Demons eye Jack Viney

Remove this Banner Ad

Only difference being Geelong weren't too good when he was drafted. If he's drafted in 2012, there's a chance we'll be a top 4 side by then....

He doesn't have to accept the father/son rule either, people need to remember that but here's hoping he wants to carry on where his father left off at the Melbourne Footy Club.

it doesnt say anywhere WHY he was wearing the melbourne jumper... just a thought, maybe he wants to play for us? at least at this stage

Wouldn't it be great to get one top player under the father son rule. Apart from Chris Jonhnson who was the last player we picked up under the fs rule. I can't recall any top player coming through that way. What about the grandfather - grandson rule? Didn't we do great with Cordner junior. Big, strong, athletic - couldn't catch a cold! Those were the days

Wouldn't it be great to get one top player under the father son rule. Apart from Chris Jonhnson who was the last player we picked up under the fs rule. I can't recall any top player coming through that way. What about the grandfather - grandson rule? Didn't we do great with Cordner junior. Big, strong, athletic - couldn't catch a cold! Those were the days
Barassi jr

omit, he was the first one, we made sure this rule was gonna happen, he was a damned near certainty of being a player. Otherwise he would have been drafted by carlton, ironic isnt it lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were good maybe, but not successful. I'm expecting a different entry for Viney.

Lmao, I have a feeling I'm jinxing this whole thing :S

2 years ago Jack Viney played under 16's for South Australia.

From memory there were 1 or 2 players in the squad that were playing a year above their age, but Jack was the only player who was 2 years above his age for any state.

He regularly featured in the bests - he is a budding star.

Dont know much about young Grinter though - where is he playing and what type of player is he?

Incorrect.
He played Under 16's for SA last year as an Under 15.
He is however, a jet. A real hard nut...
And, he wants to play for the Dees. Yeah he has a soft spot for Adelaide, where Dad works and Hawthorn, where dad worked...but it's the Dees for Jack.

You will love him.

We already love him!

But seriously - I thought he played with SA with another 2 years to play?

Anyway - what else do you know about him, and do you have any reports on how he went in the tournament?

What year are we able to draft him?

2012 I believe, so still quite a bit of time until he becomes a Demon.

Probably a the best result for us though, we'll get a gun player for under his draft worth and he's protected.

Also he'll be coming into a team that's had 2, 3 and 4 years development which means he'll be able to slot in and go about his own business and get a bit of protection.

Jack was named BOG last week for the North Adelaide reserves

http://www.nafc.com.au/washup/p3110.aspx

noyphh.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons eye Jack Viney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back