we miss him.

And we go again in 2019

This squad has showed its team based with roles to be played.

Missing Telly doesn’t change that.

And we have two decent 2nd picks to use

Do I want Telly? Yes. But if they don’t accept 20/22 whatever than there’s not a lot we can do.

And he won’t go to Freo.

But didn’t you say 100% Gaff was Norf bound?
One of those is an opinion.

My Gaff Intel was extremely solid and nothing that has come out contradicts that North didn't think he wasn't coming.

Players in contract keep nominating clubs they want to go to. Yet the only one in the media and opposition supporters that anyone has a problem with is Kelly. Absolute BS!
I know cats want to achieve their perceived value for him, but get it done and stop with the crap about keeping him there in 2019. He's got a very valid reason. He should be able to list a club of preference!
Plenty of players nominating freo in past few years and we haven't whinged. I actually can't remember the last player that said they just want to return to perth, they always pick a club.

Typical Melbourne journo rubbish.
Celebrate their boys coming home, but a Perth boy? They trip over each other trying to be the most outraged.
There was talk about Kelly wanting to come home really early this year, but as soon as he asks for a trade everyone is shocked.
The other one is “if he wants to come home why does it have to be WCE?” No problem with Shiel or anyone else doing the same going back to Vic.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ceteris paribus, yes. However, given what Kelly will take to get in versus Wingard and given we'll pay him half as much as the reported 1m Wingard wanted, I'll take Kelly.

Yes, assuming all other things are equal obviously. If we could only have one of these two on our list the choice is easy.

The AFL's applied that rule pretty loosely in the past - generally if you trade in other future picks it's ok.

We've still got a fourth-round pick (St Kilda's) so we should still be able to trade our first-rounder.

Good luck finding an official ruling on it though.

Hawthorn haven’t used a first rounder in ages

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kelly did more in his first season then Wingard has ever done IMO. Cares more about how he looks.

All due respect pants this I disagree with strongly.

All Australian twice, in 2015 in particular he averaged almost 2 and a half goals (53 goals for the year) and 20 disposals a game.

The AFL player that cares more about his looks is Nat Fyfe.

I'm about 75% worried about overpaying and 25% getting him. I think it's crazy they won't accept 20 and 22.

I think it will backfire if they do keep him. If a group of supporters shit talked about my wife I would be filthy and this was largely fueled by wells bravado act. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a similar situation to can McCarthy tbh.
I don't think we offered that. My bet is we want something back from 20 and 22.

All due respect pants this I disagree with strongly.

All Australian twice, in 2015 in particular he averaged almost 2 and a half goals (53 goals for the year) and 20 disposals a game.

The AFL player that cares more about his looks is Nat Fyfe.
Yes mate I was taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back