Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite agree. Doveton had a pretty good side in and they were really good for most of the day.
There was a strong wind favouring one end, and by half-time after a dominant 2nd qtr by Doveton where they had a lot of the play, they had all the momentum and looked like they were going to run away with it.
It was only really the 3rd qtr where we got the ascendancy and the 4th qtr was pretty even.

Will be a lot tougher for us next time for sure.

And everyone was in good spirits after the game as well with all the players and supporters enjoying a few beers together.
Yes agree but in the end bud you guys took the advantage when it was there to take and good on you's as good sides do that and we no that mt are a good side and your write was played in spirits there's only one guy in that keeps your club down and been made to look like arrogant fools these days I think we all no who that is cheers

Sounds like alot of excuses mate.. 8 players out? I would like to see you name them?

Mounts 2s are doing even better than the 1s so im sure if they had 8 out they could cover it and still would of won. Doveton on the other hand have no depth, there are blokes running around in your reserves that would struggle to get a game in Mounts 3s.
Looks like Mount have a side equal or better than 2014. Hard to see them dropping a game and only time will tell if they can get that illusive flag.
September is a long time to wait with so much expectation on your shoulders this early in the year.

If they went up to div 2 and kept there coach i dare say they would keep this list and probably add even more. They would be more than competetive.

And just to add... wtf CPL?? That club looked like taking all before it a couple of years ago. Poor coaching appointment id say.
On the other hand a good coaching appointment from Hallam and starting to see some improvement. They copped it for a couple of years but looks like they have hung tough and a strong club behind the scenes i think they should keep going up.
CPL though... the word 'fold' comes to mind
Well they have been named m8 get this straight mtwaverly played better and deserved the win in the end but all I am saying it will be a lot closer with a full side and not so many out and as for depth it's been tested big Time and mt2s are a good side but maybe if they have to call on a few of those guys it may not help because there a few there that have been part of there loseing grand final sides would they want to go back to that

You have done 18 posts and I would say about 15 of them would have been just talking shi* about Lyndhurst? Get a life champ

Hope everyone stays injury free this weekend
Sorry for the late reply.
You obviously weren't around here during pre season. Most of their posts have been deleted but my god did they beat a drum.

Mount were impressive. They play a zone/press that was very effective on their ground. They have plenty of height across all lines and set up very well around stoppages. They had the better of the midfield battle on the day. A well rounded side with plenty of capable players running around in the magoos.

Despite the strong 5 goal wind making things difficult it was a great first half, easily at the standard of most div 2 games we played last year.

End of the day eagles arent as good as what they all think they are.
They were talking about having a better list then other year when they won flag and its in the bag again etc.

But he's not missing if he hasn't played...
Hasn't played in 4 years since he did his knee... I know he's signed with yas but give him a month of playing first to see if he can even get through it with his knee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End of the day eagles arent as good as what they all think they are.
They were talking about having a better list then other year when they won flag and its in the bag again etc.
They have never said that m8even the year they didn't lose a game did they say it was in the bag still waiting for you to let me no who you are so I can pass it on to bull

They have never said that m8even the year they didn't lose a game did they say it was in the bag still waiting for you to let me no who you are so I can pass it on to bull
They probably are better this year than back then... But the every team in the league has gotten better except for dandy cpl and sandown
But coming back in to div 3 after a few years Ya wouldn't know what to expect... But still... Last time they were in dic 3 they won a Granny... Prob can be a little cocky unlike mount who should zip it until after the granny if they happen to win

You finished last and got relegated!. I don't think you can promote that as a "good" standard of football!
Mate we played against far better sides last year and were at times able to compete with the top end of div2, losing by a couple of goals to Keysie and less than a kick to grand finalists, Murrumbeena. Don't kid yourself, div 2 is a definite step up.

Last edited:
Mate we played against far better sides last year and were at times able to compete with the top end of div2, losing by a couple of goals to Keysie and less than a kick to grand finalists, Murrumbeena. Don't kid yourself, div 2 is a definite step up
Who gives a feck what you did last year, you're in div 3 this year sh*t kicking it with the rest of us. And you got a fair touch up on the weekend so I wouldn't be beating your chest to hard. At the moment Mount look very hard to beat especially with the amount of talent running around in their twos. In saying that, I still hate the muppets and hope someone bends em' over in the granny.

Who gives a feck what you did last year, you're in div 3 this year sh*t kicking it with the rest of us. And you got a fair touch up on the weekend so I wouldn't be beating your chest to hard. At the moment Mount look very hard to beat especially with the amount of talent running around in their twos. In saying that, I still hate the muppets and hope someone bends em' over in the granny.[/QUOT
Beating my chest? I was trying to point out that mount were playing footy that I reckon would hold up in div 2. Given That was the general topic of some earlier posts I reckon that's fair enough.

Moorabbin def. Ehills
Lyndale def. CPL
Mount def. Lyndhurst*
Doveton def. Ashwood
South Yarra def. Sandown
Hallam def. Dandenong**

*Going to be an absolute reality check for the lighting. Will be well and truly over by quarter time.
**Hallam play their ground very well and will put the torch to Dandenong with a 20+ goal win

Hahahahaha oh well hello hello! I just got home from the match so sorry for the late post

Did all you haters see a mount thrashing? I knew we would dominate. For all you fegs that think a premiership is not won in april, i would agree with you but in our case its a little different. Give us the trophy already because we are gonna smash everyone that come our way. There is legit no hope for any other club.

Players out players this, blah blah if your team gets r*ped like the way they did today of course you would come up with excuses.

Goodnight my friends, hope the mount boys are not in your nightmares

Let's hope this doesn't haunt you... You should still win I agree, for your sake let's hope they win

Moorabbin def. Ehills
Lyndale def. CPL
Mount def. Lyndhurst*
Doveton def. Ashwood
South Yarra def. Sandown
Hallam def. Dandenong**

*Going to be an absolute reality check for the lighting. Will be well and truly over by quarter time.
**Hallam play their ground very well and will put the torch to Dandenong with a 20+ goal win
The hillbillies will beat the kangas

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back