D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any more news on Bulleen's move to Eastern- have they been accepted or rejected or yet to make a decision?
I believe Bulleen members vote tomorrow night at a Special General Meeting to decide on the move to Eastern. They require 75% of members to move.

It then requires Eastern clubs to vote them in which would most likely happen in 2-3 weeks.
- With them moving into the lowest division, meaning no disruption to promotion/relegation and that division only having 7 clubs. You would think they would more then likely get in.

I believe Bulleen members vote tomorrow night at a Special General Meeting to decide on the move to Eastern. They require 75% of members to move.

It then requires Eastern clubs to vote them in which would most likely happen in 2-3 weeks.
- With them moving into the lowest division, meaning no disruption to promotion/relegation and that division only having 7 clubs. You would think they would more then likely get in.

Good for BT if they get in that at least the strongest club in scoresby has been promoted, warrandyte going down into div 4look like they havent recovered losing to donvale a few years back, been on a downwards spiral ever since with players galore leaving, coach hasnt been sacked despite two very lean years, they have a great junior club and consistent 19s but we shall see. Nunawading and forest hill look very beatable and they should be competitive with croydon north, the rest will probably have a good leg up on them.

Only things im concerned with is they have shocking reserve numbers and I dunno if money fixes this, and if they actually have enough money to pay players to stay competitive

According to the Herald Sun, BT members voted for it unanimously.

Can't see why EFNL sides would object. BT should be competitive, but it is unlikely that they will dominate the division.

Good morning and happy punting today men, my tips will be no surprise:
Nobs to take home the double today, hopefully two great games in these conditions!
Haddock or Paul Scamps to take home the best on for the seniors and Ari Pav for the reserves!!
Go Nobs

Went down to watch the GF as it was close to home. Had a read through here after the game to confirm my thoughts and see whether it’s a one off or they’re known for it. Elsternwick are a dirty club. Constant late hits, punching blokes off the play, sling tackles attempting to dump players as hard as they could, head hunting in tackles. Genuinely looked out to hurt Brunswick at any opportunity. Umpires were atrocious allowing it to happen too could have stamped it out early and took control but instead allowed them to hunt them all game, was pretty gross to watch. Hope VAFA has a good look at the tape of today’s game and sends a message. What a joke, that’s not footy.

Last edited:
Went down to watch the GF as it was close to home. Had a read through here after the game to confirm my thoughts and see whether it’s a one off or they’re known for it. Elsternwick are a dirty club. Constant late hits, punching blokes off the play, sling tackles attempting to dump players as hard as they could, head hunting in tackles. Genuinely looked out to hurt Brunswick at any opportunity. Umpires were atrocious allowing it to happen too could have stamped it out early and took control but instead allowed them to hunt them all game, was pretty gross to watch. Hope VAFA has a good look at the tape of today’s game and sends a message. What a joke, that’s not footy.
Flew the pet bird down to Latrobe.
Thought this comment was rude. Considering multiple players from wicks put down behind the play including #9 kicking a man in the head while he was on the ground.

Ugly game to watch beautiful game to win.

According to the Herald Sun, BT members voted for it unanimously.

Can't see why EFNL sides would object. BT should be competitive, but it is unlikely that they will dominate the division.
I dont see them beating anyone but maybe nunawading and forest hill. Unless they convince some older guys to drop down to div 4 for money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wattle Park requested to come up a grade last year and unfortunately get relegated, while Canterbury asked to stay down in D3 and will now be promoted.

Point being? Good on WP for having a go however Canterbury had their reasons and essentially the form played out as anticipated… cobs will go up with the 2s having played finals this year (hadn’t made a final since 2015 flags) and hopefully go up stronger for the run

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Point being? Good on WP for having a go however Canterbury had their reasons and essentially the form played out as anticipated… cobs will go up with the 2s having played finals this year (hadn’t made a final since 2015 flags) and hopefully go up stronger for the run

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No point, just an observation of how both seasons ended up. I expressed at the time I wasn't a fan of the decisions that either club made.

So next year we have:

West Brunswick
Old Yarra
SMD
Whitefriars
Hawthorn
MHSOB
SMS
Aquinas
St Johns
Canterbury

Will be interesting.

Good for BT if they get in that at least the strongest club in scoresby has been promoted, warrandyte going down into div 4look like they havent recovered losing to donvale a few years back, been on a downwards spiral ever since with players galore leaving, coach hasnt been sacked despite two very lean years, they have a great junior club and consistent 19s but we shall see. Nunawading and forest hill look very beatable and they should be competitive with croydon north, the rest will probably have a good leg up on them.

Only things im concerned with is they have shocking reserve numbers and I dunno if money fixes this, and if they actually have enough money to pay players to stay competitive
Being able to pay players won't be their only reason to move. Don't discount the fact that players want to be part of a footy comp in their local community. If they are anything like us, we were looking to find some relevance in the local community, and we got that in spades. Opposition clubs with big followings came to watch and created a great atmosphere.
We found ourselves in the Local Footy a lot more, an other local footy outlets.
Granted BT will find themselves playing teams in the outer east as opposed to next door, but I wish them luck and reckon they will do well.

Being able to pay players won't be their only reason to move. Don't discount the fact that players want to be part of a footy comp in their local community. If they are anything like us, we were looking to find some relevance in the local community, and we got that in spades. Opposition clubs with big followings came to watch and created a great atmosphere.
Granted BT will find themselves playing teams in the outer east as opposed to next door, but I wish them luck and reckon they will do well.

Fair enough, decent thing to aim for in the grand scheme of things. Im keen to see how they go as well. Might be a little hard early on as they adjust to the new league, and as they integrate u19s into the senior team.

But i will say there is no going back to the VAFA if it doesnt work out, this is do or die.

100% agree Mappa ... we have found the same thing in relation to 'localised' football re crowds and relevance.

Fair enough, decent thing to aim for in the grand scheme of things. Im keen to see how they go as well. Might be a little hard early on as they adjust to the new league, and as they integrate u19s into the senior team.

But i will say there is no going back to the VAFA if it doesnt work out, this is do or die.

Canterbury and Parkside both returned to VAFA after stints away. Other clubs are rumored to be looking at a move so may not be much to come back to. St Johns would surely be looking at SFNL. District sides such as Beaumaris and Oakleigh would also be welcomed into SFNL with open arms.

Canterbury and Parkside both returned to VAFA after stints away. Other clubs are rumored to be looking at a move so may not be much to come back to. St Johns would surely be looking at SFNL. District sides such as Beaumaris and Oakleigh would also be welcomed into SFNL with open arms.
And Ormond

Parkside are thriving

I missed this one. Some at Ornond must look at Bentleigh and think why not. Certainly would shake things up with Glen Eira or Monash or McKinnon or whatever they call themselves these days.
Might be an option for Ormond but doubt it would happen. They have been around the VAFA so long that they already have many established rivalries. Glen Eira is thriving in the VAFA. 3 x senior teams, 2 x U19s and a women’s team and they have risen multiple grades over the last few years. Not a knock on the SFNL as the general consensus is that it is a much-improved competition but the area is already awash with SFNL clubs, all scrapping over the same pool of players looking to make a buck. Ormond and GE provide at least provide a point of difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back