D2 Division 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for your club , the same is happening at E E Gunn. Don't worry about that other bloke , obviously he has a bit of shit footy league in him. Lets just hope that if the Libs get put out Labor will follow up.
Great news for the local clubs with numerous upgrade works going on in and around Glen Eira, Kingston and Bayside. '' Shit footy League '' quote, you have to be kidding as you play in Div 2 Ammos.

Great news for the local clubs with numerous upgrade works going on in and around Glen Eira, Kingston and Bayside. '' Shit footy League '' quote, you have to be kidding as you play in Div 2 Ammos.
My club doesn't champ. Div1 teams at the top end would've beaten shit footy league teams last year.

I see Bulleen Templestowe has come out to squash rumors they are struggling for numbers.

Looking at the post before that with "26 on the track" which shows nearly 10 girls and colts as well would be what probably be what started the rumors.

I see Bulleen Templestowe has come out to squash rumors they are struggling for numbers.

Looking at the post before that with "26 on the track" which shows nearly 10 girls and colts as well would be what probably be what started the rumors.
Negative rumours are like wildfire within a footy club and I think it was great from BT to come out and have a strong stance on denying those rumours. It would have put a lot of confidence back into the players and supporters. They have a season to prepare for and to remove those grey clouds gives them the opportunity to purely focus on footy instead of the garbage that some of you blokes write on here.

Negative rumours are like wildfire within a footy club and I think it was great from BT to come out and have a strong stance on denying those rumours. It would have put a lot of confidence back into the players and supporters. They have a season to prepare for and to remove those grey clouds gives them the opportunity to purely focus on footy instead of the garbage that some of you blokes write on here.
Tbh your setting yourself up for it when you post less than 16 blokes on the track first session back. Social media is what most people go off.

I think Bentleigh played in D2 ammos and struggled. They are an A grade SFL club now.
There were numerous reasons why Bentleigh crossed over to the Ammos, one main one was that they couldn't financially keep up with the NPFC, SPFC, EBFC $$$$$$$ at the time and they were a totally different club player wise back then as well. The move resulted in some finals and a flag or two I think, but this also had a detrimental affect on supporters, sponsors etc who just didn't like to travel half way around the state for a game of footy. Made sense for them to come back to the SFNL and are now in a sound situation off the field and very competitive on it. I think old Bedford should get out of Gunn Park and take a look at the top clubs in SFNL before he thinks that top end Div 1 Ammos could match it with top end SFNL Div 1.

There were numerous reasons why Bentleigh crossed over to the Ammos, one main one was that they couldn't financially keep up with the NPFC, SPFC, EBFC $$$$$$$ at the time and they were a totally different club player wise back then as well. The move resulted in some finals and a flag or two I think, but this also had a detrimental affect on supporters, sponsors etc who just didn't like to travel half way around the state for a game of footy. Made sense for them to come back to the SFNL and are now in a sound situation off the field and very competitive on it. I think old Bedford should get out of Gunn Park and take a look at the top clubs in SFNL before he thinks that top end Div 1 Ammos could match it with top end SFNL Div 1.

GE are playing Bentleigh in a practice match.

I’ll try and provide some balance here. Opinion based on practice matches which I know is not ideal but is the only real measure we have. A stack of stalwarts from my VAFA club are now running around for Mordy. Some were decent A graders in their day but even they would admit that their best days are behind them. I remain close to a few and keep an eye on their progress.

Last year my club were playing a PM in Geelong or some such far flung place so I went and had a look at Mordy play Hampton Rovers, who at that stage were in D grade (they are in C grade in 2019). Mordy got them by about 3-4 goals. I was told by one of the lads that the week before they played Parkdale who were bottom 2 or 3 in B grade the year before. Matched them in general play but Parkdale killed them on the transition and rolled them by 6 or so goals.

Consensus view is that top SFL clubs would go ok In C grade (maybe mid table) but such is the gap between best and worst that the bottom clubs would struggle in D grade. Even in Div. 1 it drops off a lot after the best 8-10 players and the lower divisions are still very ordinary.

I’m no expert but trying to provide an objective opinion based on what I saw (albeit only once) and what I was told.

I’ll try and provide some balance here. Opinion based on practice matches which I know is not ideal but is the only real measure we have. A stack of stalwarts from my VAFA club are now running around for Mordy. Some were decent A graders in their day but even they would admit that their best days are behind them. I remain close to a few and keep an eye on their progress.

Last year my club were playing a PM in Geelong or some such far flung place so I went and had a look at Mordy play Hampton Rovers, who at that stage were in D grade (they are in C grade in 2019). Mordy got them by about 3-4 goals. I was told by one of the lads that the week before they played Parkdale who were bottom 2 or 3 in B grade the year before. Matched them in general play but Parkdale killed them on the transition and rolled them by 6 or so goals.

Consensus view is that top SFL clubs would go ok In C grade (maybe mid table) but such is the gap between best and worst that the bottom clubs would struggle in D grade. Even in Div. 1 it drops off a lot after the best 8-10 players and the lower divisions are still very ordinary.

I’m no expert but trying to provide an objective opinion based on what I saw (albeit only once) and what I was told.
I know a few people that have good footy smarts that don't like to travel. The alternate watching say Caulfield or Ormond and the other days when they are away will watch St Pauls and they say Ormond last year would have beaten them and they wouldn't get close to Caulfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh your setting yourself up for it when you post less than 16 blokes on the track first session back. Social media is what most people go off.

It seems to be a trend of late that most clubs, the blokes filter back in March as I know of a Div 1 team that has only had 20 blokes to training. the millenials dont like hard running these days...

It seems to be a trend of late that most clubs, the blokes filter back in March as I know of a Div 1 team that has only had 20 blokes to training. the millenials dont like hard running these days...
Who'd be a coach? I reckon they're all a bit nuts & it's only worse these days.
Kudos to them, they're a special breed.

That comment was aimed at all the other crap that came out. My initial statement referred to the fact that the coach of SJ rang and canceled the first round with GE but it seemed some didn't believe what was said and no I don't want a medal.

Cos you mentioned they were gonna land in D3?

Anyway now that their ressies won't have to forfeit games, this seems like a much more appropriate result, despite as unfortunate as it is that another division now has 9 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back