D3 Division 3 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can give a bit of feedback on the Ivanhoe Hoe's from Hoe Park. I think we finished 7th last year. This year we will be looking to build on that with some young guns coming through the ranks, Justin Franich tthe full back springs to mind as one ready to take the next step. Glen Francis will be leading from the front, he was held back with various external committments last year, but has done a big pre season and won huge clearance numbers in all of the preseason trials. Obviously the usual suspects up forward of Angelo Pace and Christian Traeger will be our key targets, hoping for big returns from the big fella.

?? Pretty sure he's playing for Richmond Central this year. Unless I've been mis-informed.

Ang Pace has hung his boots up! Are you actually associated with Ivanhoe?

PRetty much none of what I have said was true, I thought it maybe funny to slide to false info into the D3 sribes article.

however Glen Francis is a certainty for the brownlow

UHS-VU v Elsternwick: No idea, students by 5 goals
Yarra Valley v Prahran Assumption: Premiers Assumption by 8 goals
Monash Gryphons v Hawthorn: Hawthorn with their swag of new recruits by 5 goals
Mt Lillydale v Glen Francis: Got to go with the preson hype, Glen Francis by 3 goals
Powerhouse v Albert Park: Will Pikey and Rombo play, won't reall matter as this game is usually close, the House by 4 goals
Kew v West Brunswick: Kew by 3 goals

UHS-VU v Elsternwick: No idea, students by 5 goals
Yarra Valley v Prahran Assumption: Premiers Assumption by 8 goals
Monash Gryphons v Hawthorn: Hawthorn with their swag of new recruits by 5 goals
Mt Lillydale v Glen Francis: Got to go with the preson hype, Glen Francis by 3 goals
Powerhouse v Albert Park: Will Pikey and Rombo play, won't reall matter as this game is usually close, the House by 4 goals
Kew v West Brunswick: Kew by 3 goals

Glen Francis will actually be in Cancoon for Spring Break this weekend... I beleive he'll be back round 3.

will still win bnf

Glen Francis will actually be in Cancoon for Spring Break this weekend... I beleive he'll be back round 3.

will still win bnf

With all the pre season hype why is Francis not plying his trade with an AFL club? No pressure on this fella to produce the goods but at least opposition coaches have the heads up and can start planning now!!

Round 1 just around the corner!

Might as well do my Round 1 tips based on nothing but last year, rumours and rat cunning:

Uni High v Elsternwick-Expect these two to be right up there. uni High at home in a close one by 2 goals.

Yarra valley v Prahran- Maybe a GF preview. Prahran to announce themselves as red hot favourites for the title by ten goals.

Monash Gryphons v Hawthorn- The gryphs obviously had a good team on the park last year and at home will challenge Hawthorn. However if teh regular suspects like Ogge & Tremowen are running around then I'll take the Hawks by four goals.

Mt Lilydale v Ivanhoe- The Hoes have the longest road trip first up against a side who will be keen to mix it in D3. Mt Lilydale must have some quality and the Hoes will be missing half a dozen of their best but they do have some outstanding young talent and I'll back them by 10 points.

Powerhouse v Albert Park-Local derby. Powerhouse almost got themselves to D2 and have added Rombotis and maybe Pike to what is a physical unit. However, I still believe that AP have the quality to win a thriller by 5 points.

Kew v west Brunswick-Not much noise from these clubs who have maybe been unfairly written off. In a hunch I'll pick West Brunswick by 6 goals.

Best of luck to all and by 5pm on Saturday night the picture will be a little clearer.

Uni V Elst = Uni in a close 1
Yarra V Prahran = Prahran 23 goals. we are 24 weeks away from them lifting the cup.
Monash V Hawks = Monash by 4.3 as they leap from d4 - d3
Mt Lillydale V Hoes = Hoes by 11 goals - Glen Francis' shoe size is 11
Powerhouse V Albert Park = a spiteful game with spotfires breaking out all over the place will end in a draw
Kew V West Brunswick = home side on away goals

Hey kids, i've played local footy at the same club (SFL) for many years and am probably looking to make a change this season - yes it's late but i can't play until the week after Easter due to work anyways.

I live around the corner from Powerhouse and Albert Park and am thinking of heading down to one or both on a Tuesday or Thursday to check it out.

I know what's written on here isn't gospel and i won't be taking it as such, but can anyone give me a bit of an idea of what either/both clubs are about??

Are they pretty similar or completely different culturally/personality wise??
How would you in a nutshell describe each club if talking to a potential player??

And what's the feeling about how each side will go this year??

I should get a chance to check out at least some of the round 1 clash, but any feedback you guys can give would be appreciated. :thumbsu:

Tips for Round 1. Some good games with manyrRivals playing each other

Uni V Elst = UHS by 2 goals. Ok at home. Elsternwick old.

Yarra V Prahran = Prahran 10 goals. Will only lose 1 game for the year.

Monash V Hawks =Gryphs by 22 points will be pumped after dual Flag unveiling plus playing big rival

Mt Lillydale V Hoes = Mt Lillydale are hard to beat at home. 3 goals

Powerhouse V Albert Park = Power House by 2 goals. Big rivals. Should be a great clash.

Kew V West Brunswick = Not sure on this one. Both Favourites to fall but will go West by 3 goals.

My ladder - I really have no idea.

Prahran
Yarra
Hawthorn
House
Hoes
Gryphons
Uni
Albert Park
My Lilydale
Elsternwick
West
Kew

Hey kids, i've played local footy at the same club (SFL) for many years and am probably looking to make a change this season - yes it's late but i can't play until the week after Easter due to work anyways.

I live around the corner from Powerhouse and Albert Park and am thinking of heading down to one or both on a Tuesday or Thursday to check it out.

I know what's written on here isn't gospel and i won't be taking it as such, but can anyone give me a bit of an idea of what either/both clubs are about??

Are they pretty similar or completely different culturally/personality wise??
How would you in a nutshell describe each club if talking to a potential player??

And what's the feeling about how each side will go this year??

I should get a chance to check out at least some of the round 1 clash, but any feedback you guys can give would be appreciated. :thumbsu:

Your right, both are silimiar clubs.
Powerhouse finished 3rd last year and Albert Park finished 4th (after finals)
Both clubs have good facilities and the players will pretty much be the same. Each club usually has 5 or 6 packpackers playing for them thanks to St Kilda.
You will enjoy your time and theSaturday night activities the area offers no matter who you choose to play for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your right, both are silimiar clubs.
Powerhouse finished 3rd last year and Albert Park finished 4th (after finals)
Both clubs have good facilities and the players will pretty much be the same. Each club usually has 5 or 6 packpackers playing for them thanks to St Kilda.
You will enjoy your time and theSaturday night activities the area offers no matter who you choose to play for.

Cheers, thanks for that. :thumbsu:

any other feedback would be appreciated....

Gday House, I represent the House. Both are good clubs - we have a good rivalry with Albert Park (no acrimony unlike what has been suggested here of late). This has been built up through numerous practice matches in past seasons and the clubs look after each other.

I'd say you'd be welcomed at both clubs, but I'd go for the House (biased of course). Focussed on achieving a great result under the helm of 4 time AFL premiership winning coach, Martin Pike, but at the same time, a great group of blokes, many of whom are from the country who enjoy a great social environment.

PM me if you want any further detail and a formal intro. You will be welcome.

Has been some interesting banter going on here. Round 1 tips are always difficult. We'll really see how teams are traveling after a few rounds have been played. In saying that:

UHS-VU
v Elsternwick - 23 points. Elsternwick aren't known as the great trainers, so generally have slow starts to the year. They also play a better on the postage stamp as they don't have run as much. They seem to have picked up a few Chadstone lads so not sure how much that will help them. UHS have picked up 30 odd blokes this year(a lot from WRFL) so I think they will take the extra step and play finals this year. Grace(which one? I don't know, they all look the same to me) to be the shining light for Elsternwick.

Yarra Valley v Prahran Assumption - 57 points. You would suggest Prahran will do very well this year. To win 5 games and be relegated is tough. Same thing happened to the Gryphs last year and they bounced straight back up. I expect Prahran to do the same. I've never seen Yarra Valley play so withhold judgement for now. Will be interesting to see how Graeme Thompson goes for them, could be a handy pickup considering where he is from. Ben Allen to dominate.

Monash Gryphons v Hawthorn - 9 points. Does everyone have a grudge match with Hawthorn? They used to be one of the most disliked teams in the comp but think the change in personnel a couple of years ago has helped their image problems. It may take them a little while to gel with all the new recruits and was concerned with reports that their 2's won by heaps and 1's lost by heaps in the latest praccy match. Hawthorn old boys to stand strong but Gryphs will be on a high and wanting to stamp their mark early. Ogge to step up as captain and will take strong marks all around the ground.

Mt Lilydale v Ivanhoe - 20 points. I would expect Ivanhoe to be the stronger team here just missing out on finals last year. I can't ever recall the Rams ever playing D3, so the step might be a challenge. They do want to go places shown by their new website. Ivanhoe wont enjoy the drive out there but the ground should be ok this time of year, so a good chance to get the travel out of the way. Teams mid season wont enjoy the bog heap. Roberts brothers for ML to kick 8 goals between them.

Powerhouse
v Albert Park - 6 points. Match of the round. Not much normally separates these teams. Will be interesting to see if the Pike rumours are true. Powerhouse do have the wood over Albert Park and only for this reason have I tipped them. Burnside v Maunder, both great players so will be tight to see who gets BOG.

Kew v West Brunswick - 16 points. I don't really expect much from either of these teams this year. West Brunswick are generally more competitive and consistent. Kew is up and down like a yo-yo. Kew, lucky not to be relegated last year, haven't signed enough blokes yet to make a difference. Westies have a few country boys to bolster their stocks so suggest they might do marginally better than last year. Will anyone stand up? Haven't kept an eye on these teams so any suggestions welcome.

We'll it might come down to which club's major pub sponser you want to drink at and have functions at:
Albert Park: Republica: St Kilda sea bathes
Powerhouse: Rising Sun Hotel: Sth Melbourne

Both fine drinking establishments.

Mt Lilydale v Ivanhoe - 20 points. I would expect Ivanhoe to be the stronger team here just missing out on finals last year. I can't ever recall the Rams ever playing D3, so the step might be a challenge. They do want to go places shown by their new website. Ivanhoe wont enjoy the drive out there but the ground should be ok this time of year, so a good chance to get the travel out of the way. Teams mid season wont enjoy the bog heap. Roberts brothers for ML to kick 8 goals between them.

Biggest question out of this game might be the 2011 form of the 'Banshee'. Will she raise her performance another bar now Mt L are in D3?

Ivanhoe may well be advised to take plenty of ear plugs for the children in the crowd!

There should be some good laughs for your clubs during the year....

Biggest question out of this game might be the 2011 form of the 'Banshee'. Will she raise her performance another bar now Mt L are in D3?

Ivanhoe may well be advised to take plenty of ear plugs for the children in the crowd!

There should be some good laughs for your clubs during the year....

I'm sure she will be in fine form. Could ruffle a few feathers this year for any team not ready for the shriek.

UHS-VU v Elsternwick - 23 points. Elsternwick aren't known as the great trainers, so generally have slow starts to the year. They also play a better on the postage stamp as they don't have run as much. They seem to have picked up a few Chadstone lads so not sure how much that will help them. UHS have picked up 30 odd blokes this year(a lot from WRFL) so I think they will take the extra step and play finals this year. Grace(which one? I don't know, they all look the same to me) to be the shining light for Elsternwick.

Powerhouse v Albert Park - 6 points. Match of the round. Not much normally separates these teams. Will be interesting to see if the Pike rumours are true. Powerhouse do have the wood over Albert Park and only for this reason have I tipped them. Burnside v Maunder, both great players so will be tight to see who gets BOG.

Terrible post - Albert park lost to South Mornington by 10 goals - Elsternwick were training hard at the time..........

Terrible post - Albert park lost to South Mornington by 10 goals - Elsternwick were training hard at the time..........

I'm sorry it didn't live up to your high standards.

I still don't see the correlation between SM beating AP and Elsternwick training hard at the time.

Good on you for sticking up for your club but I just think it takes you guys a few games to get in to the swing of things. Call it what you will, I just think you have lacked a little fitness and finish better than what you start.

Good to see that the real football has returned, as I follow the fortunes of the northern suburb clubs. An interesting round, and with(out) some knowledge of some teams, here goes:

UHS-VU vs Elsternwick
Yarra Valley vs Prahran
Monash Gympions vs Hawthorn
Mt Lilydale vs Ivanhoe
Pwer House vs Albert Park
Kew vs West Brunswick

I have no idea at all, but here goes......

UHS-VU vsElsternwick - 24 points - Home ground helpful for this clash.

Yarra Valley vs Prahran - in an upset as Yarra hard to beat at home and I want hope that someone will be able to beat PA this year - 13 points

Monash Gryphons vs Hawthorn - I think the Hawks will be ok this year and feel they can just squeak this one out over last years D4 premiers - 2 points.

Mt Lilydale vs Ivanhoe - think the Hoes are a few weeks away from being at full flight and the home ground advantage to the Mt L boys will see them win by 17 points.

Power House vs Albert Park - Draw. Can't split them AP impressed me last year when they had the full team on the park. Should be a cracker of a game.

Kew vs West Brunswick - West Brunny to have agood start to the year and sit on top of the ladder Saturday night.

Looking forward to a very even year - even if most people feel this one is in the bag for PA. You just never know

Chump

UHS-VU are out at McAlister Oval this year. Don't know whether that helps them or hinders them against Elsternwick, but we'll find out tomorrow!

It has them down on the ammos website at Brens.

So they are on West Brunswick's ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back