D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game at LaTrobe, Nobs suffering from inaccurate kicking and failure to capitalise on the wind, which the wicks did perfectly

Questions need to be asked at selection for the nobs. Was surprised to see Scamporilno running around in the reserves, always impressed me with his forward craft and could’ve proved the difference today off the deck. Will need to beat Districts, their so called ‘kryptonite’ to save the season, should be a fascinating contest

So looks like D2 will get very used to visiting Brunswick next year with NOBS, West Brunswick and likely North Brunswick as well.

Will be good to not have to travel to Elsternwick or Albert Park, hopefully Power House don’t come up.

But very surprised with Elsternwick going through, didn’t think they looked much chop when I saw them and even Wattle Park nearly had their measure twice.

So looks like D2 will get very used to visiting Brunswick next year with NOBS, West Brunswick and likely North Brunswick as well.

Will be good to not have to travel to Elsternwick or Albert Park, hopefully Power House don’t come up.

But very surprised with Elsternwick going through, didn’t think they looked much chop when I saw them and even Wattle Park nearly had their measure twice.
You're speaking as if Brunswick have already lost.

Well they’ve had one very unconvincing win in the last month and SMD are better than Elsternwick!
Are they? Honestly think Brunswick will smash them.

Talking shit pal
You may very well be surprised next weekend. Dunno who you follow but guessing they are already knocked out, come along and watch Nobs next week.
We will be playing a prelim 😉

Brunswick Football Club faced a tough decision just before their first final match, choosing to drop their second top goal kicker, Scamporilno, from the lineup. This controversial move raised eyebrows among supporters and players alike, especially considering Scamporilno's consistent performance throughout the season.
Unfortunately, the decision seemed to have backfired, as Brunswick went on to lose the match. Fans are left wondering whether the outcome might have been different had Scamporilno been on the field.
On another note Tahj Haddock, wow, just wow. Almost kicked the best goal I’ve seen in my time supporting the nobs, wouldn’t be surprised if a few teams try to pick him next season.
Whilst on the topic of transfers, Luka Vlassopoulos linked to make his way back to nobs, it would be an amazing return especially with how good he’s been with the roys.

How do posters rate the quality of D2 this year? I only caught isolated bits of about four SMD games, but it looked to be the weakest D2 had been in some years - not just skills and execution, but even footy basics were lacking at times (kicking to outnumbered players, playing into the dead pocket, being too slow to take the first option, etc.). Overall, I didn't think it was much better than D3 grade (I also saw bits of some Power House games).

How do posters think the promoted sides will go in D1 next year? I can't comment on the standard as I didn't see any D1 this year, and it is hard to get a fix from the results of the sides promoted last year (Parkside into the prelim, Old Yarra relegated).

How do posters rate the quality of D2 this year? I only caught isolated bits of about four SMD games, but it looked to be the weakest D2 had been in some years - not just skills and execution, but even footy basics were lacking at times (kicking to outnumbered players, playing into the dead pocket, being too slow to take the first option, etc.). Overall, I didn't think it was much better than D3 grade (I also saw bits of some Power House games).

How do posters think the promoted sides will go in D1 next year? I can't comment on the standard as I didn't see any D1 this year, and it is hard to get a fix from the results of the sides promoted last year (Parkside into the prelim, Old Yarra relegated).
Weaker than last year but it was always going to be that way.

Definitely very weak, not surprised that Yarra are coming straight back down as they were very lucky to go up last year, weren’t that good but got lucky when it counted. Expect a similar result for Elsternwick.

Footy as a whole across the competition is weaker than 5 years ago though, never recovered after Covid.

Definitely very weak, not surprised that Yarra are coming straight back down as they were very lucky to go up last year, weren’t that good but got lucky when it counted. Expect a similar result for Elsternwick.

Footy as a whole across the competition is weaker than 5 years ago though, never recovered after Covid.

Just had a quick look at their results last year.
Keeping in mind the sides who become OYC finished 8th/10th the year before.
Beat whitefriars on their deck (who didn't even play finals anyway), OY made finals, beat south melbourne and brunswick, and in the grand final were 7 goals up over parkside in the 2nd quarter to go down by single digits. I'd call that unlucky mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win by South and hope they beat NOBS.
Reports of a 45 minute break in play due to a nasty injury?
Also no score for south in the last and friars kicking 1.8.
Had their chances by the look of it.

Thoughts and prayers to Longmires dog on the weekend. Poor thing won’t be walked for 6 months

Reports of a 45 minute break in play due to a nasty injury?
Also no score for south in the last and friars kicking 1.8.
Had their chances by the look of it.

Thoughts and prayers to Longmires dog on the weekend. Poor thing won’t be walked for 6 months
32 minute break , game should've been over at 30.
The player dislocated his knee 6 metres from the boundary and they wouldn't put him on a stretcher , waited for Ambo , he got in and then jumped out and walked back to the bench unaided . The next game started at 3 10

32 minute break , game should've been over at 30.
The player dislocated his knee 6 metres from the boundary and they wouldn't put him on a stretcher , waited for Ambo , he got in and then jumped out and walked back to the bench unaided . The next game started at 3 10

Might have been some gameship in that?

Or there wasn't a stretcher available?

One of lifes mysteries.

Might have been some gameship in that?

Or there wasn't a stretcher available?

One of lifes mysteries.
Stretcher was 20 metres away , game should have been off , at 28 min mark the VAFA official said they had 2 mins left and it ended up 4 or 5 more . If there was a stretcher he could have got on easier than the apparatus the ambos brought in .

Stretcher was 20 metres away , game should have been off , at 28 min mark the VAFA official said they had 2 mins left and it ended up 4 or 5 more . If there was a stretcher he could have got on easier than the apparatus the ambos brought in .
What happens if a final is called off in this instance?

Well done by Elsternwick making the double jump. I definitely didn't think they would do it, but credit to them for taking their chances.

My thoughts on team of the year..

B: M.Wilson (MH) | L.White (B) | T.Foley (SMD)
HB: J.Rubridge (SMS) | M.Harvey (E) | T.Haddock (B)
C: Z.Smith (SMD) | T.Jacotine (WF) | O.Watt (B)
HF: N.Garrett (WF) | J.Brooker (SMD) | S.Kieseker (WF)
F: S.Hankin (E) | H.Parker (B) | H.Dwyer (A)
R: J.Raiti (H) | B.Wilson (B) | J.Cotton (SMD)

I: C.Shields (BT) | R.Hogenbirk (B) | M.Hill (WP) | D.Marchese (E)

Well done by Elsternwick making the double jump. I definitely didn't think they would do it, but credit to them for taking their chances.

Tricarico should be in there for SMS. I will die on this hill.

Wouldn't change much here. Maybe swap Wilson for Tricarico after Wilson's mid season hiatus. And Tricarico is a gun. Should keep eth-dog happy.

Any tips for the league BnF? As an SMD supporter my smokey is Dave Commins to win it in just 11 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back