Did Carlton really give one of their premiership flags for display at Jason Morans funeral?

Remove this Banner Ad

lazy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2004
Next door to L.Hewitt
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
According to the book "Underbelly":confused:

Also said they had trouble getting it back as Mrs Moran said it was a present.:eek:

nb. If this topic has been discussed please direct me to the thread as i could not find.

This is just ridiculous, anyone complaining about this.

Much the same as keyboard heroes sitting at home and talking crap about Alan Didak, people need to realise that in the real world, you do not just tell underworld figures to go screw themselves... Remember, these are powerful men that are used to getting what they want, and the measures that they will go to to ensure that they get it are extreme.

I don't know who these internet wannabe gangsters are that would apparently pimp-slap a member of the Moran family who made a request to them that they didn't completely like the sound of, but I'd suggest they're much of the same breed that apparently think when Christopher Wayne Hudson strongly suggests that they should let him give them a ride, that they would be telling him where to go as well.

Grow up, people. In this world, sometimes you can't be a superhero.

Much the same as keyboard heroes sitting at home and talking crap about Alan Didak, people need to realise that in the real world, you do not just tell underworld figures to go screw themselves... Remember, these are powerful men that are used to getting what they want, and the measures that they will go to to ensure that they get it are extreme.

I don't know who these internet wannabe gangsters are that would apparently pimp-slap a member of the Moran family who made a request to them that they didn't completely like the sound of, but I'd suggest they're much of the same breed that apparently think when Christopher Wayne Hudson strongly suggests that they should let him give them a ride, that they would be telling him where to go as well.

Are you kidding? Football cubs should be held hostage to the likes of the Morans?

So when martin bryant asks the the tassie hawks for a flag for his bedroom they should just comply in fear that he will blow them away.

The real world you live in sounds like lots of Sopranos watching.

So you honestly think there would have been severe retribution for simply denying the request? Balaclava clad men bursting into an Optus Oval training session and blowing every one away?

Are you kidding? Football cubs should be held hostage to the likes of the Morans?

So when martin bryant asks the the tassie hawks for a flag for his bedroom they should just comply in fear that he will blow them away.

The real world you live in sounds like lots of Sopranos watching.
No, but when the request does not actually involve complying with any criminal action, sometimes it makes more sense to just agree, rather than causing waves amongst dangerous people.

Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make the world a safer place to live - Organised crime is rampant in this city, and just because you have no knowledge of it, or don't want to admit that it exists, and is a danger, doesn't change the facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fantastic grasp of what is real there vv. i mean who would have ever expected the cfc or alan didak to be able to think for themselves or use their better judgement. it is true vv that we cant be superheroes, but if you had a crazy drug fuelled idiot telling you to get in their car, would you do it? i would also be dirty if my club had an involvement on such a public level supporting known criminals, be it at a funeral or not.

There must be a more logical reason that CFC gave them the flag other than they were too scared to say no:rolleyes: (ie. Alan Didak)

Didnt the Morans play juniors or something? Friend on the board.

Someone on BF most know the full story and know Carltons administration affairs intimately... ODN, Thawn........JeffDunne? :D

but if you had a crazy drug fuelled idiot telling you to get in their car, would you do it?
If he was a Hell's Angel with a gun, I'd seriously think twice before telling him no.

Particularly if I knew that as long as I remained nice to him, I remained in no danger.

Amazing the people around here who apparently make it their business to tell sociopaths to go screw themselves. You're all much braver than I am - Murderers generally make me a little nervous, but you would apparently all have no dramas telling them that they're bad men and you want nothing to do with them.

Surely they'd understand, what with sociopaths being so notoriously even-tempered and reasonable... :rolleyes:

Self-preservation is a strong instinct, and when you're put in a situation that gets the hairs up on the back of your neck, sometimes you just make a decision that you think will keep you out of harms way.

I was under the impression, that he already had the 'real' flag, it went 'missing' years ago and the one at CFC, was a 'replica', since then it s been corrected, but Im not 100% sure on that!

I was under the impression, that he already had the 'real' flag, it went 'missing' years ago and the one at CFC, was a 'replica', since then it s been corrected, but Im not 100% sure on that!

The book did say they had trouble getting in back cause the Mum said it was a gift.

CFC was obviously not scared enough to not bother recovering it.

There must be a more logical reason that CFC gave them the flag other than they were too scared to say no:rolleyes:

Didnt the Morans play juniors or something? Friend on the board.

Someone on BF most know the full story and know Carltons administration affairs intimately... ODN, Thawn........JeffDunne? :D

I think either a grand father or uncle was involved in the carlton footy club. Can't remember of the top of my head but i'm sure there was some connection.

Edit found it

Leo Brooks, a long-serving doorman, player confidante and life member at the Blues.

Linkage if your interested

I think either a grand father or uncle was involved in the carlton footy club. Can't remember of the top of my head but i'm sure there was some connection.

Edit found it

Leo Brooks, a long-serving doorman, player confidante and life member at the Blues.

Linkage if your interested

Good link and shows the connection but still how many funerals have the CFC loaned out their flags too? (especially murderers) Who gave the go ahead for this? Was Collo around back then?

If he was a Hell's Angel with a gun, I'd seriously think twice before telling him no.

Particularly if I knew that as long as I remained nice to him, I remained in no danger.

Amazing the people around here who apparently make it their business to tell sociopaths to go screw themselves. You're all much braver than I am - Murderers generally make me a little nervous, but you would apparently all have no dramas telling them that they're bad men and you want nothing to do with them.

Surely they'd understand, what with sociopaths being so notoriously even-tempered and reasonable... :rolleyes:

vv if murderers make you nervous, maybe you should find some new friends. i find it amazing that you are condoning what didak did. what is he doing mixing with gangland figures anyway.

Self-preservation is a strong instinct, and when you're put in a situation that gets the hairs up on the back of your neck, sometimes you just make a decision that you think will keep you out of harms way.

what you really meant by the above statement is that its ok to squib it and do the wrong thing, but only if your scared. surely not. i hope for your sake vv you never come across any bad men. god only knows what your fear will allow you to do

Good link and shows the connection but still how many funerals have the CFC loaned out their flags too? (especially murderers) Who gave the go ahead for this? Was Collo around back then?

Collo was still working for the AFL at the time of Mark Moran's death, so it would most likely be John Elliott that would have given the approval for this. No real surprise there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Carlton really give one of their premiership flags for display at Jason Morans funeral?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back