D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done by Elsternwick making the double jump. I definitely didn't think they would do it, but credit to them for taking their chances.

My thoughts on team of the year..

B: M.Wilson (MH) | L.White (B) | T.Foley (SMD)
HB: J.Rubridge (SMS) | M.Harvey (E) | T.Haddock (B)
C: Z.Smith (SMD) | T.Jacotine (WF) | O.Watt (B)
HF: N.Garrett (WF) | J.Brooker (SMD) | S.Kieseker (WF)
F: S.Hankin (E) | H.Parker (B) | H.Dwyer (A)
R: J.Raiti (H) | B.Wilson (B) | J.Cotton (SMD)

I: C.Shields (BT) | R.Hogenbirk (B) | M.Hill (WP) | D.Marchese (E)
I'd put Sanderson from Elsternwick in there.
Been in the best for 15 of the games played and played every game this year.

Brunswick to bounce back

SMS to knock off mhsob in the ressies. Wonder if mhsob will play pierozak in the twos again after that team got caught in the southern league doing the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brunswick to bounce back

SMS to knock off mhsob in the ressies. Wonder if mhsob will play pierozak in the twos again after that team got caught in the southern league doing the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

brunswick and mhsob to win here

also Pierozak has only played reserves this year, dunno how you can get caught? did he have a long term injury and wanted to get back for games?

Well done to Brunswick for getting through to the GF. Very happy not to have 3 trips out there next year.

Very excited to have two Grand Finals over the next two weeks for the Saints. Was a great game today against MHSOB, a goal with 3 minutes left is always exciting and I'm hoping we can spoil Brunswick's party next week. 19's won the second semi yesterday comfortably.

Given that in 2022 we went 1 win, 71 losses over our four sides to have two Grand Finalists two years later is huge.

Well done to Brunswick for getting through to the GF. Very happy not to have 3 trips out there next year.

Very excited to have two Grand Finals over the next two weeks for the Saints. Was a great game today against MHSOB, a goal with 3 minutes left is always exciting and I'm hoping we can spoil Brunswick's party next week. 19's won the second semi yesterday comfortably.

Given that in 2022 we went 1 win, 71 losses over our four sides to have two Grand Finalists two years later is huge.
Congratulations to Brunswick.

Interesting tactics from SMD today.
3rd quarter rolled all their half forwards high allowing Brunswick to set a wall up at half way and just rebound everything.
Foley playing a lockdown role on Parker another weird move. Completely removed his ability to provide any rebounding from the backline. Was he carrying an injury?

Was a great game in the ressies and great to see a good crowd rocked up.

Was a great game in the ressies and great to see a good crowd rocked up.
Yeah, we had about 100 people there all up. Hoping to double it next week wherever we may play. Hopefully somewhere south of the Yarra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So looks like D2 will get very used to visiting Brunswick next year with NOBS, West Brunswick and likely North Brunswick as well.

Will be good to not have to travel to Elsternwick or Albert Park, hopefully Power House don’t come up.

But very surprised with Elsternwick going through, didn’t think they looked much chop when I saw them and even Wattle Park nearly had their measure twice.
This aged well bud 😉

Tough conditions and straight kicking by NOBS helped
Imagine that alternate scenario where instead of 8.9 SMD kick 17 straight and still lose by 2 points. Being shut out in the premiership quarter as well, Nobs domination in the second half yesterday

Anyway, GF tips:

Nobs to bounce back against Elsternwick
SMS to win the Ressies and send a couple of club greats off in style

Great effort by the club eth-dog, the double drop avoided in 2023 worked out very well, good depth this year, have fantastic to see 19's up, is the school relationship starting reap rewards?

Great effort by the club eth-dog, the double drop avoided in 2023 worked out very well, good depth this year, have fantastic to see 19's up, is the school relationship starting reap rewards?
More with the Ashy Redbacks

What's the pitch to them? Most of the kids at Ashy end up at Xavs, SKOBS, De La, Scotch with a sprinkling at Camberwell High.
This last group had half a dozen schools between them but they'd played together since under 10's and wanted to stay together. It helped that their coach was our assistant for the seniors for 22/23 too and pitched them with him as 19's coach.

SMS have not had one player come from Salesian college since the merger over 15 years ago. Very much a District club.

Remove this Banner Ad

D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back