List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Melbourne don't have many points at the moment and have two academy picks in this draft. Bailey Scott and Tarryn Thomas who are both highly rated. If we do end up keeping our picks i'd like the Eagles to bid on one of them.

Thomas will be gone before 20. And I wouldn’t take Scott over Valente or Duursma.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Picks 20 and 22 are theoretically worth pick 6 in points. In a world where picks at the pointy end were more fluid, I would feel comfortable to say 20 and 22 for Kelly and getting 40 back plus TK is valuing Kelly at 12. Problem is that Geelong do not want extra picks as their list is nearing full plus they want later points for Billy's boy. They know it is hard to extract a sub 10 pick and they are holding ground. Fair enough.

I would recommend we sit back and relax. Either a deal gets with a third party or we just go to the draft.

I like the draft and who we can get in at the picks we currently hold.

I would be possibly looking at the Suns and Geelong come Wednesday and see whether we can actually go for another pick inside 30 this year. It might mean us cutting the list a bit deeper. 4-5 off the main list - Mackenzie, LeCras (undecided yet), Partington, Mutimer and Karpany and net 2 off the rookie list - McInnes, Burrrows, Olango with Mutes coming back on since he is contracted. From memory we have 39/5 in our list split but lost track as it stands. We could go an extra main spot and go 40/4.

Go to the draft with 20, 22, say Suns 29 (some sort of future swap), 61, 74 and 76.

Ideally we seek a trade for Parto and bundle pick 61 and get something lower. Problem is as it stands now, after Crows pick 21 the next SA club to have a pick is Crows at 73. I expect that will change but wait see. Parto is not going to attract much value, more like a reverse of the Ah Chee we did last year.

Thomas will be gone before 20. And I wouldn’t take Scott over Valente or Duursma.
Thomas will be gone before 20. And I wouldn’t take Scott over Valente or Duursma or O'Halloran or Smith or Sturt or McLennan or McHenry or Stack or Cameron.

This is getting tedious.

Eagles fans and Geelong fans are *never* going to agree on Kelly's value. This is why fans are not involved in the process.

Roll on Wednesday night.

Nah we will all agree he is a superstar once he is playing in an eagles jumper next year. In fact you guys will rate him higher then us in the end

Someone needs to get on trade radio and ask Lloyd what he thinks Essendon should give up to get Shiel deal done!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Different circumstance, poor Shiel just wants to come home. GWS should just give him away for a couple of late picks to help him get home to Victoria to the 1/10 teams he's nominated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narkle and Kelly for 20 + 22 + 2019 (STK) their 3rd rounder + Nelson + Pretuccelli + Vardy + M Allen + A Hickmont .

Won't be enough but you never know .
rambo%20original.gif

I have always said the trade period goes on for way too long. It should be done in one week, Monday to Friday.
exactly, they drag their heels knowing they can cram deals in on last day as clubs panic sell/buy. Why not bring that deadline closer!!!
And for the love of god....whoever is responsible for trade radio needs a kicking. They do 400 liners and live reads per day and all the same. their sponsors or reps/creative should have to supply more options so you're not hearing the same 6 ads and reads all day!!!!
*End rant

I have always said the trade period goes on for way too long. It should be done in one week, Monday to Friday.
Why does it matter? Say the Burton chip for the Wingard trade is proposed on Wednesday, how do they get that done in the following 2 days with Burton being on the other side of the world?

exactly, they drag their heels knowing they can cram deals in on last day as clubs panic sell/buy. Why not bring that deadline closer!!!
And for the love of god....whoever is responsible for trade radio needs a kicking. They do 400 liners and live reads per day and all the same. their sponsors or reps/creative should have to supply more options so you're not hearing the same 6 ads and reads all day!!!!
*End rant
Did you know Maccas has a new breakfast burger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back