D1 Division 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see all the talk about Parkdale and their thousands of vfl, wafl, afl recruits.

They obviously hold their junior players in high esteem as the majority of their new recruits are over 30. They may have short term success but unless they promote the juniors then they are in trouble.

Great to see all the talk about Parkdale and their thousands of vfl, wafl, afl recruits.

They obviously hold their junior players in high esteem as the majority of their new recruits are over 30. They may have short term success but unless they promote the juniors then they are in trouble.

You can look at it negatively, or look at it the way the young Parkdale blokes are, and that is they are learning from some experienced heads... and will be better players as a result. Which is evident in the 45+ we've had at every session since preseason began.

You can look at it negatively, or look at it the way the young Parkdale blokes are, and that is they are learning from some experienced heads... and will be better players as a result. Which is evident in the 45+ we've had at every session since preseason began.

The young players won't learn anything if they are playing in the 2's!!!

Will Robbins train more than he did at Uni Blacks last year???

The young players won't learn anything if they are playing in the 2's!!!

Will Robbins train more than he did at Uni Blacks last year???

A non competitive environment breeds complacency. If a young bloke has any ticker then he'll work his butt off to be part of a successful team. Finishing last and playing every senior game teaches no one anything. The young guys at Parkdale seem to have plenty of heart cos they're all showing up and are busting their balls.

Good to read all about Parkdale and the recruits they have picked up, had also heard the whispers, but the 75,000 posts here confirm it!

Any word on any of the other sides battling for runners up now that we are only weeks away? New recruits settling in? etc

Ok, I have re-contacted my sources this morning and they state Roachford has gone to Bonbeach for $700 a game.

Not sure if he was Parkies best player but those numbers seem massive.

Don't know much about the kid so hoping Mustang of Not-Going-Places may confirm and if this will put a dent in their optimism for the flag, if it is fact.

Rochford has ripped through Ruppo on quite a few occassions, on song is brilliant, however when not on song he goes missing including his work rate. Appears to me from a distance the pressure of performing for 700 a week might not suit his apparent casual approach. If maturity sets in "a la Chris Tarrant" would kill it in any league. Good luck to him!!

There is nothing more exciting for a club to see a first game senior player. As exciting as Parkdales recruits may sound in general Ammos is a young mans league IMO, good luck to them as well, it might pay off, who knows.

Ok, I have re-contacted my sources this morning and they state Roachford has gone to Bonbeach for $700 a game.

Not sure if he was Parkies best player but those numbers seem massive.

Don't know much about the kid so hoping Mustang of Not-Going-Places may confirm and if this will put a dent in their optimism for the flag, if it is fact.

haha you've got good sources, your well off mate

Ted Ajani is in unbeleivable condition. Best i've ever seen it!

(too bad games aren't being played there this year!!)

it's the summer grass they've put down HBP. looks great in summer, and deteriorates during the winter. council should look at getting rid of some of the potholes on the ground as well as the car park!

With only 7 weeks until round 1, it's a little quiet in here. Who is playing who in the praccy matches? Apart from Parkdale picking up Fev & Akka, have any other teams picked up some big recruits?

With only 7 weeks until round 1, it's a little quiet in here. Who is playing who in the praccy matches? Apart from Parkdale picking up Fev & Akka, have any other teams picked up some big recruits?
Long time listener, first time caller. 2011 looks to be one of the more even in years. Should be a cracker.

Few whispers out of OPs that numbers have been pretty poor for many of their pre-season sessions. They seem to have picked up quite a few in the clearences though, so maybe someone out of the Garvey can confirm.

David Teasedale has nicked off back to Mentone. How will the loss of the greatest player ever to pull on a Panthers jumper (tongue in cheek of course) affect them down at Keysborough ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long time listener, first time caller. 2011 looks to be one of the more even in years. Should be a cracker.

Few whispers out of OPs that numbers have been pretty poor for many of their pre-season sessions. They seem to have picked up quite a few in the clearences though, so maybe someone out of the Garvey can confirm.

David Teasedale has nicked off back to Mentone. How will the loss of the greatest player ever to pull on a Panthers jumper (tongue in cheek of course) affect them down at Keysborough ?

Been about an average of 30 blokes every night with approx 75 blokes having trained at some point. Picked up 4 or 5 handy players.

Well, we are about a month out from the Season, and all that has happened is Parkdale have replaced Werribee as the wank as of this forum and probably the Division...

Who is everyone playing in the practice matches?

North Old Boys will be coming up against AJAX, Paradians and St Marys Salesian, hopefully they will improve on last years start, including praccy's.
The boys have probably lost 5-6 but i believe a couple of handy youngsters and the fitness of arguably the clubs best will see them equal strength to last season..

The oval should see less injuries to the team than last year too. Looks magnificient at the moment, especially compared to 09 and 10.

Latest Prediction: Based on not too much

Williamstown
Parkdale
NOBS
Peninsula
Banyule
Old Geelong
Bulleen Temp
Old Paradians
Old Mentonians
Whitefriars

Judging by the clearance section on the VAFA website it seems that Willy and Banyule have signed a bucket load, whilst Mentone has lost a couple to their Premier neighbours, but signed a lot of juniors in the process.

Of course it is very difficult to judge the quality of these signings until the teams are listed on Friday the 8th of April...

I believe the above ladder is fairly spot on, however I will make a few changes for arguments sake.

Williamstown
NOBS
Banyule
Parkdale
Peninsula
Old Mentonians
Old Geelong
Bulleen Temp
Old Paradians
Whitefriars

Good work guys, dal i think you have Banyule placed about right they have some handy pickups and will be a big challenger this year, while it seems willy,nobs and parkdale will be right up there as well. i suspect the bottom six sides could all end up anywhere in the bottom six.
Also based on not a lot here my prediction:
Williamstown
NOBS
Banyule
Parkdale
Old Paradians
Penisula
Old Geelong
Old mentonians
Bulleen
Whitefriars

Good work guys, dal i think you have Banyule placed about right they have some handy pickups and will be a big challenger this year, while it seems willy,nobs and parkdale will be right up there as well. i suspect the bottom six sides could all end up anywhere in the bottom six.

Gee wordonthestreet thats a big and bright call stating that the bottom 6 sides could finish anywhere in the bottom 6!! Way to go out on a limb!

Gee wordonthestreet thats a big and bright call stating that the bottom 6 sides could finish anywhere in the bottom 6!! Way to go out on a limb!

Well here's my first effort for the year

Williamstown (especially if Vanderloo plays all games)
Peninsula
Banyule
Parkdale
NOBS
OGS
Friars
BT
OP
OM

Looking forward to the opening lunch at Friar Park, plenty of convivials on offer and a big crowd!

Jack:footy:

I heard a rumour the VAFA are going to investigate Banyule over getting Adam Masters an Apprenticeship on the condition he would play for the club. Money was also recieved last year by ruckmen Beau Parthenides.

Very dissapointing behaviour but I guess that's what happens when underbelly stars sponsor the club.

I heard a rumour the VAFA are going to investigate Banyule over getting Adam Masters an Apprenticeship on the condition he would play for the club. Money was also recieved last year by ruckmen Beau Parthenides.

Very dissapointing behaviour but I guess that's what happens when underbelly stars sponsor the club.

Your alive kruze!

Fun police will now be on high alert

Going to be a great year this year, hopefully the Friars can improve their consistency from last year and be a big threat

I do hope Old Mentonians still have my good mate from last year playing, sure to be a fun filled day round 1 if he is :D

Shouldn't you be watching trollope final Eddie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back