D2 Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMS are getting enough players down to play 2 intraclub matches at one time as of last week and and couple of weeks before that. lots of talented young players with heaps of potential and numbers are still building at this stage. looking foward to getting into the practise matches.

I was just checking the clearances on the VAFA SMS has been very active in the recuriting a lot seem to juniors joining the seniors for the first time .There has also been some big numbers on the outs side of things as well
I wonder if some clubs are holding their ins close to their chest so to speak until closer to the start of the season
Eltham 7 in 0 out
OP 5 in 0 out
PA 12 in 9 out
South melb 7 in 1 out
St mary sal 35 in 7 out
Therry 6 in 6 out
Bullen temp 5 out 0 in
Emaus st leos 12 out 0 in
Latobe uni 14 out 0 in
Monash G 5 out 0 in

Most of the ins for SMS will are juniors and more concerning are the lack of mature players on the track. Also some of the outs are big losses. ESL seem to have lost a few players? Hows things looking over there?

Guru Out!

Not sure about ESL sorry.

Therry are playing BT in a practice game - anyone heard anything about BT?

On a bit of a fishing trip Galloping Gaso? BT likes to play its cards pretty close to the chest so you will need to wait til the practice match reports come back (Therry and Prahran Assumption pracy games coming up):cool:.

I heard BT are flying, new coach, new game plan, new attitude. Don't be surprised if they're up there this year!

HA ha. Who did you hear this from? Its amazing the number of the teams that are 'flying' at this time of year. The reality check in Round 1 is only round the corner. I expect Old Paradians, who also come down from D1, will be quietly confident in themselves of going back up. Eltham have looked to been recruiting well and would back them selves in for top 4. Prahran will be the team to beat this season even with the coaching dramas. Monash & La Trobe's fortunes will depend on the uni talent available on any given day although La Trobe are probably stronger in this respect. Having said this, Monash plays its best footy on the big occasions. I have South & ESL to struggle this year but hope I am wrong.

How do you know BT play their cards close to their chest?

Nice deflection from Rocket's post too.

I noticed this is one of the only teams you seem not to have an opinion on?

How are thing really down at BT then?

How do you know BT play their cards close to their chest?

Nice deflection from Rocket's post too.

I noticed this is one of the only teams you seem not to have an opinion on?

How are thing really down at BT then?

Just a guess. Nobody has commented on BT's chances this season until Rocket. For what its worth, BT will be yearning for a chance to redeem themselves after a pityful 2011. I'd say they're behind OP - based on last years results - but you never know what a new coach and new attitude can bring (thanks Rocket).

What team do you support Galloping? Got any opinions or just more questions;)

As i have stated in an earlier post, I live out in Oak Park and see Therry home games thus the interest.

They should go well, a bit stiff last year, few injuries late etc.

It seems to me perhaps the teams coming up and the teams coming down, may pose the biggest threats?

Prahran i hear are right up themselves, Div3 bullies, be interesting to see how they measure up.

Over.

As i have stated in an earlier post, I live out in Oak Park and see Therry home games thus the interest.

It seems to me perhaps the teams coming up and the teams coming down, may pose the biggest threats?

Prahran i hear are right up themselves, Div3 bullies, be interesting to see how they measure up.

Over.
I also like to follow Therry closely, will be interesting to see how they go next week in the prctice match against BT. Will really give us an understanding of the competition. I think Therry are struggling with numbers for their U19's, so will be interesting to see if the seniors snap up a few of the younger players at the club.
Out.

Over.

GG I don't where your info is coming from or just throwing in a baited line but that last comment is rubbish - if you think winning most games by an average 10+ goals last year is bullying then maybe you should find another sport. I followed them for the 1st time thru a mate (jumped off Old Xavs wagon) and they were great to watch and appeared to be a nice bunch of blokes just going about their footy. Early word around the traps is that they may not be as strong as 2011 but early days yet. Heard that FF Cristoforo (70 goals) hasn't been seen on the track and may not be a starter in 2012 but there are many rumours this time of the year aren't there...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes there are!!!

How does that bait taste by the way?

Heard on very good authority from 2 opposition coaches that they were very bad winners. Just cause they won every game by 10+ goals, doesn't give them the right to ridicule young opposition players during and after matches (which did happen) - therefor the DIV3 bullies tag that they had well before I came into the conversation.

Good luck to them though, I'm sure they will be a strong outfit regardless.

yeah, looking forward to that one.

what do you know about any of the other teams in Div2?

pretty hard to get a handle on things but with practice matches upon us hopefully we hear a bit more of how teams "are really traveling"

Over.

Can't help with knowledge of other clubs GG but will say that if both D3 G.Finalists retain most of their list both will be very competitive. From what I've read here sounds like it will be a fairly even season apart from a couple of clubs and that the usual comings and goings in the off season could have a huge impact in D2 this year...

From the sounds of things a lot of young teams this year. Must be a huge plus to the teams with the older bodies, throw their weight around a bit maybe. Still haven't seen any ladder predictions, everyone a lil nervy about the start of season???

Heard rumour's that BT's U19's have folded? Can anyone confirm or deny that statement?
If so I would expect to see a bit of youth travelling through their senior side!
Over

Yes there are!!!

How does that bait taste by the way?

Heard on very good authority from 2 opposition coaches that they were very bad winners. Just cause they won every game by 10+ goals, doesn't give them the right to ridicule young opposition players during and after matches (which did happen) - therefor the DIV3 bullies tag that they had well before I came into the conversation.

Good luck to them though, I'm sure they will be a strong outfit regardless.

Incorrect.....thought they were very gracious winners
We played them out in Kilmore, lost by about 15 odd goals but the players and committee were extremely thankful for us making the trip out there and made us feel very welcome.

Incorrect.....thought they were very gracious winners
We played them out in Kilmore, lost by about 15 odd goals but the players and committee were extremely thankful for us making the trip out there and made us feel very welcome.

Like flowinglocks, my experience is that opposition clubs are made to feel welcome by PA despite them being tough on the football field and not taking a backward step.

Fair call boys, good to get the other side of any story - don't shoot the messenger though.

Who did they beat by 15+ goals in Kilmore?

They must have been pretty impressive?

Fair call boys, good to get the other side of any story - don't shoot the messenger though.

Who did they beat by 15+ goals in Kilmore?

They must have been pretty impressive?

I made the journey GG (visited some rellos while up there). They beat Hawthorn and the score count was around 24 goals to 4 - and yes they were impressive although the Hawks effort wasn't shown up on the s'board IMO - and what a great ground private education can provide...

I made the journey GG (visited some rellos while up there). They beat Hawthorn and the score count was around 24 goals to 4 - and yes they were impressive although the Hawks effort wasn't shown up on the s'board IMO - and what a great ground private education can provide...

come on toorak-cut the charade.

You just happen to convert from watching xavs to following Prahran all over the countryside? You say you went to Yarra valley, kilmore ("to visit Rellos" yet you originally used just watch xavs at toorak park?

You don't have to hide your affliations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back